Could this be John Fassel's last game with the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
jrry I have to defer to you on football knowledge but I think this is a battle I would pick. you can't have your veteran leadership laying on the floor eating Cheetos it shows a great lack of respect. if the younger players are looking for an leadership that's not what I would want.
Dude believes mermaids are real and dinosaurs didn't exist. He isn't all there to begin with. But that's on the coaching staff allowing a player to do that.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
The most significant thing for me is when you look at the DLs who have joined this team, almost every single one of them became a better player while here (Quinn, Donald, Brockers, Hayes, Sims, Westbrooks, Fairley, Easley, Langford, Cam Thomas, Longacre, etc.). Even the guys who ended up leaving (Langford and Fairley, for example) showed they became better players while with this team.

That's a guy who is doing his job. There's a reason why he's thought of as one of the top 5 DL Coaches in the league.

we must be looking at this differently because I see Quinn, hayes, sims and i'll add long as getting worse. brockers is just coming into his prime he should be getting better. westbrook and longacre should get better just from more experience. fairley , Easley and thomas were let go by former teams and that might have been a wake up call. Donald has been in the league long enough that he is getting double and triple teamed now but still his production is down. as far as being considered top 5 wasn't boudrow (sp) considered right up there but now almost every one thinks he's lost it. maybe fisher's wanting to be a players coach influenced this df but almost every one thought the df would be top 10 or even top 5 and I bet they are bottom third now. I don't know these coaches like you but just from a production stand point I would keep fassel only

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams are so enamored with Fassel, why not sign him to an extension? If the new HC doesn't want him, they can let him go

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They get paid to play 4 qtrs. When your offense gets you a lead with 5 or less minutes to go, you need to finish your job.

I tend to lean this way too.

The defense has had some golden opportunities to win a game or two...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry I have to defer to you on football knowledge but I think this is a battle I would pick. you can't have your veteran leadership laying on the floor eating Cheetos it shows a great lack of respect. if the younger players are looking for an leadership that's not what I would want.

If you try to act like their high school football coach, they'll tune you out. It's training camp. You give them some leeway. Waufle's track record is what it is for a reason. He understands the battles worth fighting. Giving poor effort on the field is a battle worth fighting. Whether or not Hayes sits in a chair isn't a battle worth fighting.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
we must be looking at this differently because I see Quinn, hayes, sims and i'll add long as getting worse.

Hayes, Sims, and Long got old. Hayes came here as a depth addition and grew into a solid starter. Chris Long was already an established player. He was the same player until injuries piled up and he got old.

You see Quinn getting worse? When Waufle got here, Quinn was a promising rookie coming off a 5 sack season. Over Waufle's first 3 years with the Rams, Quinn posted 10.5 sacks, 19 sacks, and 10.5 sacks. Not much Waufle can do about Quinn being unable to stay healthy the past two years.

Waufle is just a coach. Waufle can teach guys how to play better. But he can't prevent injuries or fight off father time.

brockers is just coming into his prime he should be getting better. westbrook and longacre should get better just from more experience. fairley , Easley and thomas were let go by former teams and that might have been a wake up call. Donald has been in the league long enough that he is getting double and triple teamed now but still his production is down.

It's kind of easy to claim that a guy isn't a great coach if you refuse to give him credit for players getting better. As we've seen with the OL, guys don't just get better with experience. They get better with coaching.

And I'm not sure how anyone here could think Donald is anything but an elite player. I don't care what his production is.

as far as being considered top 5 wasn't boudrow (sp) considered right up there but now almost every one thinks he's lost it. maybe fisher's wanting to be a players coach influenced this df but almost every one thought the df would be top 10 or even top 5 and I bet they are bottom third now. I don't know these coaches like you but just from a production stand point I would keep fassel only

Boudreau had a good track record. He wasn't considered a top 5 OL Coach. But he was considered a quality one. However, the results of his unit show that he's not that anymore.

The difference between Boudreau and Waufle is that Boudreau's players haven't gotten better with experience. And our big FA additions have been duds.

Agree to disagree on Waufle.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

I remember that scene, and I believe Hayes was laying down with some sort of rehabilitation device on his legs.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
If you try to act like their high school football coach, they'll tune you out. It's training camp. You give them some leeway. Waufle's track record is what it is for a reason. He understands the battles worth fighting. Giving poor effort on the field is a battle worth fighting. Whether or not Hayes sits in a chair isn't a battle worth fighting.

jrry one question do you think anyone would be setting on the floor eating Cheetos in a belicheat class room? you certainly know more then me about position coaches and maybe we have some good ones that are victims of fishers country club camp. so anyway all I can go on is your thoughts and teams production and fassel's unit is the only one that has produced up to expectations so I take fassel and agree with you on waufle

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I look forward to the day when our special teams coach and punter aren't the best part of the Rams.

This is fucking misery.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
7e81c750-83dc-4ef3-a15f-9928cbf786f0.png

Rams interim coach John Fassel read his team The Stonecutter's Creedo today, then handed a copy of it to each player. He read it to the media later. It teaches about continuing to plug away, even if the benefits are not immediately noticeable. Fassel wanted the players to think about this before their last game. "All the blows that we're delivering right now -- maybe next year it pays off, and maybe next year, the 101st blow is when we finally break through."

Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpOjj4YD8c

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can tell you that probably 20 teams will be lining up to grab up Fassel if we let him go.

If Demoff doesn't retain Bones, I have little faith he's going to succeed in bringing in a successful HC.

Retaining good talent is perhaps even more important than acquiring it...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
7e81c750-83dc-4ef3-a15f-9928cbf786f0.png

Rams interim coach John Fassel read his team The Stonecutter's Creedo today, then handed a copy of it to each player. He read it to the media later. It teaches about continuing to plug away, even if the benefits are not immediately noticeable. Fassel wanted the players to think about this before their last game. "All the blows that we're delivering right now -- maybe next year it pays off, and maybe next year, the 101st blow is when we finally break through."

Alden Gonzalez/ESPN Staff Writer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSpOjj4YD8c

Loo m
The problem with that is that It's been too long without results...Maybe that credo works with a new coach, but the lack of any significant progress is why they finally gave up on Fisher...

…..

Legend
Our special teams are good, not great. We arent lighting up the league with return TD's despite having an electrfying punt returner. We have outstanding kickers so thats not a coaching thing.

It wont matter to me wether Fassel stays or goes. To the entire staff, thanks for the memories.

A new era begins soon.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have outstanding kickers so thats not a coaching thing.

Really? No coaching required for them? Somehow, I don't think so.

Bottom line to me is: The Rams STs are solid and dependable.

Last edited:

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I can tell you that probably 20 teams will be lining up to grab up Fassel if we let him go.

If Demoff doesn't retain Bones, I have little faith he's going to succeed in bringing in a successful HC.

Retaining good talent is perhaps even more important than acquiring it...
Demoff will have nothing to do with Fassel. Whatever HC that is chosen will choose his coaching staff and will have to decide if Fassel is a coach he wants on his team.

You aren't going to hire a HC by handcuffing him to unwanted staff.

…..

Legend
Good special teams. Not great. Its not like we have a rare and precious jewel.