Could RG3 be cut?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If I'm the Rams - I'm giving him a good hard look. Yeah, he looks a mess but sometimes guys just need that change of scenery and if he gets right .....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If I'm the Rams - I'm giving him a good hard look. Yeah, he looks a mess but sometimes guys just need that change of scenery and if he gets right .....
We don't run that kind of offense, and he's not the best pocket passer, but I would do it just to be able to get all their picks and their player.
Then I'd let Fisher straighten him out (because he is a players coach) so we could flip him for more picks again.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Maybe they can trade him for Johnny Football?

They both have great potential to get to the All Name, No Game, Hall of Fame.:D

FRO

Legend
Did defenses just figure him out after his rookie season, or did the knee injury scare teams so bad that they decided to make him a pocket passer? He went downhill fast. He must be impossible to deal with because with the natural talent he has and his past production it would be hard to let go.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems to me if you commit to a player like RG3 or Tebow. Then you must commit to playing their style of ball. You cant force them to do things that don't come naturally to them. They are not pocket passers. It is debatable but both proved they could win in the NFL if you play to their strengths.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I'd cut him. I don't see what he brings anymore. He can't run, his confidence is shot, he can't read a defense, he can't feel the pass rush AT ALL, he even sets himself up in a position where even if the line block for him he still gets sacked because he's 9 feet deep - beyond the pocket they're trying to build, he can't command an offense, he can't address protections properly - to the point where his running back is tapping him on the butt trying to get his attention to tell him the weak side backer doesn't have a back assigned to block him, he's got a terrible ego and a sense of entitlement that suggests that he is the greatest QB in history, his teammates apparently hate him, and Kirk Cousins is a safer bet.

He's not their best QB - and he never will be; and that says something because Cousin's isn't a world beater either. So you've got to sit him and pay him or watch him get hurt and pay him $16m!

For the Redskins he's worse than nothing - he is a drain on the team and their resources. As long as he remains there will be controversy because of people looking at his 2012 season - he can't do that again. It is not going to happen. So recognize you've got a junk investment here and cut your losses as soon as you are able. After all, you should never reinforce failure.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seems to me if you commit to a player like RG3 or Tebow. Then you must commit to playing their style of ball. You cant force them to do things that don't come naturally to them. They are not pocket passers. It is debatable but both proved they could win in the NFL if you play to their strengths.

i don't think he can run fast enough anymore. he always had to eventually turn into a pass first qb but that's beyond him. he is worthless at this stage.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i don't think he can run fast enough anymore. he always had to eventually turn into a pass first qb but that's beyond him. he is worthless at this stage.

I agree the damage is done. And I wont go into if he is a headcase or not. (RG3) I guess my point is don't draft a player for his abilities then tell him he cant do that anymore. Special athletes can be worked into packages and be successful. Kordel Steward comes to mind.

fearsomefour

Legend
A perfect place for him would be a place like Green Bay. A place where he can sit for several years, learn, be humbled and hopefully get healthy. He has ability, there is no denying that. It is sort of sad what has happened, I don't vote for people to fail (if they aren't in Whiner gear). No one is going to pick up that salary unless they get into desperate QB situation because of injuries.

rams2050

Starter
No way, no how would I want the Rams to be saddled with that head case and injury-waiting-to-happen. We just rid ourselves of one IWTH -- injury-waiting-to-happen -- why rush to add another to the roster?

RamzFanz

Damnit
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000518629/article/washington-redskins-to-start-kirk-cousins-in-week-1

Washington Redskins to start Kirk Cousins in Week 1

The Washington Redskins are rolling with Kirk Cousins.

Coach Jay Gruden told Redskins players in a team meeting Monday morning that Cousins will start Week 1 of the regular season, team sources confirmed to NFL Media's Albert Breer on Monday. Robert Griffin's status remains up in the air.

Play NFL Fantasy Football!

The news caps a week of drama in the nation's capital, where Griffin remains mired in the NFL's concussion protocol after an independent neurologist reversed course on RGIII's playing status for Saturday's preseason tilt against the Ravens. That left Cousins to start Washington's third preseason game, where he made his case as the best option to be the team's starter.

Gruden told NFL Media's Jeff Darlington that no quarterback controversy exists inside team walls, but Cousins has often looked like the better fit for Gruden's offense, showing more natural pocket-passing skills than Griffin while averaging nearly 100 more passing yards per game than RGIII last season.

Cousins must eliminate his penchant for turnovers, while keeping his head together when those mistakes occur. His career interception percentage of 4.7 is outrageous, but Cousins also tossed more touchdown passes last season over six games (10) than Griffin and Colt McCoy combined to throw in 14 games (eight).

There's no telling when Griffin will return to the lineup. If Cousins performs well, it's fair to wonder if RGIII has played his last snap for an organization that once made him the No. 2 overall pick. How quickly fortunes flip in the NFL.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Is there an RG4 ?
Just asking
b9q8uibicaearbk.jpg

On the way.....

Any way he can be stashed on the PS until Cig & Weinke figure out whats wrong with him?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yep. And that's why they're not gonna trot his lil ass out there to get planted like a daisy.
Pay a little now or a lot later.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Did defenses just figure him out after his rookie season, or did the knee injury scare teams so bad that they decided to make him a pocket passer? He went downhill fast. He must be impossible to deal with because with the natural talent he has and his past production it would be hard to let go.

I think it was a combination of both if you look at the NFL now maybe only two teams really run the read option and do it well. So I believe many teams figured them out on defense. And after the knew injury making him a pocket passer just never really went well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I agree he needs a change, BUT NOT HERE!!