Cowboys fleeced Rams in trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/04/26/so-the- ... claiborne/

HOG WASH! This trade was a win-win trade. Both teams got the guy they were after at that point. Should the Rams have gotten another later round pick? Perhaps. I was looking for a 5th also and the trade chart says 4th but fleeced? Not hardly. Talk to me a couple years down the road.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
BS. Brockers was supposedly their plan C, after Richardson and Blackmon were picked up. StL took a gamble and traded down and added a 2nd rd pick and STILL got their man.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Fleeced is a strong word. The Cowboys did get more value than you'd normally get for that trade, but supply and demand comes into play here. The Cowboys got about 50 "points" extra from the trade (the equivalent of an additional 5th rounder), but *fleeced*? Please. It worked out well for both teams, and they should have shut the hell up about it in this case. Now if they ever come a callin' on draft day again, they'll have to pony up BIG TIME because of those comments.

Demoff is like an elephant. He never forgets.

steferfootball

Starter
We lost the trade by 50 trade points on the NFL trade value chart. Roughly a fourth rounder.

However, I saw someone break down the trade chart values for all the trades, and the Rams was one of the closest to being even.

That said, trade value is not end be all. The Browns trade up got them a 300 point advantage. (late second rounder)...so, the Vikings got "Fleeced" to the tune of a second rounder. However it wasn't a bad deal, cause they got Kalil anyways. In the same way we got Brockers anyways (assuming our FO isn't telling people stuff to save face).

edit: I'm not sure why I quoted you x.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
steferfootball said:
We lost the trade by 50 trade points on the NFL trade value chart. Roughly a fourth rounder.

However, I saw someone break down the trade chart values for all the trades, and the Rams was one of the closest to being even.

That said, trade value is not end be all. The Browns trade up got them a 300 point advantage. (late second rounder)...so, the Vikings got "Fleeced" to the tune of a second rounder. However it wasn't a bad deal, cause they got Kalil anyways. In the same way we got Brockers anyways (assuming our FO isn't telling people stuff to save face).

A 5th rounder actually, which we asked for and the Cowboys winced. No big deal, Fisher and Snead loved Brockers, and because of their thorough draft plan he was always in play, and we got a coveted high 2nd round pick. I can live with that.

steferfootball

Starter
DR RAM said:
steferfootball said:

A 5th rounder actually, which we asked for and the Cowboys winced. No big deal, Fisher and Snead loved Brockers, and because of their thorough draft plan he was always in play, and we got a coveted high 2nd round pick. I can live with that.
ESPN's draft pick value chart has it at 122 (a late fourth). I donno if it is outdated, because the date is in 2004.

Either way doesn't bother me. I'd prefer Claborne, but I'm not mad about the trade.