Damian Williams...Austin Pettis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
So I assume the fact that they brought in Williams rather than resign Pettis pretty much makes it clear that there was a reason other than just needing a roster spot as to why they released Pettis...?

V3

Hall of Fame
Yeah, he was late for a meeting. It wasn't his first time disappointing the team, either. At some point, you have to say enough is enough or everyone will think they can get away with crap. He also wasn't anything special.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Yeah, he was late for a meeting. It wasn't his first time disappointing the team, either. At some point, you have to say enough is enough or everyone will think they can get away with crap. He also wasn't anything special.

Yeah... I would think that once you've had a league suspension (PED), the leash gets quite a bit shorter...Not to mention the fact that Fisher wasn't in the mood for any kind of f-up at that point...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah... I would think that once you've had a league suspension (PED), the leash gets quite a bit shorter...Not to mention the fact that Fisher wasn't in the mood for any kind of f-up at that point...

I wondered when they released him if they had gotten word of another failed test but evidently they got rid of him for being a knuckleheaded JAG.

DrLurkalot

UDFA
Name
Don
We might be reading too much into this, as far as behavior/punishment. They might simply view Williams as just as talented a receiver as Pettis and a better special teams player. They are both 3rd round picks who have had mediocre stats.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We might be reading too much into this, as far as behavior/punishment. They might simply view Williams as just as talented a receiver as Pettis and a better special teams player. They are both 3rd round picks who have had mediocre stats.
I don't think we are at all.

Seems to me that from a pure depth stand point you'd bring back the guy that knows your system unless there was some other reason.

I think it very simply comes down to that Pettis was limited and his issues, though minor, were enough to just cut bait.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Fisher asked him if he had change for a dollar and Pettis said no. That's all it takes sometimes.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They just decided to move on Williams also is tall at 6-1 and faster than Pettis as well, plus he's a former Titan add in that he went to USC like Fisher and you hit the trifecta!