Count-Down: Jersey #49

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This will be short and sweet. as very few have warn this jersey number, and I could find photos of ONLY two!

1st # 49 Ed Hughes: (1954-55)

Ed_Hughes1.jpg

He played in 1 Play-off game with the Rams. In 1955.

And My Last of today, A Big one! CB - Rod Perry: (1975-82)

Perry1.jpg

Rod had 28 Int's in his 8 Seasons with the Team.

Perry2.jpg
He also had 4 returned for Td's.
Perry & Stallworth.jpg

Perry4.jpg

This is from SB XXIV, Playing against Stallworth
Perry 1979.jpg

And Here's a Team photo of the SB XXIV Squad!

That's all for me today, Can you find More!? Comments? Gifs?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Brit Miller
225px-Brit_Miller.JPG

Richard Owens
220px-Richard_Owens_tight_end.jpg
Thanks for the post! I had them both on my list but I couldn't find photos of them!
* Miller Played for us from 2010-2012.
* Owens Played for the Rams in 2007.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a tough time watching this but here you go! I've always said if Perry was 1 inch taller the RAMS win the SB!:mad:
7bVxB9.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
* Owens Played for the Rams in 2007.

Owens will always be notorious for being the guy Milquetoast Linehan brought in from the Vikings to replace FB Madison Hedgecock who then went on to sign with the New York Giants and be part of their Super Bowl team that defeated the New England Patriots in 2008!

Milquetoast Linehan as I've posted many times before great coordinator, but could not motivate a large group and in fact was so uncomfortable in doing so stammered and closed his eyes when addressing the team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here are a couple more players to remember!
* DB/WR -Claude Crabb - 1966-1968
Claude Crabb chasing Rick Volt.jpg
That's him on the ground, to the right. He was chasing Rick Volt. ( Sorry, not flattering, but it's the only photo I could find of him!)
He played for the Rams 3 seasons and played 31 games he had 1 INT.for 23 Yds. / 1 FR. / and a Safety.

* DB - Mickwy Sutton - 1986-1988
Mickey Sutton1.jpg

In his 4 seasons with the team he played 50 games and was used as a PR and KR man. He had 45 PR's for 422 Yds. w/ a long of 46 Yds. and a 9.4 aver. he also had 9 KR's for 169 Yds. w/ a long of 25 Yds. and a aver. of 18.8 Yds.

These are the only photos I could find of these players, so IF anyone has any better ones I would like to see them!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
And My Last of today, A Big one! CB - Rod Perry: (1975-82)

perry1-jpg.8282

Rod had 28 Int's in his 8 Seasons with the Team.

perry2-jpg.8283
He also had 4 returned for Td's.
perry-stallworth-jpg.8284

perry4-jpg.8285

This is from SB XXIV, Playing against Stallworth

I have a tough time watching this but here you go! I've always said if Perry was 1 inch taller the RAMS win the SB!:mad:
7bVxB9.gif

excellent.....ahhh, memories....Perry...and Thomas....back the eff up.....and if you know you're not getting that ball, make the tackle....and where the hell is Nolan?!? Lost the damn game those 2.....I think Swann was out of the game at this point...why not double Stalworth?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just have a few stats to add on some of these Players.

* DB - Ed Hughes - 1954-1955
Ed_Hughes1.jpg

In his 2 seasons with the Rams played in 23 games and had 2 INT's for 24 Yds. / 1 Fumble / and 1 FR.

* CB - Rod Perry - 1975-1982

Perry & Stallworth.jpg

In his 8 seasons as a Ram he went to 2 Pro Bowls and played in 94 games. he had 28 INT's for 386 Yds. and 4 TD's w/ a long of 83 Yds. he also had 5 FR's for 66 Yds. I don't know how many Playoff games he played in but he was in SB XIV against Stallworth^ and the Steelers!

* FB - Britt Miller - 2010-2012
Brit_Miller1.jpg

In his 3 season on the team he played 30 games and had 5 Rushing Att's for 14 Yds. and 7 targets as a WR w/ 3 rec's for 41 Yds. and a aver. of 13.7 Yds.

* FB/TE - Richard Owens - 2007
Richard_Owens_1.jpg

In his 1 season he played in 14 games and had 2 Targets / 1 Rec for 9 Yds.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
7bVxB9.gif
Worse than that, T-Rex, Perry's leap was sufficient, but his hand-eye was a hair off. Look at the SI cover again. He should have swatted that thing, and had a small chance to pick it.

Kudos to Stallworth for his concentration. But, I echo, where was Cromwell with deep help?

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Our current #49 seems like an odd fit for this number. Something tells me that if Tevon Young recovers nicely from his college injury, and becomes the force we know he can be, he will be donning a different number in the future.

1 trev.jpg