Daniel Jeremiah on this year's QB class

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams0307

Via twitter:

@codykeesee People in the league aren't very excited about these QB's.

@codykeesee nope...This is from personnel guys on playoff teams without a need at the position. No reason to lie.

@codykeesee Not a Hundley fan..No pocket awareness, can't work deep into progressions and lacks accuracy on drive throws. Not top 2 rd guy.

Agree on Hundley. Possibly the most overrated guy in the draft so far. Surprised teams aren't excited about Mariota, although I don't see him as a top talent in the draft. Just figured some teams would really like him because of his athleticism.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is Cody Kessler declaring? I like the way that kid is always bouncing and moving around the pocket. Decent arm strength too, and can throw on the run really well.

Rams0307

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't believe he is. The only thing that could make this class somewhat decent is if Connor Cook declares, which seems doubtful.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't believe he is. The only thing that could make this class somewhat decent is if Connor Cook declares, which seems doubtful.
Last I heard, he was meeting with NFL Draft advisers. He's intriguing to me, and I find myself watching a lot of games that USC played this year just to not let my opinion get clouded by highlight videos. Kid really impresses me and looks like a slightly smaller Tony Romo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Is Cody Kessler declaring? I like the way that kid is always bouncing and moving around the pocket. Decent arm strength too, and can throw on the run really well.

I'm done with small quarterbacks! Watched him in a few games most recently against UCLA and he looked horrendous...6'1 210 he will stay in school because he should, but he does nothing for me as always JMHO.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm done with small quarterbacks! Watched him in a few games most recently against UCLA and he looked horrendous...6'1 210 he will stay in school because he should, but he does nothing for me as always JMHO.
I can respect that. Different strokes for different folks and all. I'm just thinking that he'd be an early-mid-round draft pick, and I like what *I* saw. I'm sure some other scouts feel the same, but this whole thing is an inexact science and a crap-shoot anyway. Dude is never flat-footed, and I rarely see him panic.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I can respect that. Different strokes for different folks and all. I'm just thinking that he'd be an early-mid-round draft pick, and I like what *I* saw. I'm sure some other scouts feel the same, but this whole thing is an inexact science and a crap-shoot anyway. Dude is never flat-footed, and I rarely see him panic.

If I'm going to take a chance on a Quarterback I like East Carolina's Shane Carden much better. A tad bigger at 6'2 225 and excellent under pressure and a better athlete IMO and will be coming be part of the 2015 draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If I'm going to take a chance on a Quarterback I like East Carolina's Shane Carden much better. A tad bigger at 6'2 225 and excellent under pressure and a better athlete IMO and will be coming be part of the 2015 draft.
I'll look at him too.

Memphis Ram

Legend

He didn't have as good a game results wise, but I found myself sorta impressed by him, too.

FRO

Legend
Aaron Donald and EJ Gaines show us that skill is better than size. If the guy is 5'11" and he can play, then I'm for it. Haven't watched much of Kessler.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He didn't have as good a game results wise, but I found myself sorta impressed by him, too.
I'm also encouraged by the offense he runs. It *should be* a pretty smooth transition for him were the Rams to get him.
Who does he remind you of?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I'm also encouraged by the offense he runs. It *should be* a pretty smooth transition for him were the Rams to get him.
Who does he remind you of?

Not sure yet. I only really paid attention to him in that game as I didn't think he would even consider declaring for the draft.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Not sure yet. I only really paid attention to him in that game as I didn't think he would even consider declaring for the draft.
pp,375x360.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Against UCLA? Ew. I gotta agree with Den. He was terrible. Looked like that Matt Barkley/John David Booty type USC QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kessler looked pretty awesome against Notre Dame and Cal. I like the kid. If anything IMO, he's anything BUT the typical USC QB. Can make plays with his feet while not working behind an NFL starting caliber line, throwing to a bevy of NFL caliber WR

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kessler looked pretty awesome against Notre Dame and Cal. I like the kid. If anything IMO, he's anything BUT the typical USC QB. Can make plays with his feet while not working behind an NFL starting caliber line, throwing to a bevy of NFL caliber WR

I disagree on the OL and WRs. Kessler has plenty of talent on those units.

Thus far, I haven't seen it. But I'll give him a chance when he declares. And I do hope I like him because I'd rather not pay an arm and a leg for a QB this off-season. But he seems a lot like Matt Barkley to me in terms of tools.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Gosh I hope he leaves this year, I like that huge kid from Washington Max Browne
And now they have Ricky Town - looks to be time for shorty Kessler to step aside!!!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I disagree on the OL and WRs. Kessler has plenty of talent on those units.

Thus far, I haven't seen it. But I'll give him a chance when he declares. And I do hope I like him because I'd rather not pay an arm and a leg for a QB this off-season. But he seems a lot like Matt Barkley to me in terms of tools.
Matt Barkley? No way. Barkley was a check down machine that wasn't very mobile. Kessler chucks it downfield and has decent wheels.
Like you said though, unless he declares it's not worth debating

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Barkley? No way. Barkley was a check down machine that wasn't very mobile. Kessler chucks it downfield and has decent wheels.
Like you said though, unless he declares it's not worth debating

That's not what I recall of Barkley. He pushed it down the field some despite his arm strength limitations. Kessler is more elusive and has better feet than Barkley but he's not Jameis Winston or Mariota. But he's like Barkley in his lack of physical tools. Below average height, below average arm strength, average mobility, etc.

But I haven't seen enough of him to have a full evaluation on the more important aspects of QBing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But he's like Barkley in his lack of physical tools. Below average height, below average arm strength, average mobility, etc.
Disagree. His mobility is anything but average, and his arm strength isn't below average at all.
He throws this 55 yarder pretty effortlessly it looks like. Can't see him needing to throw much further at this level.