Could Jeff Fisher mess up the Jaguars draft plans?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Ramhusker loving the intricacy:
I love this Chess game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:
What they need is timers like they have in real chess games.

37 days
3 hours
28 minutes

Alan

Legend
kurtfaulk seeing the blind spot:
since when were the jaguars set at qb? they have henne. they're not going very far with him. you would think they would be after a qb, not clowney.
Well , I was only running with their supposition that they'd pick Clowney over a QB. The "good news for Jax is that they have so many huge needs and this years QB clas isn't stellar, they're not locked in on a position. They'll probably be in position to draft a franchise QB next year too.:LOL:

But I agree with your point. I think they need a QB more. But are any of these QBs worthy?

Last edited:

PhxRam

Well , I was only running with their supposition that they's pick Clowney over a QB. The "good news for Jax is that they have so many huge needs and this years QB clas isn't steelar, they're not locked in on a position. They'll probably be in position to draft a franchise QB next year too.:LOL:

But I agree with your point. I think they needs a QB more. But are any of these QBs worthy?

Depends on how long the rebuild plan is for..

Is next year any better of a crop for QBs?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Yeah I mentioned that fear already and this makes a lot more sense. Although it doesn't change the fact that they would have to pay us less but take a chance on losing their guy.

I do think you should have had a fourth choice. If Houston is willing to pass on Clowney to pick a QB then trading with Jax (or anybody except the Rams) causes them to lose control of the process and they could lose the QB they covet because the Rams might trade the 2nd pick to a QB needy team that will take their guy. The only way that works for them is if they have pretty much equal grades on two different QBs.

That's not really a fourth choice, that's just a further explanation of the 2nd choice. And I agree that if Houston falls in love with one QB, they most likely won't risk losing control and won't trade down. So the 2nd choice will probably only happen if Houston likes 2 QBs.

And this really begs the question of why would Houston be talking about trading down in the first place? The only reason would be to get a huge haul. And I don't think anyone is getting a huge haul this year. It's pretty flat at the top for the first 5 or 6 picks.

Mariota and Hundley had a lot of hype this year, both decided to go back for another year.

Then there's shame is Jameis who wasn't eligible this year.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Mariota and Hundley had a lot of hype this year, both decided to go back for another year.

Then there's shame is Jameis who wasn't eligible this year.
Exactly where my focus is if for some reason SB doesn't pan out this year AND why I want to trade down and garner extra 2nd round picks to plug holes and fortify strengths this year. We may have to mortgage the farm next year.

Alan

Legend
PhxRam wondering about timing:

I doubt they're thinking near future. They seem to be on a 15 year plan near as I can tell.:LOL:

Alan

Legend
max not seeing a likely trade:
That's not really a fourth choice, that's just a further explanation of the 2nd choice. And I agree that if Houston falls in love with one QB, they most likely won't risk losing control and won't trade down. So the 2nd choice will probably only happen if Houston likes 2 QBs.

And this really begs the question of why would Houston be talking about trading down in the first place? The only reason would be to get a huge haul. And I don't think anyone is getting a huge haul this year. It's pretty flat at the top for the first 5 or 6 picks.

I agree with all that. They really aren't in a position to trade down unless they get a bonanza which as you said is highly unlikely. I think we're in the drivers seat. Of course the car appears to be a Yugo.
upload_2014-4-1_17-17-9.jpeg

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I agree with all that. They really aren't in a position to trade down unless they get a bonanza which as you said is highly unlikely. I think we're in the drivers seat. Of course the car appears to be a Yugo.
View attachment 1511

It's actually a pretty good drivers seat.

The only downside is that there isn't a great DB talent in this draft.

Otherwise, there is plenty of top tier talent that can step right in and provide a major upgrade to what we have starting right now. Heck, I really like C.J. Mosely at SLB. I think he would have a major impact on our defense even though he may not be on the field for more than half the snaps.

Alan

Legend
max mistaking my meaning:
It's actually a pretty good drivers seat.

The only downside is that there isn't a great DB talent in this draft.

Otherwise, there is plenty of top tier talent that can step right in and provide a major upgrade to what we have starting right now. Heck, I really like C.J. Mosely at SLB. I think he would have a major impact on our defense even though he may not be on the field for more than half the snaps.
Sorry max, I meant as far as trading down goes. The fact that there are so many good/not great players available works against us.