D coordinator wish for next year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

D Coordinator wish for next year?

• Jim Schwartz

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Rex Ryan

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Same combo, McGiness/ Blake Williams

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Gregg Williams if eligible

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Besides the fact that 3 of the choices aren't sure things, Williams won't be able to stay out of trouble. Goodell and the NFL will see to that. Ryan is most likely going to go where they play 3-4.

That leaves Schwartz, which isn't a bad choice but still not ideal. Williams was part of the process that selected all the assistant coaches. If it's not Williams there could be conflicts.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I don't know enough about them to make an educated decision on this. I'll support Fish's decision once he makes it.

I have a theory on Defensive players though,,, and my theory might just apply to the DC.
I'm just gonna admit ahead of time that this theory of mine is somewhat demented. :ww:

When picking offensive players,,, I like to look at the wonderlic and even the home life of the guy. A smart guy from a wholesome family environment makes for a player who is probably cool under pressure and one who can make good decisions.

When picking defensive players,,, I could give a shit about the wonderlic score. I do pay attention to the home life though,,, a player from a broken home probably makes for a much nastier mindset.... I want my defensive players to be on the edge - one wing up, one down,, flying like a bat out of hell on fire ready to kill. Reckless abandon.

Using this tremendous logic,,, GW may just be the right man for the job.

Call me a caveman, see if I care :sly:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If it's not Gregg Williams, it will be his son.

I think Fisher wants to start 2013 with effective carry-over from 2012. Switching too much works against the progress made.

We need stability in our schemes for a change.

Williams or Williams JR; I think it's a slam dunk, actually.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
I don't know enough about them to make an educated decision on this. I'll support Fish's decision once he makes it.

I have a theory on Defensive players though,,, and my theory might just apply to the DC.
I'm just gonna admit ahead of time that this theory of mine is somewhat demented. :ww:

When picking offensive players,,, I like to look at the wonderlic and even the home life of the guy. A smart guy from a wholesome family environment makes for a player who is probably cool under pressure and one who can make good decisions.

When picking defensive players,,, I could give a shit about the wonderlic score. I do pay attention to the home life though,,, a player from a broken home probably makes for a much nastier mindset.... I want my defensive players to be on the edge - one wing up, one down,, flying like a bat out of hell on fire ready to kill. Reckless abandon.

Using this tremendous logic,,, GW may just be the right man for the job.

Call me a caveman, see if I care :sly:
Yeah, that's where I am too. Almost identically.

I want my defensive players to be bipolar and violent. I think JL needs to flip his lid one time and punch someone in the throat. Just get it out and get it over with. Away from the refs, of course. I don't know if it's Finnegan, or Dunbar, or the assistants, but this defense started out with a nasty swagger. That seems to have tapered off a little bit and I'm not sure what that's about. I'd like to see a little more of that this weekend, and then full blown homicidal tendencies in Seattle.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Greg Williams here

Jim Schwartz will be fired by the Lions? Off memory I thought he signed a hefty extension last season. I could definitely be off base.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
X said:
I'd like to see a little more of that this weekend, and then full blown homicidal tendencies in Seattle.

Yeah, after a win this week in Tampa I'd like to see a pregame fight in Seattle followed by a physical beat down of the 'hags.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
CGI_Ram said:
If it's not Gregg Williams, it will be his son.

I think Fisher wants to start 2013 with effective carry-over from 2012. Switching too much works against the progress made.

We need stability in our schemes for a change.

Williams or Williams JR; I think it's a slam dunk, actually.

This.

Just use a Williams.