Current draft order

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Thanks to a staggering 10-game losing streak, the Houston Texans are now in full command of the projected top pick in the 2014 NFL draft. The Texans are the lone two-win team in the league, meaning they will secure that selection should they lose out.

The Jaguars and Buccaneers, who appeared to be headed toward picks No. 1 and 2 (in some order) through the first half of the season, have climbed the standings with recent hot streaks — both teams have won three of four games.

The first tiebreaker for draft pick position is strength of schedule (SOS). Though those numbers change with each game, the current order below is based on where teams currently stand in that category.

Check back Tuesday for our updated 2014 Mock Draft.

(Updated after the Giants’ win over Washington on Sunday night.)

1. Houston Texans (2-10)
2. St. Louis Rams — via Washington Redskins (3-8; current SOS: .530)
3. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-9; current SOS: .539)
4. Atlanta Falcons (3-9; current SOS: .560)
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-9; current SOS: .592)
6. Minnesota Vikings (3-8-1)
7. Oakland Raiders (4-8; current SOS: .479)
8. Cleveland Browns (4-8; current SOS: .497)
9. Buffalo Bills (4-8; current SOS: .549)
10. NY Giants (4-7)

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's AWESOME!

Top 5 would be sick!

Top 3... Oh my!

V3

Hall of Fame
I'd be more excited if there was someone to be excited about at #2. Clowny and Matthews don't do anything for me. Right now, the best move is to trade down, IMO.

A55VA6

Legend
We could end up with 2 top 10 picks. Rams could be one hell of a team in the coming years if they draft right!

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'd be more excited if there was someone to be excited about at #2. Clowny and Matthews don't do anything for me. Right now, the best move is to trade down, IMO.

Call Washington? I hear they need a good QB.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick

I don't like Clowney. Great TALENT, but takes plays off and seems to be under motivated at times. Plus we have two great ends, and I love Hayes, Sims, & Rivers. If we add anything on the DL I'd be interested in a massive plug at DT.

At this point some of my favorite prospects are Jake Matthews, Mike Evans, Louis Nix, Haha Clinton-Dix. I'm not as familiar with the CB prospects, but I'd love to get a CB with the versatility to play on the outside and bump inside to the nickel. Those would be my first round targets, several of which may be top 5 picks, so keep the L's coming Washington!

Because OG typically isn't a heavy position in the 1st round and because Fish is notorious for shying away from OL in the 1st, I'd target a great 2nd or 3rd round OG. I'd love to have Saffold return to back up LT/RT/compete for a guard spot, if the price was right. If you paired him with a big athletic OG we could be pretty stout inside.

Slappy967

Starter
That 2nd pick is FANTASTIC! Hoping we can use that as trade bait to get us back into round 1 so we can nab 3 1st rounders this year. Dare to dream!

duckhunter

Starter
If we got another boatload of picks, would we get some more cookies, quickies, killers, peados, and such?

Please, Mr Molester, 'Just don't screw the pooch, if you find another pony in this big pile of shyteseason.'

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I thought Fisher said this team wouldn't be picking 2nd again...:wink:

But seriously,the draft day table will be set up nicely for Snead again. We've got to draft smart. 2014 is going to be our year, i said it early in the season.
Rams needed to season and simmer all this young talent this season and then serve it up COLD in 2014. :cool:
th

Trading down is very likely (i think we can all agree on that)...but its way too soon to judge the talent pool at the top IMO. Players will emerge.

I say: Draft blue chip talent in the secondary,at WR(yes i said it) and possibly OLine.
Get depth on the DLine/OLine,RB and LB.
Draft a developmental QB.

Thank you Washington for your cooperation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
But didn't Fisher say we'd never be picking 2nd in the draft again ;)

I still think the number 1 overall pick is possible, the Texans looked like a decent team yesterday, I'd say the three worst teams in the NFL at the moment are the Redskins, Buccaneers and the team of officials from yesterday's game.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

I get this - but just think of it as greater ammunition for trade downs. Just because we're not "jacked" about taking someone at 2 doesn't mean some other poor devil ain't!

By the bye, I am certainly not pumped about Clowney. Highlight reel player - freak of nature. But how motivated is he to learn and be the best? When he gets to the pros he wont be able to run over/round everyone instantly - he'll have to hone and learn his craft and he might not like it! I worry about guys with "motivational" issues and it just looks a dangerous pick to me.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
As i've been saying, we have a great chance to end with the #1 or #2 overall.
They play KC, ATL, Dallas, and NYG.

It's possible they go 3-1 those last 4 games.

Also possible they go 0-4.

Time to start rooting for ATL and Houston.

Alan

Legend
A55VA6's letter to Santa:
We could end up with 2 top 10 picks. Rams could be one hell of a team in the coming years if they draft right!

Do you have any confidence that would happen? The last time I brought this subject up I was lambasted like a Thanksgiving day turkey but that doesn't change the fact that we haven't shown an ability to pick quality players. In an effort to be positive I won't belabor the point.

I agree that we could get much better with 2 top ten picks but I question our ability to take full advantage of this opportunity should it develop.:disappoint:

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you have any confidence that would happen? The last time I brought this subject up I was lambasted like a Thanksgiving day turkey but that doesn't change the fact that we haven't shown an ability to pick quality players. In an effort to be positive I won't belabor the point.

I agree that we could get much better with 2 top ten picks but I question our ability to take full advantage of this opportunity should it develop.:disappoint:

Well, we are talking about first rounders here. So who did they pick in the first round so far? I think Brockers, Tavon, are Ogletree are gonna be stars. All 3 of them have shown flashes of greatness. We just have to be a bit more patient and let them grow up.

So now we may be adding 2 more first rounder that are in the top 10. I like Snead's chances of adding 2 impact players.

duckhunter

Starter

Welcome Alan.

Yeah, the Quickie and Peado picks appears to have slimed the masterful rape job on Daniel Snyder.

If anything, maybe we can enjoy another legal rape in public. Too bad it couldn't be Jerry Jones.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I get this - but just think of it as greater ammunition for trade downs. Just because we're not "jacked" about taking someone at 2 doesn't mean some other poor devil ain't!

By the bye, I am certainly not pumped about Clowney. Highlight reel player - freak of nature. But how motivated is he to learn and be the best? When he gets to the pros he wont be able to run over/round everyone instantly - he'll have to hone and learn his craft and he might not like it! I worry about guys with "motivational" issues and it just looks a dangerous pick to me.

People keep saying this about Clowney. They said the same thing about Alshon Jeffrey too. Look how that turned out. Clowney would be a steal around 4th or 5th (where I predict we'll be picking).