Could the Rams & 9ers hook up on each teams trade desires?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It was reported yesterday that the 9ers were looking to trade up. Snead has shown his fondness for trading down for extra bonified selections & Fisher having the stones to do whatever he wants. The 9ers have 13 selections!

"NFL.com reported that the 9ers want to trade up into the high teens in the first round of the draft.What is interesting is that the 49ers are looking for depth, including some more talent along the already solid defensive line, as well as a good player to line up in two tight end sets with Vernon Davis. Moving up into the early teens could help them land players like DT Sheldon Richardson, DT Sylvester Williams or TE Tyler Eifert."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.examiner.com/article/49ers-trade-up-san-francisco-looking-to-move-up-the-2013-nfl-draft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.examiner.com/article/49ers-t ... -nfl-draft</a>

Of course it all depends on who is slipping closer to the Rams @ #16 on Thursday evening. Rams have a very very slim chance of being lucky enough to land a failing road grader of a OLG like Chance Warmack or RB/Slot/RM Tavon Austin who would be my choices @ #16. If those two are off the boards & if the 9ers have sights on the best TE in the draft or one of those DL'ers or even a 34 Lb'er Jarvis Jones. I for one would be in great desire to trade down. If the 9ers were making every attempt to land two big impact players in the first round I would make them an offer.

Trade two 1st Round picks #16 & #22 for five picks (1/#31, 2/#34, 2/#61, 3/#74 & 3/#93) just about equal in draft value points. This would give them what they desire so badly & it would put Snead & Fisher in a position to control the draft on Friday night. Sure would sacrifice all our first night excitement but a much more bigger safer bang would come on Friday. Most Ram fans would not give up first night action but I have the patience for later rewards myself. the talent level difference is not that great from what would be available @ #16 or #22 than what would be available @ #31 or #34.

If you told the 9ers they could get DT Richardson & NT Williams in this draft to fill their critical holes in that front 3 they would do it plus it leaves the 9ers still with a total of ten (10) selections. What are they going to do with all those picks anyway waste them or invest them.
Places the rams in position to trade for larger rewards as needed depending on if those late first round value QB's ....still remaining on the draft board after the 30th pick where the Rams have #31 & #34 selections!

Rams have many needs in this young roster. Starting posts have big questions @ OLG, SSLB, FS, RB & WR. Reserves spots @ Swing OT, Slot, WSLB, CB, SS & OC are also needs.

Main thing it would provide Snead & Fisher to be mobile up or down the boards in control! Rams maintaining 1/#31, 2/#34, 2/#46, 2/#61, 3/#74, 3/#78, 3/#93 makes good sense to me. We will see.

nighttrain

Legend
Re: Could the Rams & 9ers hook up on each teams trade desire

BonifayRam said:
It was reported yesterday that the 9ers were looking to trade up. Snead has shown his fondness for trading down for extra bonified selections & Fisher having the stones to do whatever he wants. The 9ers have 13 selections!

"NFL.com reported that the 9ers want to trade up into the high teens in the first round of the draft.What is interesting is that the 49ers are looking for depth, including some more talent along the already solid defensive line, as well as a good player to line up in two tight end sets with Vernon Davis. Moving up into the early teens could help them land players like DT Sheldon Richardson, DT Sylvester Williams or TE Tyler Eifert."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.examiner.com/article/49ers-trade-up-san-francisco-looking-to-move-up-the-2013-nfl-draft" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.examiner.com/article/49ers-t ... -nfl-draft</a>

Of course it all depends on who is slipping closer to the Rams @ #16 on Thursday evening. Rams have a very very slim chance of being lucky enough to land a failing road grader of a OLG like Chance Warmack or RB/Slot/RM Tavon Austin who would be my choices @ #16. If those two are off the boards & if the 9ers have sights on the best TE in the draft or one of those DL'ers or even a 34 Lb'er Jarvis Jones. I for one would be in great desire to trade down. If the 9ers were making every attempt to land two big impact players in the first round I would make them an offer.

