Dahl gone

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was gonna post the same thing but he edited it before me or you finished adding it up and posting lol

I knew the three years I spent studying maths at university would come in handy one day :party:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Verner doesn't have to make $10M in 2014 if we sign him. He could make $4M or $5M, and then his salary could jump in 2015 with JL & Chris Long's contracts dropping a combined $9M from 2014

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Verner doesn't have to make $10M in 2014 if we sign him. He could make $4M or $5M, and then his salary could jump in 2015 with JL & Chris Long's contracts dropping a combined $9M from 2014

Is that you Demoff????? I knew you had a secret account here!!!!

jjab360

Legend
Rams wouldn't be making these cuts if they didn't have replacements in mind, imo.

laramsoriginal

Starter
wow Your smart going to have to have you balance my check book one of these days since a 4 yr Petroluem Eng. degree doesn't teach much math :(

*you're

Apparently they dont teach grammar.

J/k.

All kidding aside, snisher will surely buck the trend and draft OL early in the draft, right?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the strong 2013 performance of the 6-4 260 pound Cory Harkey in the run blocking and surprising ability to catch & run??? The need of McNeil evaporated.

I have also heard that the Rams like this H-back/fulback/TE Justice Cunningham a bunch & he is already under contract 6-3 258 pound 23 yr old.

Love Harkey, Think he's very underrated

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Happy trails Harvey Dahl, he was a great guy, hard worker, and fiery competitor. I hope we don't miss that mean streak he brought to the oline

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The rookies will replace players on the roster. Don't you have to minus out the players the rookies replace?

Very good point.

Finnegan=-1
Dahl=-1

So you need to minus 6 players, the lowest paid 6 players are on a combined $2.5m so the rookie class should cost at most $6.3m

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The rookies will replace players on the roster. Don't you have to minus out the players the rookies replace?

Yes. you can subtract the salary of players that are replaced but some of that is included already right? (Dahl, Saffold, Finn, McNeil) Currently, we have 9 draft picks so possibly 5 more players could be replaced (not counting who may be picked up via FA) but not all roster spots count against the cap. A few at the bottom don't count but they are usually at league minimum.
I want to say only the top 46 of the 53 roster spots count against the cap. Somebody correct me on this please.

Alan

Legend
Ramsey with a good point:
That's not entirely true. Or I probably should say more nuanced.
Below is the minimum salary based on experience:
1) Rookie - $420,000
2) 1 year - $495,000
3) 2 year - $570,000

Below is the salary for each of the lower 4 picks:
http://overthecap.com/nfl-rookie-salary-cap-2014.php
106 $536,065
141 $468,000
172 $446,918
203 $435,150
As you can see, many of our lower draft picks will still increase our CAP hit (although not by much). It depends of course on who they replace. If they replace an experienced vet then they will actually decrease the CAP hit. All of this is dependent on other factors too of course.

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I always liked Dahl's nastiness. He's the kind of Big Ugly you want playing on your team.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Demoff referred to this when speaking about our cap situation last year (sorry, no link). In essence the rookies are taking the place of players on the roster who already count against the cap which counter-balances at least part of the expense of signing them.