Cutler Scenario Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
BTW, for all the talk of the Bears dealing Cutler, the guy that could very well be shown the door is Trestman. Not Cutler.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BTW, for all the talk of the Bears dealing Cutler, the guy that could very well be shown the door is Trestman. Not Cutler.

They're both being shown the door imo.

moklerman

Warner-phile
I don't think Trestman is the issue. His offense made Clausen look downright serviceable today and that was without Long and Marshall in the lineup. Not to mention how good Ivan Drago looked last year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Trestman is the issue. His offense made Clausen look downright serviceable today and that was without Long and Marshall in the lineup. Not to mention how good Ivan Drago looked last year.

Trestman is the issue. The problem isn't his acumen when it comes to offense...the problem is his lack of leadership skills in a NFL locker-room and the poor coaching hires he's made.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I like the draft @jrry32. I also agree that Cutler would be the ideal bridge Qb for the Rams over the next two seasons. I would take Fitzpatrick for that matter too but prefer Cutler.

@moklerman I think that your overestimating the Cutler market. Now I could see a Daniel Snyder wanting him but both Washington and the Jets may be going through a coaching change and if that is the case both owners must see the failure is on the coach and thing maybe his players are not the issue. Buffalo should have interest as should Tennessee but I do believe that if there are unknowns and questions that give either team reservations then Shanahan gives the Rams the edge in that he could alleviate those reservations......or maybe he turns Fisher off.

@Memphis Ram this cap stuff is not really worth speculating about. A few years ago it seemed highly unlikely that the Rams would be in on top free agents like Courtland Finnegan, Jared Cook or Jake Long but they were. There is always a way to move money around and Demoff seems to be pretty good at managing the cap. If the Rams want Cutler and can acquire him then I am sure Demoff figures out how to do it, while still planning on how to keep key free agents in 2016.

One thing that I recall is Snead talking about needing a QB that will be on the field. A few years ago Fisher/Snead were using the same hints about Danny Amendola and were only willing to give him a limited amount of money which I am sure they knew would be eclipsed by another team. I am sure they are feeling the same way about Sam and I really don't know how any GM and Coach could possibly be relying on Bradford after all of his injury history being concluded by a second ACL tear. His future seems quite bleak to me. There are few options at QB right now. A rookie isn't likely to get it done. Maybe the Rams can land a Kyle Orton, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Mat Moore but Cutler would be the top of that mix and should be the Rams main target at the position. Maybe they lose out to Buffalo or Tennessee but they should give it their best try to get him and keep him for the next 2 years, then fix the Oline and have their best chance in a long time to get to the playoffs.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
Curious, and I totally missed it in your profile of Clemmings, but is there much precedent for a college right tackle being drafted so high?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Curious, and I totally missed it in your profile of Clemmings, but is there much precedent for a college right tackle being drafted so high?

Tyron Smith