Coupla Evan Silva Tweets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Evan Silva@evansilva

Ex #Rams GM Billy Devaney drafted 34 players from 2008-11. 11 still w/ STL. Only 6 starters. 12 already out of NFL. Other 11 on other teams.

Another #Rams note: [hil]2nd-round pick Isaiah Pead has lost No. 2 RB job to Daryl Richardson.[/hil] Richardson is legit & may keep that job all year.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Richardson is a beast, very well deserves that #2 spot. Dude just explodes when he has the ball, he'll be fun to watch!

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
X said:
Evan Silva@evansilva

Ex #Rams GM Billy Devaney drafted 34 players from 2008-11. 11 still w/ STL. Only 6 starters. 12 already out of NFL. Other 11 on other teams.

Another #Rams note: [hil]2nd-round pick Isaiah Pead has lost No. 2 RB job to Daryl Richardson.[/hil] Richardson is legit & may keep that job all year.

I saw those.

I found the first to be rather profound. Many of us championed BillyD's drafting ability during his tenure here.

That stat is telling. Hindsight truly is 20/20. 6 Starters is not a pretty stat. Teams are built in the middle and late rounds of the draft. Billy may have hit on some 1st and 2nd round picks, but the lack of producers selected from the middle rounds is the damnation.

I will say Billy and his staff was good at finding contributors on PSs and in the 7th round.

Look at his middle round(3-6) selections tho:
2008:Greco, King, Burton, Schuening
2009:Fletcher, Scott, Foster, Null
2010:Murphy, Gilyard, Hoho, Hall Davis, Fendi, Sims
2011: Pettis, Salas, Hines

2009 was alright. The rest are poor

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
X said:
Evan Silva@evansilva

I saw those.

I found the first to be rather profound. Many of us championed BillyD's drafting ability during his tenure here.

That stat is telling. Hindsight truly is 20/20. 6 Starters is not a pretty stat. Teams are built in the middle and late rounds of the draft. Billy may have hit on some 1st and 2nd round picks, but the lack of producers selected from the middle rounds is the damnation.

I will say Billy and his staff was good at finding contributors on PSs and in the 7th round.

Look at his middle round(3-6) selections tho:
2008:Greco, King, Burton, Schuening
2009:Fletcher, Scott, Foster, Null
2010:Murphy, Gilyard, Hoho, Hall Davis, Fendi, Sims
2011: Pettis, Salas, Hines

2009 was alright. The rest are poor
I can dig it. Some of that was poor evaluation and some of it was Spags releasing those guys before they had a chance to develop. Would they have (ever)? I dunno. For all of Devaney's shortcomings in the latter rounds of the draft, he was pretty good at picking up free agents - undrafted or otherwise.