Could The 3 Top Ot's Go With The Top 6 Picks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some people will get excited watching the O-linemen and TE's today but tomorrow when the RB's, QB's, and WR's are showcased, their attention will be refocused on them. When it all comes out in the wash, after everyone's been seen and written about, come the draft itself -........

I don't know Prime Time I did not know there were other NFL positions like RB's, QB's & WR's .....:D.....I would be happy with 11 OL'ers on offense but I have not been right for many years anyway!o_O

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I don't know Prime Time I did not know there were other NFL positions like RB's, QB's & WR's .....:D.....I would be happy with 11 OL'ers on offense but I have not been right for many years anyway!o_O
Ah, a variation on Linehan's 11 TE offense.

Crafty...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Matthews, Robinson are in the top 6 for sure, but Lewan may have made a push for that today. He had a great combine, but I still like Robinson for our team, and then Matthews at a very close #2. Do they belong in the top 6, yes, but this is a deep draft, and a lot of teams need QB's. Right now, Matthews is the best o-lineman in this draft.

iced

I agree with the Atlanta situation of big need @ the DE post Pass Rusher! They will also suffer UFA losses too. I just feel strongly that if the Texans do go QB as most all think then DE/OSLB'er Jadeveon Clowney is there for whomever wants to trade to get him! Barr may be a reach @ #6 to be a 43 DE pass rusher Mack is the best LB'er period but none are pure 43 DE's like Jadeveon. Atlanta can also used a Gerald Robinson in that OL too Ryan took a big beating in 2013.

Atlanta & StLouis have trust respect with each other in the top offices. Atlanta must come up with @ least 1000 draft value pts in a trade from #6 to #2. That would include a 1st rounder in 2015 and a second in 2014. I would hope that this situation would develop if the Browns will not offer up the 800 plus point value to trade up from #4 to #2.

eh value chart kinda went out the window awhile ago imo... it really comes down to what each team feels the prospect is worth.. i truly wonder if we can get another 1

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
eh value chart kinda went out the window awhile ago imo... it really comes down to what each team feels the prospect is worth.. i truly wonder if we can get another 1

Not with Snead check out all the trades he has made. Most of them all fall into that old draft value chart some right to the same figure points with one big exception the RG3 trade take a look at it you will be amazed & surprised.

iced

Not with Snead check out all the trades he has made. Most of them all fall into that old draft value chart some right to the same figure points with one big exception the RG3 trade take a look at it you will be amazed & surprised.

he also told the cowboys before the trade that it wouldn't take much to move up

tonyl711

Starter
I think the first 4 picks will be 3 QBs and Clowney, Mathews and Robinson might go 5 and 6, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Watkins at 5 or 6 either, I think Lewan might be there at #13.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My verdict? No. Two OTs in the top 6 is possible. I think the chances of three are slim to none. I think Clowney is a top 6 lock and I think at least one QB goes top 6...more likely 2. On top of that, you have Mack, Barr, Watkins and others vying for those slots. I don't see Lewan going top 6. Think he'll go somewhere between picks #10 and #15.

But it is possible I guess.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
Assuming no trade down which option looks better long term for the Rams:

Option 1 - 1.2 Jadaveon Clowney or S.Watkins & 1.13 Taylor Lewan
Option 2 - 1.2 Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson & 1.13 M.Evans or H.Clinton-Dix

My vote is option 1 because the upside of the Jadaveon Clowney or S. Watkins seems so much higher than Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson. Just remember the 3 tackles picked at the top last year - while they may all end up being solid starters - does anything think they are going to be studs for many year to come. Also Taylor Lewan appears to be in same ballpark as Matthews or Robinson based on the combine today.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

My vote is option 1 because the upside of the Jadaveon Clowney or S. Watkins seems so much higher than Jake Matthews or Greg Robinson. Just remember the 3 tackles picked at the top last year - while they may all end up being solid starters - does anything think they are going to be studs for many year to come. Also Taylor Lewan appears to be in same ballpark as Matthews or Robinson based on the combine today.

I sure like the Option #2 looks like WR Evans is looking real good in the combine.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl

I'd go for Option 2. Clowney would be great but we have far bigger needs at guard and LT, while Long has ongoing injury concerns, than we do at defensive end. Matthews or Robinson can fill that void; Lewan projects as a tackle only and isn't going to be as good as either of the other two. Watkins is a good player but nowhere near worthy of the number two pick; he isn't going to be Megatron 2.0, no matter how much his acolytes rave about him. Evans at 13 makes more sense than Watkins at 2, although I'd personally take Clinton-Dix with thirteen, as we have a huge need at safety whereas our young receiving corps should be given another year to develop.