Crabtree tears achilles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/22/michael-crabtree-suffers-torn-achilles-in-workout/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-workout/</a>

The 49ers suffered a major blow during OTAs, as wide receiver Michael Crabtree suffered what could be a season-ending injury.

According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today, Crabtree tore his Achilles during a workout Tuesday, and will need surgery to repair the injury.

While players such as Terrell Suggs and Da’Quan Bowers have come back in the same season from such injuries, those cases are rare.

The 25-year-old Crabtree emerged as a threat last year, with 85 catches for 1,105 yards and nine touchdowns, and an impressive postseason.

Without him, the 49ers offense doesn’t look nearly as potent.

They haven’t shown any interest in bringing back Randy Moss, and though they acquired Anquan Boldin in a trade with the Ravens, they now lack a proven downfield threat.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I cant say that I'm not totally displeased at what this means for us when we play them and the Whiners season but I don't like to wish bad on someone like this. That's a horrible injury to get over.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Crabtree is extremely overrated. Someone will step up in his place. It is a hit to the 49ers chance of defending their NFC West title tho.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Look I do not wish injury on anyone ok....But I can not lie right now im like.....

l.jpg

It is what it is.......

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They have had incredible luck with lack of injuries for a few years. Maybe the law of averages will catch up this year. Crabtree is very productive and was CK's go to guy, they will miss his presence for sure.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
While im glad the 9ers are without one of their top threats, I feel for Crabtree. Hope he gets better quick and it doesn't affect his longterm future/career. In the meantime, we'll just have to kick their asses without him.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The Rammer said:
I cant say that I'm not totally displeased at what this means for us when we play them and the Whiners season but I don't like to wish bad on someone like this. That's a horrible injury to get over.
Pretty much was I thinking. Plus when we beat them this year, we'll hear from whiner fans how we did it without Crabtree so it didn't count.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Next man up A.J. Jenkins..Good teams always have guys that you forget about. Jenkins was their number one pick last year who never got on the field now he will.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Just the beginning of the runner-up Super Bowl champion slump? :twisted:

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
brokeu91 said:
The Rammer said:
Pretty much was I thinking. Plus when we beat them this year, we'll hear from whiner fans how we did it without Crabtree so it didn't count.
You know what I say then? You didn't hear me making excuses the last few years when we were literally taking people off the street and the stands to play DB and O line from our crazy injuries. Now is our time. Bring it on Seattle and Ninnies!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't wish injury on any player or any team. As fans we deserve to see our teams play each other at their best.

That said; the 49'ers are a rival and anything that leads to their total collapse is something I can accept. :lmao:

Not to mention; Craptree seems deserving of a little karma. He's not the kind of player to garner many fans outside of SF.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
IMHO. Crabtree doesn't scare me against the Rams ... but what it WILL do is hurt them throughout their schedule ... which could help us out tremendously! They will now have to hope Manningham comes back strong... and rely on Jenkins and Patton to excelerate their game. They are now more in the same position that we are in as far as "unprovens" needing to step up.

iced

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
All I gotta say is - Crabtree, i like you bro.. don't mind ya at alll.... but I absolutely hate the colors you wear!

Hope ya recover... AFTER the season

nighttrain

Legend
The Rammer said:
But if it had to happen to a player, a Whiner as good as it gets :cheese:
train