Cowboys Trying to Trade Up for Clowney?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Just take DL Jadeveon Clowney tell Dallas No thanks! Unless they want to throw in OLT Tyron Smith its a deal!

tbux

Rookie
Claiborne is Gilyard on D- lots of natural talent- nothing upstairs- no way- I knew when the Bucs passed on him he wasnt good. Bucs Sec coach was his DC in college and reportedly told them not to draft him. spoke volumes. No deal for me- too far back.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I would rather have a 2nd round pick than Claiborne. Maybe even a 3rd...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That is not bad right there. A little to low for us though

I don't think I'd laugh at the offer like most people here. I'd tell the Cowboys that they have to give us their 2nd in 2014 as well. So we get #16, their 2nd, Claiborne and the 2015 1st...and if I didn't get another strong offer...I'd take that to the bank.

Frankly, I am not ready to write off Claiborne and that kills two birds with one stone. The Cowboys had him in a scheme that isn't very conducive to his game. We need a 3rd CB...we get a starting caliber, young 3rd CB that was a top 6 pick and is only going into his 3rd season. Think about Joe Barksdale. Was a bust for the Raiders in a scheme that was a poor fit for his skill-set. We picked him up off waivers, put him with a good coach, and put him in the right scheme. Kid ended up becoming a solid starter for us.

Sometimes these young guys surprise you.

And if they did offer that, we could do something like:
13. Aaron Donald DT
16. Odell Beckham Jr. WR

or

13. Mike Evans WR
16. Zack Martin OL

or

we could trade up or down from either selection.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
5 firsts and 5 seconds.
Not because Clowney is worth that much. .. Because Jerry Jones wants him and I'm happy when Jones doesn't get his way.

Alan

Legend
jrry32 with a plan:
I don't think I'd laugh at the offer like most people here. I'd tell the Cowboys that they have to give us their 2nd in 2014 as well. So we get #16, their 2nd, Claiborne and the 2015 1st...and if I didn't get another strong offer...I'd take that to the bank.

Frankly, I am not ready to write off Claiborne and that kills two birds with one stone. The Cowboys had him in a scheme that isn't very conducive to his game. We need a 3rd CB...we get a starting caliber, young 3rd CB that was a top 6 pick and is only going into his 3rd season. Think about Joe Barksdale. Was a bust for the Raiders in a scheme that was a poor fit for his skill-set. We picked him up off waivers, put him with a good coach, and put him in the right scheme. Kid ended up becoming a solid starter for us.

Sometimes these young guys surprise you.

And if they did offer that, we could do something like:
13. Aaron Donald DT
16. Odell Beckham Jr. WR

or

13. Mike Evans WR
16. Zack Martin OL

or

we could trade up or down from either selection.
or

13. Ha-Ha/Pryor
16. Zack Martin

I'd do that deal.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
From what I recall Jerry Jones knew the Rams wanted to trade back badly in 2012 so he dictated the terms in his usual arrogant fashion. So now the tables have turned and if Jerry wants Clowney badly enough he needs to meet Sneads demand, which should be much higher than what is stated here to move so far out of the range of top players. I'd start with first and second this year and next and then throw in a fourth or two.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The way I compute this

Our pick worth 2600

Their offer 2014 pick 16...............................1000
2015 1st round( worth 1st in second this year ....580
They are asking basically #16 for Claibourne...........1020:rolleyes:
at best Claibourne should be a mid level 2nd......420
So we'd need another 2nd this year ..............420
And another 3rd..........................................180
Don't be surprised though if the Cowboys fail here if they don't try to trade up for our 13 to take Donald.he's a Sapp like talent

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Lol, actually I thought my post was so nice, that I should post it twice!!!!

*im using my phone and internet lagging so hit the button to many times trying to post it lol

Did the mod thing and deleted the repost. Sorry for any confusion.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Did the mod thing and deleted the repost. Sorry for any confusion.

Boooo!!!! Now my reply makes no sense!!!! Chaos is going to ensue!! !!! The confusion will drive the peasents to madness!!!!!!

*thanks for deleting it

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't think it's a stretch to value Claiborne as a 2nd rounder. But I honestly don't care that much about where he's valued. We're getting two firsts, a 2nd, and a starting caliber CB with a lot of upside for the #2 pick...I think the deal is pretty solid.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
or

13. Ha-Ha/Pryor
16. Zack Martin

I'd do that deal.

That's also a possibility. It's just my opinion that neither Pryor or HCD are worth taking at #13. But I understand if you feel differently. :)

Alan

Legend
jrry32 with doubts:
That's also a possibility. It's just my opinion that neither Pryor or HCD are worth taking at #13. But I understand if you feel differently. :)
I'm open to a trade down if we can still get one of them.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Orlando Scandrick DB DAL 8 Hrs
ESPNDallas' Todd Archer believes CB Orlando Scandrick is the favorite to start over former first-round CB Morris Claiborne.

Claiborne will have to improve dramatically to escape the bust tag hovering over him. Claiborne has started just 22 games and been disastrous in coverage since being selected at pick six in 2012. Scandrick played well after taking the job last season, so Claiborne will need a big training camp to move up the depth chart.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
This is the exact type of talk we need to start creating a 'Buzz' over our pick.

That being said I wouldn't mind this trade ONLY IF they give us this years first and second next years first and Dez Bryant!! " BRADFORD drops back, moves to the right unloads deep down the field to Bryant, Bryant has it.... TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!"