Current draft order

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
People keep saying this about Clowney. They said the same thing about Alshon Jeffrey too. Look how that turned out. Clowney would be a steal around 4th or 5th (where I predict we'll be picking).

I agree with you. Clowney saw what happened to his teammate, Marcus Lattimore, who was expected to be a first round pick then tore up his knee and lost a ton of money. Clowney took out a huge insurance policy. And this year he is being very careful not to go from a first rounder to a 3rd rounder. I don't think this is lost on teams.

Alan

Legend
max with an optimistic look at our drafts:
Well, we are talking about first rounders here. So who did they pick in the first round so far? I think Brockers, Tavon, are Ogletree are gonna be stars. All 3 of them have shown flashes of greatness. We just have to be a bit more patient and let them grow up.

So now we may be adding 2 more first rounder that are in the top 10. I like Snead's chances of adding 2 impact players.
Who knows if we're just talking about first rounders? Either or both picks could be traded. I prefer to look at the whole draft but especially the first three rounds. Who couldn't pick a few good players with the plethora of early round picks?

1st round - Brockers - great pick especially considering the medical red flags.
2nd round - Quick - considering he was the first pick in the second round he's been a disaster so far.
2nd round - Jenkins - totally unimpressed so far but at least he's not having off the field problems.
2nd round - Pead - nuff said
3rd round - Trumaine Johnson - decent pick (hopefully he'll get better with time) as would be expected from the first pick in the 3rd round

1st round - Austin - will probably be a very good player but I see no evidence that he was worth the second round starter he cost us.
1st round - Ogletree - as expected with a first round pick he's a good player
2nd round - NONE
3rd round -
T.J. Mcdonald - very early but he's shown the deficiencies in coverage that I both feared and expected.
3rd round - Bailey- It's early but I'm totally unimpressed so far.

I give them a lot of credit for their lower round picks and their ability to attract some quality UDFAs but these picks don't give me any confidence that we'll take full advantage of the rest of our treasure trove. To posit that we picked some good players is to ignore the lost opportunities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan

Legend
iBruce drooling about a possible opportunity to pick Clowney:
People keep saying this about Clowney. They said the same thing about Alshon Jeffrey too. Look how that turned out. Clowney would be a steal around 4th or 5th (where I predict we'll be picking).

He would probably be a great value at that position but I doubt he lasts that long and you want to use a 5th round pick on a part time player? If he was a DT I'd be singing a different tune.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Who knows if we're just talking about first rounders? Either or both picks could be traded. I prefer to look at the whole draft but especially the first three rounds. Who couldn't pick a few good players with the plethora of early round picks?

2nd round - Quick - considering he was the first pick in the second round he's been a disaster so far.
2nd round - Jenkins - totally unimpressed so far but at least he's not having off the field problems.
3rd round - Trumaine Johnson - decent pick (hopefully he'll get better with time) as would be expected from the first pick in the 3rd round

1st round - Austin - will probably be a very good player but I see no evidence that he was worth the second round starter he cost us.
2nd round - NONE
3rd round -
T.J. Mcdonald - very early but he's shown the deficiencies in coverage that I both feared and expected.

I give them a lot of credit for their lower round picks and their ability to attract some quality UDFAs but these picks don't give me any confidence that we'll take full advantage of the rest of our treasure trove. To posit that we picked some good players is to ignore the lost opportunities.
Look at that post formatting!

It's ...

It's ....

Awe-inspiring.

MyJourney_InAwe2.jpg

Glad to see you're getting the hang of it, Alan!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
He would probably be a great value at that position but I doubt he lasts that long and you want to use a 5th round pick on a part time player? If he was a DT I'd be singing a different tune.
Nice to see you back on here, Albe!

Alan

Legend
rhinobean with a generous welcome:
Nice to see you back on here, Albe!

Nice to be back!

Still haven't figured out much of the site (like the alerts) but it's a work in progress.

X rightfully impressed:
Look at that post formatting!

It's ...

It's ....

Awe-inspiring.

Yes it is.:woot:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ah ,good to be seein' the falling pillars avatar, and of course the "patience ":slap:.

GAWD love ya Al.

