Current draft order

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
lasvegasrams chimed in:
sure, snead may have not struck gold on some picks....but the fact that we are light years ahead of where this franchise was a couple years ago is something to note (that and the fact that our top 5 pick is due to genious dealing by snead)

That's one way to look at it. There's certainly no denying that we're much better than we used to be but considering all the high round picks we've had the last two years it would be very hard to not be much better.

As for Snead being a genius, his make your best offer might have been the correct way to maximize that pick but I would have had them bidding against each other. It's hard for me to see how that wouldn't have turned out as well or better. It sounded to me like the Browns weren't too happy about being outbidded. I think, if given the chance, they would have upped their offer. We'll never know.

Alan

Legend
That's one way to look at it. There's certainly no denying that we're much better than we used to be but considering all the high round picks we've had the last two years it would be very hard to not be much better.

As for Snead being a genius, his make your best offer might have been the correct way to maximize that pick but I would have had them bidding against each other. It's hard for me to see how that wouldn't have turned out as well or better. It sounded to me like the Browns weren't too happy about being outbidded. I think, if given the chance, they would have upped their offer. We'll never know.

I cry for what might have been had we hit on more of our picks. Draft a studly S instead of Pead for example.

Obviously that didn't work out right. I meant to edit the other post.:oops:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I am now rooting for 4 teams.

The obvious, St.Louis Rams and whoever is playing the Redskins.

The other 2...Jacksonville Jaguars and Houston Texans.

A55VA6

Legend
I am now rooting for 4 teams.

The obvious, St.Louis Rams and whoever is playing the Redskins.

The other 2...Jacksonville Jaguars and Houston Texans.
Yes sir! That's how I look at it right now.. even though it's hard for me to cheer for the Texans (I hate them).

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just listening to Sirius NFL, and they were talking about what the Rams are gonna do in the 2014 draft. They said they don't think Fisher is gonna draft a WR in the first round after drafting 4 of them the last 2 years. They think Quick has WR1 talent, but being from App St. is making it slow and the Rams expected that. They think the Rams are set a RB and won't draft one high either if at all. They said the interior OL guys are getting old, mentioned Dahl specifically, and that needs to be addressed.

They said Fisher has clearly improved the talent on the team, but it all hinges on the QB position. They aren't sure about Sam being the answer, but they believe he will be the guy one more year. They expect the Rams to draft a QB though not in the first round. They said we have to assume we won't have Sam for 16 games and they need a backup plan.

The more I think about it, they are probably right about not drafting a WR high. I think they are committed to developing their draft picks. I think they will go DB early and often.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Just listening to Sirius NFL, and they were talking about what the Rams are gonna do in the 2014 draft. They said they don't think Fisher is gonna draft a WR in the first round after drafting 4 of them the last 2 years. They think Quick has WR1 talent, but being from App St. is making it slow and the Rams expected that. They think the Rams are set a RB and won't draft one high either if at all. They said the interior OL guys are getting old, mentioned Dahl specifically, and that needs to be addressed.

They said Fisher has clearly improved the talent on the team, but it all hinges on the QB position. They aren't sure about Sam being the answer, but they believe he will be the guy one more year. They expect the Rams to draft a QB though not in the first round. They said we have to assume we won't have Sam for 16 games and they need a backup plan.

The more I think about it, they are probably right about not drafting a WR high. I think they are committed to developing their draft picks. I think they will go DB early and often.

Probably the most logical conversation I've heard from a national view yet.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Probably the most logical conversation I've heard from a national view yet.

These were the guys that talk to Fisher every Friday at 3:00, so they know him pretty well.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Where's the link max ? Like to keep up with this

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Where's the link max ? Like to keep up with this

no link. It was just a Rams fan calling in and bitching about the Rams. And the Sirius guys responding to him.

Alan

Legend
max added:

It's early but this is how I see it too. With the exception that a monster OG (if there is one) and/or a OT (depending on Saffold's status) should be in the mix in the 1st round too. My early priorities are CB, OG/OT, S.

V3

Hall of Fame

But there isn't a DB worthy of taking in the top 5. I wish there was but from what I'm reading, there isn't one even close to top 5. I'd be willing to be all of my ROD bucks that our second first rounder will be a DB, though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's hard to argue against our Rams picking a CB, OG, and OT sometime relatively early in next year's draft.

fearsomefour

Legend

All makes sense to me. Not a super highly hyped CB in this draft….at least not yet. I could see DT and Oline in the first round with 2 backs and another oline man being drafted in the second round and on. It is the old need vs. value pick. Lots of options with 2 first rounders. I dont think the Rams draft a WR at all in this draft. Or a RB unless they use a late round pick. Dline, Oline, CB, LB, QB I see picks going there. With probably multiple picks at a couple of positions.

lasvegasrams

Rookie

well devaney sure made it hard to get any better during his tenure (he had a lot of high draft picks too)

Alan

Legend
lasvegasrams forgetting the different era:
well devaney sure made it hard to get any better during his tenure (he had a lot of high draft picks too)
BD was in charge of the draft during the time when trades were rare due to the high salaries. The new regime has had the benefit of easy trade downs and the RGIII haul. Big difference IMO.

A big difference between the two was BD's failure to recognize good talent lower in the draft and in attracting decent UDFAs.

fearsomefour forgetting our needs at Safety:
You don't like drafting a stud Safety early in the draft? If there's one there of course.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
BD was in charge of the draft during the time when trades were rare due to the high salaries. The new regime has had the benefit of easy trade downs and the RGIII haul. Big difference IMO.

A big difference between the two was BD's failure to recognize good talent lower in the draft and in attracting decent UDFAs.

fearsomefour forgetting our needs at Safety:
You don't like drafting a stud Safety early in the draft? If there's one there of course.

In fairness to Devaney, you're right, his hands were tied in several areas, including turmoil in ownership. And he really did fine in the first 2 rounds. Plus his 2nd rounders, Laurinitas, Saffold, and Kendricks were better picks than Sneads 2nd rounders.

I think Devaney was decent, and he had to carry Spags who we know now was in way over his head.

…..

Legend
We could end up with 2 top 10 picks. Rams could be one hell of a team in the coming years if they draft right!
I've been saying that for several years already. The "coming years" are upon us NOW.

…..

Legend
We could end up with 2 top 10 picks. Rams could be one hell of a team in the coming years if they draft right!
I've been saying that for several years already. The "coming years" are upon us NOW.

…..

Legend