Dalton Continues To Shit The Bed!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dodgerram

UDFA
Now 10 playoff ints to 1 td and a few fumbles.

If Bradford was a Bengal he'd be a god instead of the whipping boy he is in St Louis.

You mean like the little house god in the RFIP household ?:heh:
It is always amazing to see you come up with new standards for your poster boy.
Too bad he -in contrast to your favorit whipping boys Sanchez and Dalton- has achieved nothing so far in 4 years of play. At least Sanchez and Dalton have gotten their teams into postseason play.
I am already curious to see what excuses you will present next season when the Rams again will miss out on the playoffs finishing around .500 again with Bradford putting up average numbers.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

dodgerram

UDFA
He makes some dumb throws but he's a good QB. He's a what, 3rd year QB? Been to the playoffs 3 years in a row. But hey I'm just a Dalton mom.

No, you are an honest observer of games, facts and stats.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You mean like the little house god in the RFIP household ?:heh:
It is always amazing to see you come up with new standards for your poster boy.
Too bad he -in contrast to your favorit whipping boys Sanchez and Dalton- has achieved nothing so far in 4 years of play. At least Sanchez and Dalton have gotten their teams into postseason play.
I am already curious to see what excuses you will present next season when the Rams again will miss out on the playoffs finishing around .500 again with Bradford putting up average numbers.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Maybe you'd like to explain to the group why you gain so much satisfaction out of tearing down Bradford on a Rams forum? Wait, let me guess. You're one of those misunderstood individuals who has a keen objective eye and all the boards you bounce around on are simply ill-informed. Would that about cover it? And it's nice that you've already given the Rams no chance to succeed with Bradford at the helm next year before the season even starts. It's because you're a fan who has more invested in the uniform than the players, yeah?

You know there are about a half dozen people on this board who aren't sold on Bradford at all, and they make no bones about it. When they do voice their concerns, however, they're articulated in a way that invites intelligent discussion. You? You're just showing your ass. And nobody will be able to adequately convey how fucking irritating that is to a RAMS FAN community.

Oh wait. I just did, I think.

dodgerram

UDFA
Hmm, so now let me see: starting a thread where the QB of another team who led said team into the playoffs 3 times out of three years in the league is flabbergasted is not fucking irritating on a Rams board but criticising (not tearing down as you proclaim, but hey, to you and some others every negative thing said about Bradford is tearing him down and nothing else) our own QB for achieving nothing in comparision to said QB from another team is ?????
Yeah, that makes sense and is well thought out.

Now to my points WHY I am critical about Bradford.
I pointed them out before but maybe you decided to overlook them.
-bad pocket awareness
-injury prone
-holds on to the ball too long too often
-checks down immediately way too often
-is reluctant to go deep
-vision is questionable
-shows little leadership on the field

Now if you think those are intelligent points or not I could care less. I know however that those points come up regularly when fans or experts alike talk about Bradford and the quality of play.
And the number of fans and experts who think Bradford will never be what was expected is growing. So I dont know what you mean when you say that other boards I bounce around are ill informed and I am a misunderstood individual.
Maybe you should take a look outside this board because then you would see the growing number of voices critical of Bradford.

Lastly:
RFIP and I go back a long time and we have our share of heated discussions about Bradford before and though we agree on some points concerning the Rams we can find no common ground on this specific topic.
RFIP IMO is an intelligent and emotional Rams fan and I hold zero grudge against him when we clash about Bradford.
I think he is very capable of defending his arguments and himself without your help so I dont know why you seem to feel the urgency to get involved into discussions the way you do. Might be a personality thing with you.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PhxRam

Hmm, so now let me see: starting a thread where the QB of another team who led said team into the playoffs 3 times out of three years in the league is flabbergasted is not freaking irritating on a Rams board but criticising (not tearing down as you proclaim, but hey, to you and some others every negative thing said about Bradford is tearing him down and nothing else) our own QB for achieving nothing in comparision to said QB from another team is ?????

-bad pocket awareness
-injury prone
-is reluctant to go deep
-vision is questionable

Now if you think those are intelligent points or not I could care less. I know however that those points come up regularly when fans or experts alike talk about Bradford and the quality of play.
And the number of fans and experts who think Bradford will never be what was expected is growing. So I dont know what you mean when you say that other boards I bounce around are ill informed and I am a misunderstood individual.
Maybe you should take a look outside this board because then you would see the growing number of voices critical of Bradford.

Lastly:
RFIP and I go back a long time and we have our share of heated discussions about Bradford before and though we agree on some points concerning the Rams we can find no common ground on this specific topic.
RFIP IMO is an intelligent and emotional Rams fan and I hold zero grudge against him when we clash about Bradford.
I think he is very capable of defending his arguments and himself without your help so I dont know why you seem to feel the urgency to get involved into discussions the way you do. Might be a personality thing with you.

Go Rams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been an absolute pleasure for us to been able to host your stay.

It is a shame you couldn't stay longer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Those two points would contradict each other. How can you hold onto the ball too long if you're checking down immediately too often?

I'd also like to point out that Bradford was the 3rd quickest QB to sack. Meaning, on average, when he was sacked...it was in the 3rd least amount of time. Only Brady and Manning were sacked quicker. That doesn't sound like a QB holding onto the ball too long. Nor does Bradford being tied with Aaron Rodgers for 12th in the NFL among starting QBs this year in time to throw(time on average a QB takes to attempt a pass, get sacked or scramble). Drew Brees was right behind him at #14.

I think, if anything, Bradford can be too quick to get rid of the ball when he starts to get rattled. And would agree that he checks down too quickly in those situations. But I don't think he has an issue with holding the ball too long.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It has been an absolute pleasure for us to been able to host your stay.