So , we're in the hunt for a national championship for MU, slim I know but that's good, our performance though not victorious yesterday was encouraging if you widhed to see the good in it, I NOTICE in you carping about the drafting though you neglect to capitulate that maybe the move to get Stacy was worth that MOVE? As I recall that'n was one you weren't thrilled with either, or is my Alzheimers kickin in?

Alan

Legend
Thordaddy jumping in with both feet:
So , we're in the hunt for a national championship for MU, slim I know but that's good, our performance though not victorious yesterday was encouraging if you widhed to see the good in it, I NOTICE in you carping about the drafting though you neglect to capitulate that maybe the move to get Stacy was worth that MOVE? As I recall that'n was one you weren't thrilled with either, or is my Alzheimers kickin in?
I'm excited about the Tigers but we still have to get by the Tigers (Auburn) to have a chance. Even then, with OSU and FSU undefeated it will take a miracle to win the BCS considering how flawed the system is. Good thing we'll soon have a play off system. That should be fun.

As for the Alzheimers kicking in, I've already answered that question 3 times.:wink:

I didn't like the Stacy pick because of his injury history and not because of his abilities. Hasn't he already been injured and missed time (even if it's only practice) this year? I don't want to curse him but will see how that plays out in the future. Still, as I said in an earlier post, I give them full credit for their later picks but you can't afford to waste the amount of high round picks we've had (and wasted). When will we have this opportunity again?

V3

Hall of Fame
I thought Fisher said this team wouldn't be picking 2nd again...:wink:

But seriously,the draft day table will be set up nicely for Snead again. We've got to draft smart. 2014 is going to be our year, i said it early in the season.
Rams needed to season and simmer all this young talent this season and then serve it up COLD in 2014. :cool:
th

Trading down is very likely (i think we can all agree on that)...but its way too soon to judge the talent pool at the top IMO. Players will emerge.

I say: Draft blue chip talent in the secondary,at WR(yes i said it) and possibly OLine.
Get depth on the DLine/OLine,RB and LB.
Draft a developmental QB.

Thank you Washington for your cooperation.

I'm not sure it is too early. IMO, teams screw themselves in the draft because they let the combine and other outside factors influence their decision too much. Teams would do better in the draft if they just evaluated the players at this point in time instead of waiting till after the combine. The whole risers and fallers after the combine shouldn't happen unless it's for things like medical or character concerns.

V3

Hall of Fame

Jeffery was injured his last year in college. That's why he didn't produce like his junior season. Clowney is just acting like an idiot that only cares about himself and not his team. He's not trying. That's why his play has gone down. That is a BIG concern, in my book. How do you know he's not going to do that crap in the NFL? He's only going to play when it's in his best interest- team be damned.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

2nd round - NONE
3rd round -

No doubt, the 2nd and 3rd rounders have been questionable. But yeah, I am talking about first rounders. And here's why. I don't see Snead trading out of the first round. We are going to get at least 2 players in the first round next year. And if we have a top 3 pick, chances are Snead will trade down and we will pick up another very high pick in addition to the 2 first rounders.

V3

Hall of Fame
I get this - but just think of it as greater ammunition for trade downs. Just because we're not "jacked" about taking someone at 2 doesn't mean some other poor devil ain't!

By the bye, I am certainly not pumped about Clowney. Highlight reel player - freak of nature. But how motivated is he to learn and be the best? When he gets to the pros he wont be able to run over/round everyone instantly - he'll have to hone and learn his craft and he might not like it! I worry about guys with "motivational" issues and it just looks a dangerous pick to me.

I'll be excited if other teams want to trade with us. I just don't know if that's going to happen though so I'm not getting that excited just yet. I'd just like to know that there's someone I'd like at the top if the trade doesn't happen (not that my opinion is always right).

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You know it's way too early for draft talk but my logic is...focus on positions that are obvious weaknesses. The Rams are studly on the DL. There's no need to use a high pick on a guy that will be a rotating player b/c the starting guys are beasts.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we can get a top 2... Someone will trade up for a QB.

Keep losing Redskins! The team that keeps on giving!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Do you have any confidence that would happen? The last time I brought this subject up I was lambasted like a Thanksgiving day turkey but that doesn't change the fact that we haven't shown an ability to pick quality players. In an effort to be positive I won't belabor the point.

