Cutler

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, but are they BASTING him.

Otherwise, he'll be dry... I mean... just look at him... that's a lot of white meat right there...

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
yea just saw that.. didn't watch the game but I can imagine what it looked like lol guy seems like such a tool

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ray Lewis was on fire about it, but it's one of the few rants I ever heard where Ray made SOME sense,just can't believe how brutally honest they were, sucked up to Dilfer too.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I have never seen a player spin it better than Cutler. I get all of the trepidation about him, but that is the most talented pure QB of our generation IMO. You hear Jeff George all the time when when Cutler is brought up, and I'm not sure that is fair. Cutler has more balls than brains, but George was an idiot. Cutler at 32 he might be what he is, but what if he is not?

If the Bears have to pick up the freight on his contract, sign me up. If you think Cook and "Shotty" have problems, wait until he meets Cutler!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
A lot of what they said is true. He's got all of these tools that coaches covet in a QB, and they all try to mold him into what they need, but he only ends up flashing enough to keep coaches on the hook. It's like playing a scratch-off game. You keep getting those 2 high prizes, and the third one you scratch off just busts the whole card and makes you go, "awww, mannnnnn." So you try again and again and again.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
If the Rams were to somehow land Cutler, you would never, ever hear anything about lack of arm strength on these boards again!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cutler is what he is. An average QB with the tools to be so much more. But he just seems content with that.

I actually agreed with Ray on the little I heard.

ram007

Starter
Cutler is beyond repair. I have nothing but pity for him. (I know he is a millionarie doesn't need my pity)

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Seven sacks and FWIW I'd say at least half of them were his fault, but ya know I had at one time considered Forte as in the conversation of the best backs in the league and that o-line isn't getting him free either .

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I have never seen a player spin it better than Cutler. I get all of the trepidation about him, but that is the most talented pure QB of our generation IMO. You hear Jeff George all the time when when Cutler is brought up, and I'm not sure that is fair. Cutler has more balls than brains, but George was an idiot. Cutler at 32 he might be what he is, but what if he is not?

If the Bears have to pick up the freight on his contract, sign me up. If you think Cook and "Shotty" have problems, wait until he meets Cutler!
The guys never done anything. He's a big armed terrible QB. End of debate.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think Jeff George is a very apt comparison. He and Cutler possess rare physical tools and ability but neither of them can seem to get their acts together. Both are coach-killers and both seem to alienate their teammates and fans.

I'm sure Cutler will get more chances to start in this league because the next coach down the line just "might" be the perfect marriage. I don't think it's a bold statement to say that Cutler is obviously the problem though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Jeff George is a very apt comparison. He and Cutler possess rare physical tools and ability but neither of them can seem to get their acts together. Both are coach-killers and both seem to alienate their teammates and fans.

I'm sure Cutler will get more chances to start in this league because the next coach down the line just "might" be the perfect marriage. I don't think it's a bold statement to say that Cutler is obviously the problem though.
I've spent years trying to shoot holes in this theory and am done trying. Its just too darned accurate

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can't figure out how a QB can miss seeing so many wide open receivers!! He Looks like he's mailing it in. Not interested in playing! either that or he's throwing the game!

moklerman

Warner-phile
I've spent years trying to shoot holes in this theory and am done trying. Its just too darned accurate
I've basically been on Cutler's side too. But it's hard to ignore how his career has gone and what's happened along the way. When he was diagnosed with diabetes I actually thought that was going to help improve his career(improve his attitude). Chemical imbalances can affect one's personality and I thought getting his blood-sugar in check would straighten him out. Okay, "hoped" for his sake, not "thought" as in predicted it to happen.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I can't figure out how a QB can miss seeing so many wide open receivers!! He Looks like he's mailing it in. Not interested in playing! either that or he's throwing the game!
That reminds me of the old conversation about the best players being the worst coaches. Barry Sanders was one of the best of all-time because his natural ability was so perfect for the game. But because he did things so naturally, there really isn't any way for him to convey or teach what he was able to do.

Whereas, a guy like Ricky Proehl who had enough talent to make it to the NFL but not so much that he was a superstar, is able to coach and teach guys things that he had to learn.

I don't know if I have a point, other than Cutler may not put in the same type of effort off the field that others might put in because of his natural gifts. When they find a gauge for heart, dedication, motivation & desire, the draft will be easy!

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hope his incompetence will impact the QB market in terms of hitting free agency, leaning towards incentive based contracts rather than paying a shitload of money that fucks up capspace and guaranteed money.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
The best thing about Cutler was the smack talking he and Rivers engaged in when JC was with the Broncos ,that was entertaining,they'd yell across the field at each other ,I think Jay needs that to motivate him

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The best thing about Cutler was the smack talking he and Rivers engaged in when JC was with the Broncos ,that was entertaining,they'd yell across the field at each other ,I think Jay needs that to motivate him
He does. And he needs to have his esteem boosted as well, probably. Some people simply *need* extra motivation to perform, and others are self-motivating. You could (IMO) clearly tell last night that Cutler feels like garbage right now. His confidence is shot, he feels unappreciated, and he has no personal motivation to perform. I'd really like to see what a guy like Fisher could do for his confidence, and how well he'd feed off of the other guys in the locker room. It could be world-changing for him (and us).

But again, not gonna happen.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd really like to see what a guy like Fisher could do for his confidence, and how well he'd feed off of the other guys in the locker room. It could be world-changing for him (and us).

651.gif