Court date set for Mason/OC Register

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
By Rich Hammond
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/move-709440-rams-reporter.html

Rams running back Tre Mason faces arraignment on April 11 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on four misdemeanor charges after his arrest this month.

Mason faces charges of resisting an officer without violence, possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana, reckless driving and failure to register a motor vehicle, according to documents published on the Broward County (Fla.) courts website.

Police in Hollywood, Fla., arrested Mason on March 5 and claimed that while driving a sports car, Mason failed to pull over for a traffic stop then physically resisted officers’ attempts to get him out of the car. Police reported finding 12 grams of marijuana ``in various stages of use’’ inside Mason’s car.

Court documents did not specify Mason’s possible punishment, should he be found guilty on any of the charges.

``I can’t really comment on the specifics until we get all of the stuff,’’ Fisher told reporters Wednesday, ``and we’re working with the league on that. I’m expecting Tre to be present for the off-season program. I know he’s extremely embarrassed, as to the incident, but we don’t have the facts yet. We’re still waiting on that.

``To me, it was a little uncharacteristic of him and if in fact what was reported is true then I’ll be really disappointed. But, we don’t have the information yet.’’

Mason, 22, is considered the Rams’ primary backup to running back Todd Gurley. In 2015, his second NFL season, Mason rushed for 207 yards and one touchdown on 75 carries.

GETTING HEALTHY

Fisher said he expects several of the Rams’ top contributors who were injured at the end of last season to be healthy for the start of offseason workouts next month. That list includes cornerback E.J. Gaines, safety T.J. McDonald, defensive end Robert Quinn and guard Rodger Saffold.