Could Sam Bradford Be Primed for a Joe Flacco-Esque Extension?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I tend to agree.

Bradford will get paid, but I don't see him as the type to squeeze every dollar out.

I could be wrong. But that's my suspicion.

EDIT: and... If he works out a fair deal, he'll earn a lot of fans in STL. That city appreciates it's sports heroes, especially those that "return the favor". Albert Pujols gave up something money can't buy when he left STL.
I like Sam but he hasn't shown or mentioned any hint of team generosity so far, so I wouldn't expect it going forward. Remember Bradford has the worst agent in the NFL -- if you define "worst" here as in most player-centric, least team-friendly.

A fun comparison of two possibilities of QBs financial paths is here, read it knowing that Bradford's agent is Peyton Manning's: http://overthecap.com/earnings-comparisons-tom-brady-vs-peyton-manning/

The key part: "it also shows the big difference between having an absolute shark as an agent versus a good agent. Manning is repped by Tom Condon and CAA who are pretty much the premier QB agency. They go to battle in the negotiating room and usually come out on top. Brady’s team came to mutually beneficial agreements while Manning’s pretty much put the boots to the throats of the Colts and Broncos."

If Bradford becomes great as he hopefully will this year, I would expect him to "put the boots" to the Rams financial throat again. Bradford will always get paid as much or more than his level or performance because of his agent. If he becomes great the Rams will pay thru the nose or he will leave as a free agent in two years. This doesn't make him any more evil than Peyton Manning is evil, I think it's just the reality.