Could the GSOT Beat the Current Seahawks D? --Vermeil Audio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
They would probably hold them to under 25. But I think Faulk would slice them up.

FRO

Legend
With today's rules they couldn't be stopped. They would need Vermiel as HC to balance the pass and run.

Athos

Legend
No. The GSTO happened when you could REALLY STILL playing some MUTHAFRIGGEN defense.

No horse shit of today where you can't even caress the QB, touch a WR, or deliver a huge hit.

That offense would embarrass the so-called elite Ds of this day and age.

I bet the GSOT could drop 30+ on the Hags.

Faulk is still a RB like no other imo. And elite route runners against Sherman? Hah. Holt and Bruce would eat that fucker alive.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
In 1999 playoffs, Faulk averaged 13 carries . . . that's with Vermeil to "balance" run and pass.
in 2001 playoffs Faulk averaged 22 carries . . . without that "balance".

upload_2015-1-27_14-24-31.png

FRO

Legend
No. The GSTO happened when you could REALLY STILL playing some MUTHAFRIGGEN defense.

No horse crap of today where you can't even caress the QB, touch a WR, or deliver a huge hit.

That offense would embarrass the so-called elite Ds of this day and age.

I bet the GSOT could drop 30+ on the Hags.

Faulk is still a RB like no other imo. And elite route runners against Sherman? Hah. Holt and Bruce would eat that freaker alive.
Faulk is the part that no other great recent offense has had. Many great offenses have had great passing games. But we had an elite passing game and the leagues best RB.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Huh? Our terrible O this year beat their D - so wtf?
amazing, huh? Rams beat them in 2012 and in 2013 . . . well, on the MNF debacle, JL screwing up on the long TD to Taint, plus Clemens two picks and then the screw up at the goalline to end the game. In the dome we're 2-1 last three years and 0-3 in Seattle.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Great hearing from the Coach! He sure didn't mix words when asked if the GSOT could beat the 'Hags! Really good interview!

lockdnram21

Legend
I think a herman would be able to some what cover Bruce bit Holt would give him problems because of his speed

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No contest with today's rules. Warner would be in a clean pocket all day, Marshall would probably have 200+ yards from scrimmage, Ike and Torry double digit catches for both of them Az torching them on ST.

Like I Said No Contest

SierraRam

Recreational User
The GSOT beat a great D in Tampa Bay!

If the Seahawks get to hold the receivers and record our practices, they might beat us by 3 points.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
It'd be like the Broncos last year with better RB AND A QB WITH A BETTER ARM

Which beggs the question is the Hawks d as good as Tampas

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think with all the motion Martz would throw at them, it would be very difficult for their corners to press our WR's, and once they got moving through their secondary, their quickness would get them open time and time again. They might give us some trouble in the red zone, but I think we could get a few deeper strikes.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
I know Vermeil was asked of the GSOT vs the Hawks (LOB), but some forget how good the 1999 defense was too. #1 in run defense, #1 in sacks, #2 in INT, and #4 in PPG, and #4 in total defense. Carter led the league in sacks. Defense had 8 defensive TDs. Not to mention we had 3 TDs in the return game (2 KR by Horne, 1 PR by Hakim).

When people think of the GSOT they think offense, but the show wasn't just on offense. All 11 men on the field at any time (O, D, ST) could put on a show.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I know Vermeil was asked of the GSOT vs the Hawks (LOB), but some forget how good the 1999 defense was too. #1 in run defense, #1 in sacks, #2 in INT, and #4 in PPG, and #4 in total defense. Carter led the league in sacks. Defense had 8 defensive TDs. Not to mention we had 3 TDs in the return game (2 KR by Horne, 1 PR by Hakim).

When people think of the GSOT they think offense, but the show wasn't just on offense. All 11 men on the field at any time (O, D, ST) could put on a show.
I was thinking the same thing, just didn't remember to post it!!!(Old age is catching up to me!)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

All true. Offenses can help defenses and vise verse. Some of those stats would have been attributable to the other teams' offenses always having to come from behind so they became largely one dimensional. It is kind of why I always felt our defense under Spags was so much better than it actually seemed. The defense almost never got to play with a real lead.

So I ask you: How good can this defense be if our offense gets it figured out?