Cowboys Trying to Trade Up for Clowney?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
The Huddle Report ‏@TheHuddleReport
Cowboys putting together a package trying to get into top 3 for Clowney. Deal would include 16th pick 2015 1st rounder + CB Morris Claiborne

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I must have missed something, theyre not sold on claiborne?

Psycho_X

Legend
I must have missed something, theyre not sold on claiborne?

I'm not. I wouldn't take that deal. Would be kind of funny ending up with Claiborne though since that was the pick we traded to eventually get Brockers and was someone we were rumored to possibly draft that year.

SC-Ram78

Rookie
I would take that trade in a heartbeat. But the cowboys are taking a chance if they trade with us because clowney may go #1

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so they gave up a 2nd rounder to move up to get claiborne and now want to throw him in with a 1st rounder to move up for clowney? they keep going backwards.

why would they leak that information, or bsation more likely.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would take that trade in a heartbeat. But the cowboys are taking a chance if they trade with us because clowney may go #1

they certainly wouldnt pull the trigger until Houston picked already

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
My first thought was that they were trading with Houston, which wouldn't surprise me.

The Rams aren't necessarily the only team willing to trade down.

Kind of crazy though, because I actually expect Houston to take Clowney at this point.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I would love to hear that conversation, if it actually happened. As I recall, Jeruh was bragging about fleecing us by giving up so little to move up for Claiborne. Freak the cowgirls!!!

FRO

Legend
And his giganto-tron for my house.
And his LT. I also want Demarco Murray, not because I think he is a great RB, he is good, I'm just tired of seeing him put up 100 yards before the half every time we face him.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
On the old "Draft Trade Value" They would need 1600 pts to equal our #2 pick. And I would think they would have to climb that ladder beyond that. You can't value future picks no more than the average round pick (#16) which would give them 2000 pts. Now would Claiborne be worth a 2nd? Not in my book. Maybe a 5th. so we are looking to need at least another 2nd rounder if not another future #1 to even match up and make it where it would be doable for us.
So....like most have said.....laughable offer at best.........

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Claiborne needs to be playing in a man defense and I think the Cowgirls are still running that Monte Kiffin Cover 2 so he's struggled. Now reports have been coming out bashing on his strength and weight training. I think he's a better than salvageable player-- he has the skills to be a star, but given the complexity of that Gregg Williams playbook and Claiborne's reported lack of skull stuffing, I don't think it's a match here.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Give me your 1st and 2nd and 3rd this year, and your 1st and 2nd next year and Claiborne and we have a deal. Draft Donald at #13 and Pryor at #16. Use a pick in the 2nd and 3rd round on tackle and guard. The end.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'm guessing the repost is your interpretation of banging on the table? ;)
I keed, I keed.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm guessing the repost is your interpretation of banging on the table? ;)
I keed, I keed.

Lol, actually I thought my post was so nice, that I should post it twice!!!!

*im using my phone and internet lagging so hit the button to many times trying to post it lol