Could Chris Johnson Re-Unite With Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamEERS

Pastor
he's the opposite of DRich... richardson runs straight into line and gets tackled for little to no gain... johnson dances around in the backfield and gets tackled for the loss... rather have DRich...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I agree 100%. I don't see any way to justify FA dollars toward a RB.

Yeah me too. We have several comp picks, we could put them to good use with a RB or two.

Any all time rushers of an SEC team available in the later rounds? Lol STEAL!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Keith Bulluck: Chris Johnson always thinks it’s someone else’s fault
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 8, 2014

keith-bulluck2.jpg
Getty Images

Keith Bulluck was a teammate of Chris Johnson’s in Tennessee for two seasons, and Bulluck doesn’t seem to think Johnson is the kind of guy new Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt should want in his locker room.

That’s not so much because Johnson ran for a career-low 1,077 yards and averaged a career-low 3.9 yards a carry last season, but because Johnson can’t accept responsibility for his declining numbers. Bulluck says Johnson always thinks someone else deserves the blame for his struggles.

“He’s a friend of mine but when it comes to athlete, he’s a ‘me’ person. He’s a ‘me’ person when it comes to the athlete. For the years that he’s been there, it’s never been his fault why he didn’t have a good running game or why he didn’t have a good game. It was always somebody else’s fault,” Bulluck said on The Midday 180, via Paul Kuharsky of ESPN.com.

If that’s how Johnson’s friends talk about him, I’d hate to hear what his enemies say.

Bulluck also said that Johnson should have been to the Titans facility to meet Whisenhunt and talked to him about wanting to stay with the team. The fact that Johnson has made no such overture, Bulluck says, speaks volumes.

“If I wanted to be there and it was important to me, I would make it my duty — especially considering I have a house there — I would make it my business to get in and say, ‘Look, what’s going on, blah, blah, blah,’” Bulluck said. “Even if I’m not going to be on the team, just to meet him. It’s just professionalism. But, I will say, different strokes for different folks. Some people are too cool for school, some people don’t get it, they don’t get how things work.”

Johnson’s $8 million salary makes it unlikely that the Titans will keep him around this season, unless he agrees to take a pay cut — which he has shown no interest in doing. Before the season starts, there’s a good chance that Johnson will take his act to some other locker room.