Could the Rams transition to a passing offense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I realize this is just as premature as discussing whether Davis is going to succeed, however I do think that what Fisher wants in his offense--a power running game--may not be the future of this offense. It's ludicrous to even suggest, right?

Well... Last year Schotty tried to open things up and it failed miserably, contributing to a slow start. But for whatever reason, it seems to me that this offense now has a deep and talented group of pass catchers that may be ready for that kind of thing. Note that I do not think Fish is going to give him a green light to start slinging it all over the joint, rather I am saying that if AD continues like he has the passing game is going to be a strength for this offensive team.

Given that, this offense may start to shift gradually, as the wins start coming, to one that clearly throws the ball and throws it well on early downs. To an offense that is simplistically put a passing offense. I don't think Fish will actively try to stop that provided the wins start coming due to this offense hanging points on teams.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If you go back and rewatch the Rams v Titans SB I think you'll see just how committed to running the ball Fisher is.then that he drafted Tre Mason , I think the offense will continue to look like this and the only thing that will make us pass happy will be attending to how a game is going IOW by necessity.

I expect to see some action for Mason and GROB Sunday,not that I am on the we gotta play them now bandwagon, but I'm thinking we run and run this Sunday and do all we can to control the clock and keep their offense off the field .
I'm hoping we have 200 yards rushing and 250 passing

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In Austin Davis We Trust!
hi-res-178354507-quarterback-austin-davis-of-the-st-louis-rams-in-action_crop_north.jpg

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I don't really foresee a pass happy O in our near future under Fisher.

But I sure DO see a balanced pass/run attack. There has been a clear philosophy of pushing the ball down the field since camp by ALL QB's. So I think it's safe to say that it's here to stay.

I'm beyond pleased with this evolution on O. A team that can threaten with either the run OR the pass is a very dangerous team, indeed.

iced

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

we were only a running team when limited by kellen clemens

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
We're a balanced team. We can pass the ball when we want to, but we also run the ball a lot too. It's going to continue to be like that under Fisher, but sometimes game plans will have us do different things. Primarily it's going to be a run first play-action balanced offense though, and I don't think we're going to change.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I hope not, we should be an exploit opposing defenses' weakness type offense (balanced offense in short) We have the talent to have a good passing and run game, being one-dimensional is a recipe for disaster.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I just want a balanced offense that make the opposition defend the WHOLE field and then takes what they give us.

Athos

Legend
I think we have a good balance right now. Though Stacy could perhaps be run more. Davis takes his shots downfield for sure. I don't think we need to go anymore pass heavy than we already are. 25 attempts, 30 max, if about what you want to see unless you're facing really poor passing defenses you can exploit more.

LooNaTik83

Could? No they can, but being a well rounded team can go much further. I rather the defense and offense have the same passion of being the best and be a well oiled machine and work in unison.