Trade two 1st Round picks #16 & #22 for five picks (1/#31, 2/#34, 2/#61, 3/#74 & 3/#93) just about equal in draft value points. This would give them what they desire so badly & it would put Snead & Fisher in a position to control the draft on Friday night. Sure would sacrifice all our first night excitement but a much more bigger safer bang would come on Friday. Most Ram fans would not give up first night action but I have the patience for later rewards myself. the talent level difference is not that great from what would be available @ #16 or #22 than what would be available @ #31 or #34.

If you told the 9ers they could get DT Richardson & NT Williams in this draft to fill their critical holes in that front 3 they would do it plus it leaves the 9ers still with a total of ten (10) selections. What are they going to do with all those picks anyway waste them or invest them.
Places the rams in position to trade for larger rewards as needed depending on if those late first round value QB's ....still remaining on the draft board after the 30th pick where the Rams have #31 & #34 selections!

Rams have many needs in this young roster. Starting posts have big questions @ OLG, SSLB, FS, RB & WR. Reserves spots @ Swing OT, Slot, WSLB, CB, SS & OC are also needs.

Main thing it would provide Snead & Fisher to be mobile up or down the boards in control! Rams maintaining 1/#31, 2/#34, 2/#46, 2/#61, 3/#74, 3/#78, 3/#93 makes good sense to me. We will see.
I was thinking a very similar thot this morning, just dont know about trading with the Whiners...But what ever Fish and Snead do, i'm on board. Love all the extra picks though, and if Austin and which ever player we have slotted in the first gone, in this draft a lot tools & jewels in the 2nd & 3rd round..
train

bluecoconuts

Legend

The only thing I'd send to the whiners is a bowl of shit.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

bluecoconuts said:

That's way too generous. :hehe:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Selassie I said:
bluecoconuts said:

That's way too generous. :hehe:

This.... ALL this.

So we're supposed to trade with the whiners for essentially equal value so that they can finish building their D-line to make it elite? First off, I'm not sure how we even consider them or the cocks as trade partners. Second.... FUCK the whiners. Let them eat that bowl of shit Blue is offering them. They can finish it off with a piss soda.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

9ers will trade up no matter what hate we ROD'ers throw on them. Why not make it benefit the Rams more? Thinking denying 9ers & sending them something nasty will help their demise? I am of the opinion a stronger Ram team will help their demise more.

Question is what benefits this Ram team in the future? Sad fact that the 9ers are in position to trade to most anywhere they want to be and not be hurt in any way. So if they are going up to where we are why not improve the Rams 2013 overall draft in the process? :hehe:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

BonifayRam said:
9ers will trade up no matter what hate we ROD'ers throw on them. Why not make it benefit the Rams more? Thinking denying 9ers & sending them something nasty will help their demise? I am of the opinion a stronger Ram team will help their demise more.

Question is what benefits this Ram team in the future? Sad fact that the 9ers are in position to trade to most anywhere they want to be and not be hurt in any way. So if they are going up to where we are why not improve the Rams 2013 overall draft in the process? :hehe:

There's just something sacrilegious about trading with your division rivals and I think that is why you rarely see it done. I don't think I could stomach it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

BonifayRam said:

I get what you are saying. Whatever helps the Rams most is what we should do. But I'm a fan so I can say fuck the whiners knowing full well better football minds will make the trade if it is in the team's best interest.

I still don't think you make this trade with your division rival. I know everyone says the draft is not spectacular at the top and deep throughout but do you really want to be responsible for giving your rival the tools to draft very likely stud DTs with YOUR picks?