It is a shame you couldn't stay longer.

Welp. Phoenix merked me again. :heh:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hmm, so now let me see: starting a thread where the QB of another team who led said team into the playoffs 3 times out of three years in the league is flabbergasted is not freaking irritating on a Rams board but criticising (not tearing down as you proclaim, but hey, to you and some others every negative thing said about Bradford is tearing him down and nothing else) our own QB for achieving nothing in comparision to said QB from another team is ?????
The fact that you can't discern the difference between healthy criticism and tearing Sam down speaks volumes. You're about as disingenuous as they come. Here's what you said to Blue and Gold. You tell me how this is NOT tearing him down. B&G implied that the Bengals would trade Dalton for Bradford, and your response was, "Why should they? Do they want to miss the playoffs? :lol:" Where's the analytic discourse?

Don't be a fucking smartass to me. I don't read EVERYBODY'S posts on this board. I will, however, address them all now.

-bad pocket awareness
His pocket awareness problem surfaced during 2011 after being repeatedly sacked in front of an injury plagued line. He didn't have that issue in his OROY rookie campaign, nor did he have it much in 2012. In 2013 it as almost non-existent. That "problem" plagues many QBs who lose faith in their O-line due to injuries in front of them. Greg Cosell went on to expand upon that very point in excruciating detail a number of times with Frank Cusumano.

-injury prone
That's a criticism? Injury prone players are those like Jason Smith or Saffold. Sam's injuries were fluke and he bounced back from all one of them (ankle) so far. He'll likely rehab from his knee and bounce back like any number of QBs who suffered a similar injury did.

Oh really? Bradford's "hit rate" this year was 13.7%. Ranks in the bottom third of the league in that regard (percentage wise, not number of snaps). Those who had a much higher percentage of being hit before getting rid of the ball are Luck, Wilson, Eli, Griffin, Flacco, Cutler, Ryan, etc. Bradford had 3 sacks with less than 2.5 seconds to throw. Compare that with Brady who was sacked 10 times.

Based on what criteria? Early in the year that was 100% play design. Or maybe you didn't watch the Rams through the first several weeks before they decided to completely revamp their offensive strategy and go to a more run-oriented offense instead of a wide-open spread attack that was predicated on short passes to supplement the lack of a running game with an injured Richardson and ineffective Pead.

-is reluctant to go deep
Says who? You? Again, play design this year. Last year he and Brady had the same exact percentage of deep balls, and Sam had a higher percentage of deep ball passes than Manning Brees and Rodgers. If all you look at is stats, and not the REASON behind them, then you're going to continue to come across as someone who is negligently cognizant of football in general.

-vision is questionable
That's just dumb. You have no idea what he sees and what he doesn't. Jrry and I have broken down game film of other QBs in the league who don't see what the fans see too. And there are a myriad of reasons for it too.

That's even more dumb. His teammates have no issue with his command of the team/huddle.

Now if you think those are intelligent points or not I could care less.
Ah. I see how it works. You make some assertions that cannot be questioned and everyone should just bow to your better knowledge.
Yeah, no.

I know however that those points come up regularly when fans or experts alike talk about Bradford and the quality of play.
And? What's that got to do with anything? None of the experts use hyperbole like you do. They have a discussion with their peers about what their respective perspectives are, and they have a back and forth about it. There is no consensus about Bradford's talents or lack thereof among the media. Fans can say whatever they want, but the smart ones know when they're stepping into uncharted territory as it relates to QB analysis, and know when to lock it up. You don't. You simply make assertions and snide remarks about the QB of the St Louis Rams, and expect nobody to challenge you on it. And when they do, you revert to some elementary school "Fine! I'm taking my ball and going home!" bullshit stance.

And I have my reservations as well. So what? I'm not trying to drill an amateur analysis down everyone's throat in an attempt to make them turn on the QB of the team they root for. I (and others) know how to voice our reservations about his ceiling without being a dick about it. And it takes more than an assertion disguised as truth to convince people of what you're trying to convince them. Do you have any video or photographic evidence that illustrates what you're talking about? Or should we all turn in our brains and just accept what you're saying?

I've seen it since day one. What? You're a pioneer or something? It's not an anomaly that fans are critical of the QB among the masses of NFL team fan bases. What you're failing to grasp is that it's the DELIVERY of those criticisms that spawns the most heated discourse.

Lastly:
I'm not going to bat for RFIP. Not sure where you're getting that. He's capable enough of forming and backing his own arguments. And I feel no "urgency" to get involved into [sic] discussions. I'm merely stating my opinion and debunking yours in the process. If that's a "personality thing" with me, then so be it. I've had zero people take exception with the way I articulate my thoughts. If you have a problem with me, then that's your cross to bear.

Last edited by a moderator:

ontilllit

UDFA
Name
ontilllit
Dalton leans on his strong supporting cast. He can not carry a team. His team has carried him.

PhxRam

Dalton leans on his strong supporting cast. He can not carry a team. His team has carried him.

I think people expect a lot out of a guy who has not been in the league but a few years.

He would not be so heavily criticized if he didnt enjoy such early success.

Look at Nick Foles. He was the media darling all year long. One playoff loss and now the "experts" are dissecting the guy.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Oh look a Dalton post in a Dalton thread

Gotta admit he had a terrible stretch in that playoff game and therefore became the easiest target "out there" for the someone must PAY part of the WWOS ,but he's played pretty well for a HC who IMO gets WAY more benefit of the doubt than he does, JMO, not sayin' Marvin the Marvelous isn't a "good" coach , but IMO as long as he's inoculated repeatedly from culpability I think Cinn. remains an also ran