Couldn't have gone to the Super Bowl without...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Wouldn't have gone to the Super Bowl without...

• Kurt Warner

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Marshall Faulk

Votes: 56 65.1%
  • Orlando Pace

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Isaac Bruce

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Torry Holt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Trying to come up with discussion topics during the black hole of the NFL season.

Of the poll options (and only the poll options) who do you think was the most pivotal to the Rams' success during the 1999 season? Meaning, if that guy wasn't playing, there's no way they get to the Super Bowl.

Kurt Warner came out of nowhere to ignite the offense. What if Vermeil signed Hofstetler instead?
Isaac Bruce had 12 tds and 1165 yards. What happens is his hamstring flared up that year?
Torry Holt was a great rookie, and took pressure off of Bruce. What if they drafted David Boston instead?
Marshall Faulk had over 2000 yards from scrimmage. Would any other back have done as well?
Orlando Pace kept Kurt Warner's blind side protected. What if he went down with a knee injury?

Conceivably, all of them are logical choices, but you can only pick one.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Gotta go with Pace, it all starts up front and without a dominant LT I don't think Martz' scheme is half as effective.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
We'll never know if Green would have been as effective as Kurt, or good enough to help win games. But without Marshall, I don't see it happening. He was the amazing talent on that team loaded with great talent.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think there's any way that offense clicks without Bruce on the outside. What do they have then? Ricky Proehl, a rookie Holt, and Az Hakim.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Damn! Toughest poll I ever took. What a Team!!

Gotta go Marshal, but they're all worthy.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
All those guys were a huge part of the offense. But from where I sit,,, without Kurt,,, no Super Bowl.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Any of them. But with Green going down, Warner would have been the biggest loss.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm an offensive lineman and in 1999 Orlando set the Pace!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Kurt, but they all played a huge part. Without Warner doing what he did, no way, no how.

On to the other question.....Couldn't go to a Superbowl without.... tailgating first.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Trent Green put up great numbers when Warner went down in 2000. I think he would have been just fine in that offense. But Faulk is what made the GSOT possible.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Any of them. But with Green going down, Warner would have been the biggest loss.
Does Warner do as well without Bruce out there?

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Marshal Faulk. The very first meeting he interrupted Martz and asked why people were in the mtg room without pens. Marshal wasnt going to have any of the old losing ways