COUNT DOWN; Jersey #90

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
addon.jpg

This is another "Totally re-done thread" and I have a lot for you today!(y):D So I'll get right to it!
1st Up:
DT - Larry Brooks - 1972-1982
Brooks1.jpg

He was the Rams "14th" round Draft pick in 1972! He played in 131 games in 11 seasons for us.
Brooks2.jpg
He also Played in 11 playoff games and had 3 sacks in them.

Brooks3.jpg

He's a 5 time Pro Bowler and 1 time All Pro. His Pro Bowl years where 1976,'77, '78, '79, and 1980! Debatably the Rams most Dominant years as a Franchise!

NEXT UP:
LB - Mike McDonald - 1983-92
Mike McDonald1.jpg

He was with the Rams 8 seasons, 103 games, But where he got his stats was mainly as a Kick Returner.He had 12 RT's for 134 Yds./ an average of 11.2.
He also played in 8 playoff games.

NEXT UP:
LB - Ed Brady - 1984-1985

Ed Brady1.jpg
He wasn't with the Rams too long, But he did play in 16 regular season games, and 3 Playoff games. Stats wise he only managed 1 FR.

NEXT UP:
DT - Jeff Zgonina - 1997 & 1999-2002
Zgonina4.jpg

Jeff Played 5 season for the Rams, 1997 he left and came back in 1999 in time for the "GSOT"
Zgonina3.jpg
Zgonina1.jpg

He played in 76 games and had #FF's/6 FR's/ 12.5 sacks/ and 164 Tackles. He also played in 7 Playoff games and had 1 sack.

Zgonina5.jpg

" Does everyone remember this play he was in on!?!"

NEXT UP:
DT/DE - Sean Gilbert - 1992-1995
Gilbert1.jpg
It's weird but this is the only photo I could find of him!
A 1 time pro Bowler in 1993, he played 60 games for us and had 5FF's/@ FR's/ 24 sacks/ 205 Tackles/ and 1 safety.
Then for some reason in 1996 we traded him to the Redskins for their 1st round pick. ( #6 over all in'96) We ended up Picking Lawrence Phillips! ( another story for another day)

NEXT UP:
DE - Adam Carriker - 2007-2008
Carriker_1.jpg
Adam was a Rams 1st round pick,#13 over all. in his 2 seasons he played in 31 games he had 2 FR's/2 sacks/ 53 tackles/ and 1 safety.

Carriker2.jpg

Some would say, he was a "BUST!"
Carriker5.jpg

This is what can happen, we a player try to get even with his former Team!

NEXT UP:
DE George Selvie - 2011
George_Selvie1.jpg

George played for us at the end of the "Dark Years!"
He played in 16 games and managed 1.5 sacks/ and 19 Tackles.

AST MAN UP:
DT - Michael Brockers - 1012-Present
Michael-Brockers1.jpg

Our 1st round Draft pick #14 over all in 2012!
Michael-Brockers3.png
Michael+Brockers6.jpg

Going into his 5th season, 1st as a Full time starter, he's played in 61 games,

Brockers4.jpg

and he's had 2 FF's/ 1 FRR/ 14.5 sacks/ and 154 Tackles!
michaelbrocker5.jpg

But stats never show how much "Hustle" a man has!
MichaelBrockers2.jpg

I expect a lot from him this year!

That's it for me today! Let's see how many here can do better finding videos of these players than @Leuzer did in yesterdays thread! HE KILLED IT! In a very good way!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, well...Sean Gilbert will go down in infamy now..... LOL
I know what you mean! That's why I didn't comment on that Trade any further!:rolllaugh::D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Every time John Madden would do a Rams game he would talk about Jeff Zgonina's "cankles". He was very impressed by them.
OH! :LOL: Thank you!!!(y):mrburnsevil:

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Larry Brooks vs Patriots' John Hannah.

What's Super Bowl Champ Jeff Zgonina been up to these days? If you said show casing dogs, you hit the jackpot!

LOL at the dog shitting on the floor!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mike McDonald was a long snapper and a funny story how he ended up with the Rams...Rams were having trouble with their long snaps and John Robinson asked one of his assistants he brought with him from USC ( Hudson Houck) who did we have snapping the ball for us and they told him "Mike McDonald."

Robinson put in a call to McDonald who was painting houses and McDonald has a nice career with the Rams and I don't recall one bad snap. Keep in mind back then they did not list long snappers as a position so McDonald was always listed as a linebacker which I always found amusing.

3269-207Fr.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Larry Brooks vs Patriots' John Hannah.

What's Super Bowl Champ Jeff Zgonina been up to these days? If you said show casing dogs, you hit the jackpot!

LOL at the dog crapping on the floor!

Really Great stuff in these Videos Leuzer!!!!(y):wow:
55555.jpg
Fist Bump.gif
IMG_51954121005792.jpeg
winner1.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Mike McDonald was a long snapper and a funny story how he ended up with the Rams...Rams were having trouble with their long snaps and John Robinson asked one of his assistants he brought with him from USC ( Hudson Houck) who did we have snapping the ball for us and they told him "Mike McDonald."

Robinson put in a call to McDonald who was painting houses and McDonald has a nice career with the Rams and I don't recall one bad snap. Keep in mind back then they did not list long snappers as a position so McDonald was always listed as a linebacker which I always found amusing.

3269-207Fr.jpg
Great story Coach!!(y)(y) Thanks for sharing it!!

Anyone else got any more great memories!?

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Probably my favorite Michael Brockers play was this sack on Josh McCown in 2013. The officials threw the flag on Brockers saying he "roughed the passer" even though he hit him between the numbers with his head to the side. It was a bs call that led to a 14 point swing, but in the end it didn't matter. Still though, these are the kind of hits every Defensive Lineman dreams of!

mccownroughingcalled13rier.gif

tempests

Hall of Fame
DT/DE - Sean Gilbert - 1992-1995

Gilbert's 93 season was something to behold. 15 tackles against Green Bay, four sacks against the Steelers. At the time, perhaps only Reggie White imposed his will more often.

If only Sean's work ethic matched his immense skill set. Should've been an all time great.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, gentlemen when the ball bounces our way this year, you know that @DaveFan'51 will be working his magic from up above.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Gilbert's 93 season was something to behold. 15 tackles against Green Bay, four sacks against the Steelers. At the time, perhaps only Reggie White imposed his will more often.

If only Sean's work ethic matched his immense skill set. Should've been an all time great.
Ah, yes. Sean Gilbert, aka "Mr. September" -- he always started the season with a bang, then peetered out once the calendar flipped to October.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Probably my favorite Michael Brockers play was this sack on Josh McCown in 2013. The officials threw the flag on Brockers saying he "roughed the passer" even though he hit him between the numbers with his head to the side. It was a bs call that led to a 14 point swing, but in the end it didn't matter. Still though, these are the kind of hits every Defensive Lineman dreams of!

mccownroughingcalled13rier.gif

I was at that game, in the nosebleeds with my wife and damn near a whole section of Bear fans.

Seems like Tavon had a TD and Fisher’s defense went off!

Some sad Bear fans went home that day.

What a terrible call on Brockers!