Daily Bradford Thread 15/8/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...bradford-wont-play-in-eagles-preseason-opener

Sam Bradford won't play in Eagles' preseason opener

• By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL writer
  • Published: Aug. 14, 2015 at 02:17 p.m.
  • Updated: Aug. 14, 2015 at 07:40 p.m.

Sam Bradford is the Philadelphia Eagles' presumptive starting quarterback, but he won't see the field Sunday in the team's first preseason game.

Coach Chip Kelly said Friday that Bradford won't play against the Indianapolis Colts on NFL Network Sunday afternoon at 1 pm ET. Mark Sanchez will get the start, with Matt Barkley and Tim Tebow both getting a lot of action.

"He's not real happy with my decision," Kelly said of Bradford. "Just felt he's been out here for two weeks, done a real nice job. He'll get his first work against the Ravens when we get a chance to train with them for a couple days before we play and he'll play in the Ravens game (Aug. 22). So Mark will start the game."

Kelly added that both Barkley and Tebow -- who are battling for a roster spot -- will see most of the action. For end-of-the-roster players like Barkley and Tebow, this first week of the preseason is essentially their Super Bowl. Reporters around the Eagles believe Tebow has the early edge; Barkley had been previously available in a trade.

Bradford has been praised for his recovery from a second anterior cruciate ligament tear. His accuracy and arm have been stellar during camp. Still, Kelly felt like waiting one more game would be best for Bradford long-term. NFL Network will also air Bradford's first appearance for the Eagles against Baltimore on August 22.

"It's just he's been out here just for two weeks," he said. "I think the other guy's got a little bit of base and I just feel more comfortable putting him in the Ravens game."

Bradford was disappointed with the decision, but noted that he hasn't missed any time during training camp.

"I haven't sat out a practice, I haven't missed a rep -- this has nothing to do with the knee," he said, via NJ.com. "I think this has been his plan from the beginning."

Kelly cited the season-ending injury Washington Redskins tight end Niles Paul suffered Thursday night as part of his reasoning.

"I think he can go. I know he's disappointed but it's just my call," Kelly said. "I think there's a fine line. Part of it, you look at what happened to Niles Paul last night for the Redskins, who's a tremendous football player who's done for the year right now. There's a fine line in preseason games where you are.

"His first 11-on-11 was two weeks ago and now going out against a team, it's just my decision."

Kelly added that the decision came down to whether Bradford needed the live game reps after missing all of last season and felt like next week's joint practices with the Baltimore Ravens could make up for one missed preseason game.

"That's the decision I had to make," he said. "I think with the training sessions with the Ravens next week I think will help because we'll get two real good days with them in pads with John's team and then we have the game against the Ravens and then you got the Packers. I felt like we had some more opportunities for him."

Make no mistake, barring another injury, the starting job is still Bradford's. He'll just be watching the other Eagles quarterbacks from the sideline Sunday.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I will be cringing everytime he drops back. Thank god it's not for the Rams anymore.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I still think he'll do great, can't wait to watch him on Monday night for the opener (pretty sure Eagles are playing)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought my level of interest in his career would sustain, but I'm finding myself not caring as much anymore.
I am curious to see how he fits in that offense though. For a few games, anyway.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I even considered going to the Falcons/Eagles game since I'll be driving back through on the way home from our opening day victory. It might be interesting. I've never been to a MNF game.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I still find myself listening to Eagles Sports Radio..They get so over the top about everything Iggles..lol..WHether Bradford does good or bad, it's always entertaining....Right now Bradford is the savior and Chip is still a genius because he traded for him...

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
sleeping.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
I thought my level of interest in his career would sustain, but I'm finding myself not caring as much anymore.
I am curious to see how he fits in that offense though. For a few games, anyway.

I'm more interested in watching Tebow. :sneaky:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fans start petition for Pope to rub Bradford's knees
Sam Bradford is off to a promising start with the Philadelphia Eagles. The veteran quarterback, coming off back-to-back anterior cruciate ligament tears, has taken every rep at training camp and appears in great position to be under center come Week 1.

But excuse Eagles fans for lingering trepidation. This is not a fan base accustomed to things going to plan, and the thought of Bradford going down yet again is simply too much to bear. With Pope Francis scheduled to visit Philadelphia next month, a group of Eagles supporters are seeking divine intervention.

From a petition on Change.org titled, "Have Pope Francis RubSam Bradford's Knees":
"The Pope is coming to Philly! Our city! With this Eagles season coming up, a lot of our Super Bowl hopes rely on Sam Bradford's knees staying healthy. So, with one of the most religious representatives in the world visiting our wonderful place we call home, how about we get him to bless Bradford's knees during his visit to Philly! This town deserves a Super Bowl, and a healthy Bradford is the only way we will have a parade down Broad Street! Please sign this petition and Go Eagles and Welcome to Philly, Pope Francis!!!!"

"I haven't seen that," Bradford said after Tuesday's practice. "I was told about it. If I got to meet the pope, I think that would be pretty cool. If he wanted to bless my knees, I'd be all for it, I guess."

The petition had been signed by nearly 1,800 supporters as of Tuesday morning. We're not sure how many signatures are necessary to attract the attention of the pontiff, but we assume it is more; a lot more.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tart-petition-for-pope-to-rub-bradfords-knees
-----------------------------------------------------------

What they're really gonna need....:whistle:
tumblr_ml9mzhYeAv1so84eqo1_250.gif

Last edited:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Kelly's a genius for doing this for to two reasons. First, he guarantees that Bradford will last past the first preseason game, and second, he is getting his eventual starter more work before he has to take over for Bradford.

Smart!