Cutler / Bears Agree To New Deal Through 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
More great news for the Rams.

Yup. One less starting QB on the open market.

Houston has got to go QB at #1. It's Bridgewater at the moment.

Rams are gonna have suitors for Clowney, and some QBs.

V3

Hall of Fame
Good for us but boy Chicago is going to regret that contract if there's a bunch guaranteed. He is not a franchise QB, IMO.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I think Jay is a good QB. Up to 2020 tho...sure banking on him.

Need to fix that defense.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
So that means they're planning on a Superbowl trip in 2021?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Yup, good QBs don't hit the open market very often. I think Jay is good, but not great.

There are going to be like 5 or 6 teams that want a QB in the draft, and how many are really going to be good enough to pick early in the 1st round?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
It seems to me our best bet is for Bortles to declare and rip up the combine as well as his pro day.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yup. One less starting QB on the open market.

Houston has got to go QB at #1. It's Bridgewater at the moment.

Rams are gonna have suitors for Clowney, and some QBs.

They could just as easily decide to stick with Schaub for another year especially if they get a great offer for the #1 overall.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
They could just as easily decide to stick with Schaub for another year especially if they get a great offer for the #1 overall.

I heard that Schaub is getting cut. They aren't sticking with him. New HC new QB. You can bet on that.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
It seems to me our best bet is for Bortles to declare and rip up the combine as well as his pro day.

I disagree. If this indeed were to happen, it would just lessen the value of the "trade down", by adding another legitimate QB to the mix. Assuming that Bridgewater and Manziel are already in that discussion, why would you want to add a 3rd QB, along with Clowney, allowing teams to hold out for one of the 3?

Best case scenario, Bortles flops, or Manziel causes another off-field story further raising questions to his character, leaving teams wanting/needing a QB to bid against one another for the remaining target.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I just want to know the numbers on the Cutler deal, as that could effect us in the future. Be interesting to see what they are paying for a guy who is injured a lot and has a propensity for throwing some bad picks...

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I disagree. If this indeed were to happen, it would just lessen the value of the "trade down", by adding another legitimate QB to the mix. Assuming that Bridgewater and Manziel are already in that discussion, why would you want to add a 3rd QB, along with Clowney, allowing teams to hold out for one of the 3?

Best case scenario, Bortles flops, or Manziel causes another off-field story further raising questions to his character, leaving teams wanting/needing a QB to bid against one another for the remaining target.

Coach, point taken. I was looking from a completely different perspective, that if Bortles blew up the combine/pro day he would create greater demand. Your assessment certainly has merit however.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Coach, point taken. I was looking from a completely different perspective, that if Bortles blew up the combine/pro day he would create greater demand. Your assessment certainly has merit however.

My point being, the reason we got the huge haul from Washington in the RGIII trade, was because there were ONLY 2 quality QBs people saw as viable. If you water down the pool by adding more prospects, the urgency diminishes, as they can "get the next guy" if they miss out of one of the first two.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
My point being, the reason we got the huge haul from Washington in the RGIII trade, was because there were ONLY 2 quality QBs people saw as viable. If you water down the pool by adding more prospects, the urgency diminishes, as they can "get the next guy" if they miss out of one of the first two.

Agreed. Not the first time I've had a boneheaded thought.