Count-Down, continues,Jersey #64

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm Only going to post one man now, then I'll come back with a few other, lesser Players. I have a LOT To say about this Player!
One of the Best MLB's the Rams have ever had, Jack ' Hack-Saw' Reynolds:

Reynolds1st.jpg

Jack played 11Seasons for the Rams

Reynolds8.jpg

He played in 19 play-off games, with the Rams! ( 22 in his career, more on this later!)

Reynolds7.jpg

Reynolds5.jpg

I don't think, besides Les Richter, the Rams EVER had a better MLB
Reynolds4.jpg

Reynolds10.jpg

I wonder what he's saying to this ^ Player!

Reynolds9.jpg

If he had you, you weren't going anywhere!

Reynolds3.jpg

The Steelers, and especially Terry Bradshaw, knew they had to account for him!

Reynolds2.jpg

jack_reynolds_1977_12_11-750x256.jpg

jack_reynolds_1980_10_26.jpg

jack-hacksaw-reynolds.jpg

Bradshaw knew he had to account for Jack!

I was never more mad at the Rams than when they let Reynolds get away.
I wanted to put my foot through my TV when I heard the news. I knew it would come back to haunt us, and it did!!
Up to this point in history the 49ers had only won 3 div. titles ( from 1946-1980) then they got Reynolds!
He took a rookie by the name of Ronnie Lott, and taught him how to study Film and practice, FACT, and in the 4 years he was with the 9ers they won two SB's! My worst fears had come true!!

I'll be back, have to have a cig break!!

Last edited:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hacksaw is a traitor in my book. He left the Rams and signed with the 48ers'. He was a good player, but still a traitor.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
This is Garrett's dad isn't it?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now that I've cooled down! Here are the rest of our Note worthy #64's! DG/G/C - Stan West:

Stan_West.jpg

Two Time Pro Bowler, and an All Pro

Next OG - Roy Hood:

Hord & Arnett.jpg

Seen Here Blocking for the Great John Arnett!

Next we have OT/G - Gerald Perry:

Gerald Perry1.jpg

And OG - Keith Loneker:

Loneker1.jpg

And OG - Mike LaHood:

lahood-LA-rams.jpg

And my last one for today, The New Guy, OG - Andrew Donnal:

Donnal 1.jpg

andrew-donnal-rotator.jpg

donnal22.jpg

Donnal2.jpg

" Notice I did not include any of the MANY Photo-shopped photos of him posted here at ROD!:LOL:

Ok gents, your turn in the barrel, what do you have for me today!! Other photos? gifs? Comments? I know there's more out their in ROD Land!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hacksaw is a traitor in my book. He left the Rams and signed with the 48ers'. He was a good player, but still a traitor.
I don't know why he chose to leave, I hated it! But he did plat his heart out for us for the 11seasons he was here!!

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ubbaramfan said:
DaveFan'51 said:
I don't know why he chose to leave, I hated it! But he did plat his heart out for us for the 11seasons he was here!!

http://www.nytimes.com/1982/01/19/sports/reynolds-is-49ers-film-buff.html

I found this old New York Times article on Reynolds just before the Super Bowl 16 took place:

REYNOLDS IS 49ers' FILM BUFF
By FRANK LITSKY, REYNOLD S IS 49ers' FILM BUFF
Published: January 19, 1982

SOUTHFIELD, Mich., Jan. 18— Jack Reynolds of the San Francisco 49ers has been described as too old, too short and too slow to be a starting inside linebacker in the Super Bowl. He has also been described as too compulsive and too weird to play disciplined football at such a level.

He can be grumpy one moment and charming the next. He can answer questions with one word or tell tales that have one punch line after another.

At age 34, he is older than any 49er teammate or anyone on the Cincinnati Bengals, whom the 49ers play in the Super Bowl Sunday in Pontiac. He has never been fast. But he is smart. Bill Walsh, the 49er coach, calls him another coach on the field. The smarts have not come by accident. Reynolds may spend more hours watching game films than any other player in the National Football League. He is compulsive about preparation.