Also, they know what our holes are as well as we do. Do you really think Harbaugh wouldn't move a player up one place to get him ahead of us? They can trade their picks and move up. They probably will. But I think they expend more picks than this article suggests by trading with someone else. We then keep our position, get better talent, and let them weaken their draft more by trading with another team or two who have one 1st rounder each.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

RamFan503 said:
I get what you are saying. Whatever helps the Rams most is what we should do. But I'm a fan so I can say freak the whiners knowing full well better football minds will make the trade if it is in the team's best interest.

I still don't think you make this trade with your division rival. I know everyone says the draft is not spectacular at the top and deep throughout but do you really want to be responsible for giving your rival the tools to draft very likely stud DTs with YOUR picks?

Also, they know what our holes are as well as we do. Do you really think Harbaugh wouldn't move a player up one place to get him ahead of us? They can trade their picks and move up. They probably will. But I think they expend more picks than this article suggests by trading with someone else. We then keep our position, get better talent, and let them weaken their draft more by trading with another team or two who have one 1st rounder each.

I fully understand where you are coming from but the only reason for any consideration of trading out of #16 or #22 would be due to a lack of "better talent". As I said in my original post I just feel that your supposed better fitting talent will not be there. Thus the desire to get the hell out regroup with additional picks Friday!

Oh by the way nice dog! I have three sorry pot lickers myself that will not let me leave the property with out being in my truck. One of them can drive better than me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

BonifayRam said:
I fully understand where you are coming from but the only reason for any consideration of trading out of #16 or #22 would be due to a lack of "better talent". As I said in my original post I just feel that your supposed better fitting talent will not be there. Thus the desire to get the hell out regroup with additional picks Friday!

Oh by the way nice dog! I have three sorry pot lickers myself that will not let me leave the property with out being in my truck. One of them can drive better than me.

Yeah - you may be right but it would still give me great pause. I'm not saying don't trade out but the whiners have enough picks that they could parlay our picks into others to make sure they got the key player they covet. I'm fine with trading out if our target is gone. I'm just not convinced that will be the case and I would hate to see the whiners spring board our picks into one that sets their line for many years to come. It's one thing to improve your team but another to do it with 3rd round talent while you give the tools to a division rival (that you play twice each and every year) to kill your offense.

Yeah - Sam has his moments. Huh... where have I heard THAT before? He is a maniac of an athlete though. You should see him at the beach. Other than that? Pretty much a waste of good dog food. He has my wife wrapped around his little paw though so I guess he can stay. :sly:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

bluecoconuts said:
The only thing I'd send to the whiners is a bowl of shyte.

How about a coffee maker from the combine?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

RamsSince1969 said:
bluecoconuts said:

Great idea 69 !

There's a reason I say that too,,, I don't know if you saw this or not...
But according to a very reliable source (Doc), the coffee pot "nuke" was compliments of Mr Les Snead. Excellent draft strategy if you ask me.

I'm positive he would approve of it being presented to the whiners as an Unexpected Bonus.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

I am very opposed to trading with the enemy. BUT, if we could take them to the cleaners in the trade, then I'm all for it.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

I'd only trade with them if they gave us every pick they have in the first three rounds that isn't a compensation pick. Otherwise? Fuck the Whiners. I'd rather eat Rex Ryan's shoes.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

bluecoconuts said:
:lmao:
Nice. I vote for sheep shit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

RamsSince1969 said:
bluecoconuts said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RamsNation

Rookie

Yea I'm not down for trading with the 49ers.All though those picks would be nice and help us alot,at the same time those picks for them could just put them over the top.Like over the top where nobody could beat them and that's a risk I'm not willing to take.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

bluecoconuts said:

Didn't we already send Dahl? :rofl:

nighttrain

Legend

Ramhusker said:
BonifayRam said:

There's just something sacrilegious about trading with your division rivals and I think that is why you rarely see it done. I don't think I could stomach it.
Well, the Seachickens and Whiners have no trouble scoopin up our FA, and that's a nasty bit of history...just sayin
train

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

shaunpinney said:
bluecoconuts said:

Didn't we already send Dahl? :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: