Coverage Stats Show Flaws in L.A. Rams Defense

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
With the addition of Wagner; a season under their belt for Jones and Rochell; the return of Hill; a draft rich in potential at CB and S; and dare I say, an ascending player in Long Jr, we might be looking at a even better results!

‘PFF released a chart identifying the teams with the most “perfectly-covered dropbacks” last season. The Rams, under Evero, had the highest percentage of perfectly-covered dropbacks last season by a pretty solid margin’

Now I don’t often rely on PFF, big covered drop backs must be a fairly straight forward analysis, and so the chart is bound to be accurate

This is only part of the picture but I wouldn’t be surprised if Donald totals over 20 sacks and Floyd goes to his first pro bowl

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
We will miss Ejiro Evero. I saw this article earlier, it’s a little confusing to me the “Y” axis, but assume it’s best to be to the right and low on this graph;

FW73NEDWAAEHTYi

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams had fewer flaws than our opponents when it counted. Does anything else really matter?

When I was a kid, my dad always used to say that during the playoffs, one team will get "hot" at the right time and win the super bowl. For the most part he was right.

oldnotdead

Legend
PFF again shows their lack of understanding of the NFL. What the fuck is "perfectly covered drop backs?" If a team disguises their coverage and shifts at the snap, PFF will downgrade them. Dudes, PFF is a fucked up when it comes to evaluating anything. Their metrics don't work for NFL football. Maybe they work at the high school level but not in the NFL.

Go by how many throws are PD, INT, throwaways, and what is the average length of time a QB holds the ball. and adjust all that to the average distance the pass is thrown in the air, which would be a better measurement of a defense. If you really want to get simplistic then just go by completion percentages and yardage given up per game.

PFF is so ignorant of the game they don't understand it isn't how pretty it looks but how effective it is. Why don't they simply ask all the starting QBs which defenses are hardest the throw against?

Yeah, I hate PFF because people think what they say actually means something. Steve's dad knew more than PFF because he obviously understood the game.