Dan Reeves, former NFL coach and player, dies at 77

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dan Reeves, former NFL coach and player, dies at 77​

Former NFL player and head coach Dan Reeves has died, his family said. Reeves was 77.

Reeves spent 38 years in the league, winning a Super Bowl as a player with the Dallas Cowboys and as a Cowboys assistant under Tom Landry. As a head coach, he led the Denver Broncos to three Super Bowls and the Atlanta Falconsto their first appearance, but fell short in each game.

Between his stints with the Broncos (1981-92) and Falcons (1997-2003), he also coached the New York Giants (1993-96).

He has a 201-174-2 NFL coaching record -- one of only seven coaches in NFL history with 200 wins.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Amazing NFL Career. Longevity does not describe it.

Solid and versatile player on some excellent teams. Threw a 50-yard touchdown pass, on a halfback-option, to future Ram WR Lance Rentzel in the fourth quarter of the famous Ice Bowl Game for the NFC Championship. Put Dallas in the lead but Bart Starr scored late and the Packers went-on to defeat Oakland in Super Bowl II.

Assistant for Tom Landry after he retired. Then was a head coach for 23 straight seasons, for 3 different teams.

Almost 40 consecutive seasons in the NFL. That's a good life.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I remember watching him play with the Cowboys. I remember him taking Denver to Superbowls. I remember his Falcons gettibg to the Superbowl because Gary Anderson missed a FG....his only miss of the year. But unfortunately the thing I remember most vividly is Reeves doing the Dirty Bird!!!!

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RIP Dan Reeves. I watched him a bunch as a kid living in Colorado. Never seemed to get his due from fans or the league.

Ram65

Legend
Time is passing by. RIP Dan. He participated in 9 Super Bowls. Too bad didn't win a SB as a HC. He really did seem to be in the NFL forever.

Description​

Daniel Edward Reeves was an American football running back and coach in the National Football League. During his 38 years in the NFL, Reeves participated in nine Super Bowls, the third most for an individual. Wikipedia
Born: January 19, 1944, Rome, GA
Died: January 1, 2022
Spouse: Pam Reeves (m. 1964)
Hall of fame induction: 1967
Past teams coached: Atlanta Falcons (Head coach, 1997–2003), MORE
Children: Lee Reeves, Dana Reeves, Laura Reeves
Parents: Edd Reeves, Ann Reeves

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
RIP Dan Reeves same name as the former Los Angeles Rams owner. Underrated as a player and a very good Head Coach, that was Bud Grant 2.0. Reeves lost 4 Super Bowls, three with Denver & 1 with the Falcons. Reeves also was one of the last head coaches that actually dressed well on the sidelines....My prayers go out to his family, loved ones & friends.
1641052692661.png

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
We should have given him another chance instead of Linehan or Spags.

RIP Coach.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He has a 201-174-2 NFL coaching record -- one of only seven coaches in NFL history with 200 wins.

200 wins. That’s a lot of winning. He left his mark on the league.

Rest in peace, Dan Reeves.