Crazy Stat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Gurley has as many rushes of 20+ yards (4) in the second half against Arizona as any other RB has throughout the entire first four games.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley has as many rushes of 20+ yards (4) in the second half against Arizona as any other RB has throughout the entire first four games.

and it's only the beginning. oline improving, gurley getting his legs under him, foles getting comfortable, tavon still a threat every time he's on the field. i like how the rams o is shaping up now with gurley on the field.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Seriously? That's hard to believe.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Just looked it up. Gurley(25 attempts) is tied for 1st in 20+ yard runs with Adrian Peterson(75 attempts), Matt Forte(84 attempts) and Melvin Gordon(56 attempts).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I didn't believe it to till I looked it up, that is just pure insanity, pure awesome insanity!!!

Indeed. I wasn't dismissing the OP, but without a link, my first reaction was no-way.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Lots of scrutiny of today's OL's throughout the league. This adds to that fire.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another shocking stat? The Rams are now #2 in the NFL in yards per carry average behind Minnesota. One Todd Gurley start is responsible for that.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
The Jet sweep fake with Tavon while Gurley is in the back field is a beautiful thing. They open up things for each other and the entire offense at the same time.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an extra lineman come as a TE and block occasionally. I think Gurley can reach a level where teams know he's getting the ball and they can't stop it consistently. Late in the 4th vs Az was a glimpse of that. That game clinching run was on a 3&12 I believe. That's insane stuff. I love SJ, but I never saw that from him before. Gurley runs with a lean that helps him keep his balance. Really fun to see how he moves and his body control.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
And he did it against a solid defense, a defense that can't use the excuse of being tired from being on the field all day either.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
The Jet sweep fake with Tavon while Gurley is in the back field is a beautiful thing. They open up things for each other and the entire offense at the same time.

I also wouldn't mind seeing an extra lineman come as a TE and block occasionally. I think Gurley can reach a level where teams know he's getting the ball and they can't stop it consistently. Late in the 4th vs Az was a glimpse of that. That game clinching run was on a 3&12 I believe. That's insane stuff. I love SJ, but I never saw that from him before. Gurley runs with a lean that helps him keep his balance. Really fun to see how he moves and his body control.

After I watched replays of Gurley's 52 yd run, this was my exact thought.... WHO do you key in on??? Austin? Gurley? Foles??? Foles is already very dangerous in play action.... when Austin's in motion & Gurley's in the backfield, is the D even paying attention to Steddy, or our TE's?

jap

Legend
Seriously? That's hard to believe.

Not really. With the Cards blowing teams out early, opponents have had to go one dimensional to the passing game to try to keep up.

Gurley blesses us with ball control. Gurley sans brace might elevate us to the top rushing attack in the entire league.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
After I watched replays of Gurley's 52 yd run, this was my exact thought.... WHO do you key in on??? Austin? Gurley? Foles??? Foles is already very dangerous in play action.... when Austin's in motion & Gurley's in the backfield, is the D even paying attention to Steddy, or our TE's?

Exactly - they can do a lot out of that formation and I expect them to add in some new wrinkles to that going forward. As long as the line doesn't get blown up and let's the play develop, there are many options. Great play design from Cigs.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
(y):D:yess:[/QUOTE]
He should be a lock for Ground Player of the week, and Rookie of the week for week#4!!(y):D:yess: