Couple of tack on thoughts about the game last night

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
I started the game at my customary seat on the 40 and sat there through the half. Some friends invited Michael and I to sit by them in the end zone and I closed the game out there.

Parenthetical note the cell phone reception inside domes is ridiculous, if you want to improve game day experience for fans allow them Wi-Fi so they can check on their continued domination of all things fantasy related including both baseball and football.

But any way I zoomed in on Cody Davis in the second half and much to my dismay he really did not grade out well. He came up hard on running plays but mostly was out of position or took absolutely horrible angle at tackles. He would guess at the gap a lot and over commit and as a result get all tangled up in the blocking and take himself out of the play. As the last line of defense a safety simply cannot just leave the back totally empty and he did time and time again. If he was on the bubble before the game he didn't help himself out there after they watched the film. It was really bad....and I was very disappointed after being so high on him before.

I watched Woodard a lot in the first half and his back pedal is smooth but when it comes to flip his hips, turn and run with the receiver he can't do it. Instead he spins most of the time, loses the receiver momentarily and loses the route. After watching that for about six times I pretty much gave up on him and started focusing on others.

Stewart played MLB in the second half and I commented on that to the people with me....it seems to me that he is a much more athletic, much more flexible fill in behind JL 55 than Hull. Witherspoon as much as it isn't his normal position could also back up there. Hull can really only play MLB.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
jimitroutboy said:
I started the game at my customary seat on the 40 and sat there through the half. Some friends invited Michael and I to sit by them in the end zone and I closed the game out there.

Parenthetical note the cell phone reception inside domes is ridiculous, if you want to improve game day experience for fans allow them Wi-Fi so they can check on their continued domination of all things fantasy related including both baseball and football.

But any way I zoomed in on Cody Davis in the second half and much to my dismay he really did not grade out well. He came up hard on running plays but mostly was out of position or took absolutely horrible angle at tackles. He would guess at the gap a lot and over commit and as a result get all tangled up in the blocking and take himself out of the play. As the last line of defense a safety simply cannot just leave the back totally empty and he did time and time again. If he was on the bubble before the game he didn't help himself out there after they watched the film. It was really bad....and I was very disappointed after being so high on him before.

I watched Woodard a lot in the first half and his back pedal is smooth but when it comes to flip his hips, turn and run with the receiver he can't do it. Instead he spins most of the time, loses the receiver momentarily and loses the route. After watching that for about six times I pretty much gave up on him and started focusing on others.

Stewart played quite of MLB in the second half and I commented on that to the people with me....it seems to me that he is a much more athletic, much more flexible fill in behind JL 55 than Hull. Witherspoon as much as it isn't his normal position could also back up there. Hull can really only play MLB.
Nice insights.

I noticed how athletic Stewart was, as well, during the second preseason game, he started to really flash for me. I think for his size and speed, and how fast he's picking everything up, that he has star potential. He's playing pretty darn fast for a rookie. Bates has really come on as well, particularly in ST's play, but he was flying around pretty good out there at LB, and they moved him around a little.

I always thought that Davis would be a hard make for the team from a numbers standpoint, but then he played pretty well the first couple, and then I thought maybe, but after last week, and Daniels clearly outplayed him, as well as the other guys. Last night he didn't play well at all, and he never looked great on ST's either. He has some talent, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets picked up, or put on the PS. He just needs some more time to develop.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
jimitroutboy said:

Stewart played MLB in the second half and I commented on that to the people with me....it seems to me that he is a much more athletic, much more flexible fill in behind JL 55 than Hull. Witherspoon as much as it isn't his normal position could also back up there. Hull can really only play MLB.

Hull was very limited as a reserve he did start @ OSLB'er last yr but is always limited on covering speeders. Hulls reads are very solid and he knows what to do but once again he is mostly a MLB. Now Bates is a true gamer period. he plays fast and hard fullout! Bates can play the MLB post but is very small. But his ST play is way above the rest of the LB'ers. Now Stewart is a brute and has abilities to smash & cut through the massive OL'ers he is very raw but he can play inside & out. His up side is very good.

Both Spoon & Dunbar have many NFL games starting @ MLB. both know Fisher's defense and can call the plays. So once again when you look at our new four rookies & the 3 vets we just plain did not need Hull any longer.

Fisher may start Spoon @ one OLB'er spot with Tree but he would be very wise to get Armstrong in on passing downs where he can use his quickness to rush the passer & his ability to get deep in coverage using his extra long arms on his 6-4 frame he a is future star for this Ram team best get him up & ready to make the plays!