''I roomed with him in training camp,'' Craig Puki, the 49ers' other starting inside linebacker, said today at the team's Super Bowl quarters in this Detroit suburb. ''I was dreaming one night that someone was chasing me with a chain saw. I woke up in a cold sweat, and there was Jack sharpening pencils with an electric sharpener. I asked him why he was doing that at 3 A.M. He said he had to be ready for the team meeting at 9 A.M.'' First to Arrive, Last to Leave
Reynolds is usually the first 49er in the locker room in the morning and the last to leave at night. He sometimes stays late at night watching films. No one panics when the locker room opens in the morning and Reynolds is found stretched out on the floor, sound asleep.

''You kind of get a feel for the game watching film,'' said Reynolds. ''You get a rhythm, and there is always a certain rhythm in a game. I really haven't zeroed in yet on Cincinnati. There's plenty of time for that.''

Because Reynolds has played 12 years as a pro, teammates often ask him what he sees on film. They do not always get answers. ''I tell them the best thing for them is to watch the film themselves,'' said Reynolds. ''I have a different feel for the game than most people, because I've been in the game longer. What I see might not be right for them. I might tell them to look for this or that, and then something else happens and we get blown away.''

This is the second Super Bowl for Reynolds. The first was with the Los Angeles Rams, two years ago, his only pro team until he was unable to work out a new contract with them last summer. He became a free agent, and the 49ers signed him.

''How do I feel about the Rams?'' he said. ''I never heard of them.'' With regard to a Super Bowl, there would seem to be major differences between a veteran team like the old Rams and a team like the 49ers, who have only recently gained respectability. Reynolds said he found little difference, except that the added security on the hotel floors this year meant that he did not have to worry about thefts.

''Especially my movie projector,'' he said. ''I carry my own.'' Reynolds was hardly in a grumpy mood after the day's workout, though the grumpiness, he said, is common in football season. ''When I get to the Bahamas,'' he said, ''I'm not like that. My wife and I have just built a home there 40 yards from the water on San Salvador Island. That's where Columbus landed. Nobody calls you on the phone. They've got one radio-telephone on the island, and it's usually broken.

''People always ask me if I want to become a coach. Well, it depends if I can spend six months a year in the Bahamas.'' Reynolds is also always asked about his nickname, Hacksaw. It dates from 1969, when Mississippi beat his Tennessee team, 38-0, and kept Tennessee from an invitation to the Sugar Bowl. To vent his frustrations, Reynolds bought a hacksaw and 13 replacement blades and cut his 1953 Chevrolet in half. (It had no motor anyway). It took eight hours, and at th e end all the blades were broken. When he took friends the next da y to see his accomplishment, he found only the 13 broken b lades. Both halves of the car were gone. He still does not know wha t happened to them.

Reynolds has stopped telling that story. He had team officials make hundreds of copies, and he gives them to interviewers.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I respect your opinion, but this was the time the Rams became Georgia's team, and she made John Shaw his axe-man. Ferragamo left, Hacksaw left after the '80 season; because Georgia turned the Rams into her private accessory. Bloody cheapskate owner.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not too much to add Today!
* MLB - Jack 'Hack-Saw Reynolds - 1970-1980
jack-hacksaw-reynolds64a.jpg

In his 11 seasons with the Rams he played in 145 games and had 4 INT's for 87 yards w/ a long of 49 yards. and 13 FR's for 18 yards and 1 TD! Oddly in all these games and 19 post Season game and 2 Pro Bowls w the Rams He Never had a recorded sack! ( He had 1 as a 49er)

* MG - Stan West-1952-1954
Stan_West1.jpg

Back in Stan's day they called his Position 'Middle Guard'. in his 5 Seasons with the Rams he had 2 INT's and 1 FR. But he did make it to the Pro Bowl in 1952!

* OG - Roy Hood -1991-1992
Hood & Arnett1.jpg

He may have only had 2 FR's in his 3 seasons and 37 games with the Rams, BUT He did make the Cover of "SI" w/ Arnett!

* OG - Mike LaHood - 1969 and 1971-1972
lahood1.jpg

in his 3 seasons with the rams he played in 37 games, and he did distinguish himself by having 1 KR for 25 yards!

* Lastly:
* OG Andrew Donnel - 2015-Present
Donnal2.jpg

I know I should have dug up a game photo of him, but I got Lazy!
He's been in 5 games for us, I hope he steps-it-up-a-notch this year!!