I agree that we could get much better with 2 top ten picks but I question our ability to take full advantage of this opportunity should it develop.:disappoint:

There is some merit in this post. Three first rounders Brockers, Austin & Ogletree have flashed some & lately they have flashed more consistently. 2 out of these three are Ram draft picks & starters. The other is the RG3 pick Austin, but not completely he cost us a 2nd rd pick in the 2013 draft. In yesterdays big game Austin was not listed in any of the team leaders. Austin got the ball in his hands 5 times and got only 35 yds out of it.

The second day draft picks in the second round of 2 1/2 yrs ago of Quick, Jenkins & Pead have many questions yet. Only 1 of the 3 are starters. It also could be said that the lone starter (Jenkins) had a poor season. These three could yet turn out to be good picks.The three 3rd rd picks of Trumaine Johnson, TJ McDonald & Stedman Bailey seemed to have been better picks @ this point than the three 2nd rders. 2 of the 3 are good starters and the other 3rd rd pick should start. The third day 8 selections Snead has two starters & three back ups & a kicker....with only two misses. That's good!

From this point much of these 2012/2013 Ram draft selections have big questions attached to them just plain unclear as what the Rams really have here. With so much unknowns it may be better to trade this top Five 2014 draft pick for future draft picks. This could buy Snead & Fisher some time to see what they have. Rams may not need to draft another first round wide receiver if what most ROD'mers have posted on their thoughts on Givens, Quick, Austin & Bailey. I sure would not waste any time if a team offers a couple future first round picks to the Rams for this 2014 RG3 pick. The delay may be the best avenue to travel ?? Mud does settle on down after a while.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Wouldn't it be great - just great if we end up with the second overall pick and someone went to Jeff Fisher with his famous "I guarantee you this...we will not be picking second again" "Er Jeff...what happened buddy?"

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey man - good to see you back. Now try making sense for a change would yuh?:heh:

Alan

Legend
max looking at a half full glass:
No doubt, the 2nd and 3rd rounders have been questionable. But yeah, I am talking about first rounders. And here's why. I don't see Snead trading out of the first round. We are going to get at least 2 players in the first round next year. And if we have a top 3 pick, chances are Snead will trade down and we will pick up another very high pick in addition to the 2 first rounders.

That's best case but something I could really get behind.

Alan

Legend
BonifayRam with some cogent thoughts:
The third day 8 selections Snead has two starters & three back ups & a kicker....with only two misses. That's good!

From this point much of these 2012/2013 Ram draft selections have big questions attached to them just plain unclear as what the Rams really have here. With so much unknowns it may be better to trade this top Five 2014 draft pick for future draft picks. This could buy Snead & Fisher some time to see what they have. Rams may not need to draft another first round wide receiver if what most ROD'mers have posted on their thoughts on Givens, Quick, Austin & Bailey. I sure would not waste any time if a team offers a couple future first round picks to the Rams for this 2014 RG3 pick. The delay may be the best avenue to travel ?? Mud does settle on down after a while.

Some good points there. I don't even know what our most pressing needs will be so I can't even begin to lobby for trading any of our picks. Or keeping them. I'm just doing a little whining about the picks we already made.:lol:

RaminExile with a small misunderstanding:
Wouldn't it be great - just great if we end up with the second overall pick and someone went to Jeff Fisher with his famous "I guarantee you this...we will not be picking second again" "Er Jeff...what happened buddy?"

Fisher was talking about our pick and the high round pick we're talking about would be Washington's pick.

RamFan503 wishing for the moon:
Hey man - good to see you back. Now try making sense for a change would yuh?:heh:

Fat chance of that happening.:cray:

I meant to say the 5th pick and not the 5th round.:oops: :razz:

It's good to be back.:woot:

lasvegasrams

Rookie
we are still gonna be the youngest team in the nfl next year. we play in the toughest division in the nfl, and are 4-4 against non division opponents.

sure, snead may have not struck gold on some picks....but the fact that we are light years ahead of where this franchise was a couple years ago is something to note (that and the fact that our top 5 pick is due to genious dealing by snead)