COUNT DOWN - Jersey #91

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
addon.jpg

This is another thread I had to re-do because I couldn't find the original one! there are five more scattered among the jersey numbers, but that doesn't mean I won't be tweaking them all!:rolllaugh:
1st up, a player who should have been in the Hall of Fame a long time ago!

LB/DE - Kevin Greene - 1985-92
Greene 2.jpg

A 5 time Pro Bowler, and 2 time All Pro He played in 119 games in his 8 seasons with the Rams.
GreeneLA.jpg
He had 2 Int's for 35 yards and a TD / 13 FF's / 11 FR's / and 72.5 sacks for the Rams ( 160 sacks tot in his career) which is one reason I say he should have gone to the H of F a long time ago!!
Kevin Greene1.jpg
he also had 375 tackles ( 669 in his career) and 3 Safeties.
He also played in 7 Play-Off games as a Ram and got 1 FR/ and 7 sacks.
Too bad we let those Blond Locks get away from us. And I wish he was Coaching for us today instead of the Packers!!

NEXT UP: ( Just an Honorable mention, because I can't find a photo of him!! Hint!! But he deserves to be mentioned!!)
DE/LB - Leslie O'Neal - 1996-97;
O'Neal came to us from the Chargers as a 6 time Pro Bowler, and proved to be a Great FA pick-up!
In his 31 games he had 1 Int / 1 FF / 5 FR's for 66 yards and a TD / and 17 sacks. I would say he had plenty left in his Tank when he got here, not Like some FA's who shall go nameless!!:D

NEXT UP: the 1st " Truly" Great DE the " ST. Louis Rams" ever had!
DE - Leonard Little - 1998-2009
Leonard-Little8.jpg

He started out wearing Jersey #57 but switched after the first couple of seasons.
Little2.jpg
In his 12 season with the Rams he played in 147 games, and really racked up some stats! And great players!
leonard_little5.jpg

He had 2 Int's for 64Yds. and a TD/ 31 FF's/9 FR's for 66 Yds. and 2 TD's / and 87.5 sacks /and 364 Tackles and assists.
Little & Warner.jpg

He played in 10 Post Season games and had 5 sacks. Here^ he's about to say Hi! to his Old QB Kurt Warner!
Little3.jpg
His most sacks came in 2001 when he had
14.5 and he had 4 seasons were he had double digit sacks in his career!
Little9.jpg

He Had to be Held because they couldn't stop him!

NEXT UP: ( My last man of the day. I don't want to go too LONG!)
DE - Chris Long - 2008-20015
Chris-Long-1.png

Chris started out wearing #72, but switched to 91 after "Little " left.
chris-long9.jpg

Chris Played 8 season for us and was a GREAT Leader on the Field, in the Locker room, and off the Field! He is missed!!
chris-long-10.jpg

He played in 114 games and had 8 Passes Defended /8 FF's / 8 FR's for 47 yds. and a TD / and 54.5 sacks / 247 tackles.
Long 6.jpg

He was relentless!!!!
Long5.png

He was voted "Player of the Week in Week #6 of 2010.
Long_Youngblood_Feature_420_310.jpg
He was well respected by all, even former Rams GREAT Jack Youngblood!:D

Long2.jpg
It's unfortunate two injury plagued seasons ended his time with us!:(

Well that's all I have for now!
Come on guys, I know there are a lot more photos and videos out their, "Bring 'um on!!":yay::yess:
IF you don't have comments or memories about these guys I'm speaking to the WRONG crowd!:rolllaugh:

Ram65

Legend
Liked them all. Green the most. You are right the Rams should have never let him go. He was better as a 3-4 pass rush LBer though. LL was very good too. He was a spark to the defenses he played on. Too bad CL91 got hurt of late. He meant a lot to the defense. He was a player the others looked to and was the soul of the Rams defense.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The #91 is like the #55 @ USC....All great Ram defensive players.....I wonder if anyone is wearing 91 now???

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
It's amazing to think how many great Rams players have worn #91. I'm glad Kevin Greene finally got into the Hall of Fame. Leonard Little switching to DE and #91 proved to be a good move. He was a force for years on defense. Then Long filled Little's shoes in 2010 when he switched from #72 to #91. Good stuff, Dave!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The #91 is like the #55 @ USC....All great Ram defensive players.....I wonder if anyone is wearing 91 now???
Not so far this season. I hope they don't this year. As kind of a tribute to Chris Long!(y);):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have a question. Do any of you collector " Of all things Rams" have any Videos or photos of these^ players scoring their "TD's" or Making their "Safeties"!? It would be great to see them!!
@-X- or Anybody!?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Nothing more beautiful than watching Kevin Greene sacking Joe Montana 4 times!

Here's one of Leonard Little from BG CB on YouTube. He puts up great Rams videos on his channel.

This video is of the Top 100 players of 2012. Chris Long was ranked #84 among all players.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Here's one of Leonard Little from BG CB on YouTube. He puts up great Rams videos on his channel.

This video is of the Top 100 players of 2012. Chris Long was ranked #84 among all players.

Sad to see that CL video. Such a great player. Why do so many of our guys fizzle out like that?
I am so afraid of the same thing happening with Quinn.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That's 'Killer'4 times in the 1st quarter!! WOW!
And My Man Chris "The Beast " Long!!
And then there's Lttle 5 sacks and a FF! Great video, and Williams return for a TD, Priceless!
Thanks for the Videos Leuzer!!

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sad to see that CL video. Such a great player. Why do so many of our guys fizzle out like that?
I am so afraid of the same thing happening with Quinn.

could be the prouduct of being a good player on a bad team .feeling you have you go even when you have a niggling injury then something happening in the game ,,,then boom