Cowboys Release Phil Costa

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Now this is the type of FA that intrigues me.

He is young, can play both G and C...and has 20 games starting experience.

He isn't a dominant player, but would compete for a starting job or be a competent backup.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Eh, I think the expectation is that Barrett Jones or Tim Barnes would play that role.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Eh, I think the expectation is that Barrett Jones or Tim Barnes would play that role.
Perhaps...but if at least one of those two become part of the starting rotation you will need someone to back them up.

It isn't completely outside of the realm of possibility that BOTH of those guys end up as starters.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
We do seem to do better with the cast offs/low cost FAs than big time FAs.

Yes Sir .....

* OL'er Harvey Dahl IR'd in 2012 with torn biceps then injures his knee in October 2013 never to return then has ankle surgery @ the end of 2013.

* OL'er Scott Wells becomes a High Cost UFA $$ Ram then has knee surgery then breaks bones in foot IR'd then has surgery then has knee surgery @ end of 2012 season. In 2013 breaks his lower legs gets IR'd.

* OL'er Jake Long in 2013 becomes the Rams biggest off season UFA $$ sign...then @ seasons end tears his MCL & ACL placed on IR'd for the third straight year then has surgery again.

* CB Cortland Finnegan becomes the Rams biggest 2012 UFA signing injures thigh mid 2012 season. 2013 season is a massive decline and then breaks his face/eye IR'd before mid 2013 mid season.

What UFA wants to sign a UFA contract with the Rams?

paceram

Pro Bowler
Perhaps...but if at least one of those two become part of the starting rotation you will need someone to back them up.

It isn't completely outside of the realm of possibility that BOTH of those guys end up as starters.

That would be great if both Barnes (Center) and Jones (Guard) can win the starting positions next season!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I would hope not, personally.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
You can post in the F/A sticky thread. Don't be afraid. I'd love for people to add more stuff to it.

Alan

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU with a new spartan avatar:
He is young, can play both G and C...and has 20 games starting experience.
Doesn't seem to be playing either position very well though. Why would they release a young (and cheap) O-line player? You know something they don't? We're talking Jerry Jones here so that's totally possible.

Hey Sum, if it's just a question of not being able to afford your old avatar I can slip you a few bucks to tide you over. :coffee:

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Doesn't seem to be playing either position very well though. Why would they release a young (and cheap) O-line player? You know something they don't? We're talking Jerry Jones here so that's totally possible.

Hey Sum, if it's just a question of not being able to afford your old avatar I can slip you a few bucks to tide you over. :coffee:
Welcome back Alan! You've been missed.

Alan

Legend
BigRamFan with a warm welcome:
Welcome back Alan! You've been missed.
Thanks Craig! It's great to be back. I wonder how long I'll last this time before they ban me again. The new Mod looks pretty scary.

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators joining in:
Welcome back, your son was fun, but nothing replaces the real thing.
Thanks R&G. Like I said, It's good to be back. Now, if only we had some new football stuff to talk about.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Yes Sir .....

* OL'er Harvey Dahl IR'd in 2012 with torn biceps then injures his knee in October 2013 never to return then has ankle surgery @ the end of 2013.

* OL'er Scott Wells becomes a High Cost UFA $$ Ram then has knee surgery then breaks bones in foot IR'd then has surgery then has knee surgery @ end of 2012 season. In 2013 breaks his lower legs gets IR'd.

* OL'er Jake Long in 2013 becomes the Rams biggest off season UFA $$ sign...then @ seasons end tears his MCL & ACL placed on IR'd for the third straight year then has surgery again.

* CB Cortland Finnegan becomes the Rams biggest 2012 UFA signing injures thigh mid 2012 season. 2013 season is a massive decline and then breaks his face/eye IR'd before mid 2013 mid season.

What UFA wants to sign a UFA contract with the Rams?

GOOD GOSHNESS!!! This means Saffold is gonna be tits up next year because he's already injury prone and will resign with us.

Hopefully Verner can be a trend setter, finisher, and embark on a new beginning with the Rams that's filled with rainbows and such.

Alan

Legend
Rams and Gators with new interesting Info:
You missed the 1,000th Sammy Watkins thread didn't you? Only 8 days until FA.

I'll have to try and find that thread. Probably filled with new and scientifically proven facts for my view point.
Who is hoping we don't draft him besides RFIP?
RFIP is such a hater when it comes to Watkins.
Still, probably good stuff if it was written by a Rodite. ;)