Could Bradford play with the ACL tear?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
OK I may be crazy but his knee should be strong with all the rehab he has done and can continue to do. Its not unprecedented, John Elway played his whole career without his ACL.
http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/1/8/3850294/john-elway-played-entire-career-without-acl
Also DeJuan Blair is playing in the NBA without either ACLs
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/11/no_ligaments_no_problem.html
Would it be possible for Bradford to spend some time strengthening the knee and just playing with it? Im ready for the flaming...

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Phillp Rivers went to the AFC Championship vs the Pats awhile back with a torn ACL, correct?

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The risk with doing that, is one more hit, and his whole knee would need reconstructed. That's probably not the best thing to do. He's still young, he could play 10 more years if he does this properly. It would be very short sighted to try and "win now" and ruin his future.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
yes he did, he had surgery after that game but played through the game with a completely torn ACL

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I have no idea. Great idea if he could.LOL.
Last year he was still the best QB on the team even with one leg. I saw him before a game in warm ups throwing 40 yard ropes along the sideline in a brace and boot, But think this year I'll stick with Hill.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I had a buddy in college that played safety...he played with two torn ACLs that were not repaired. He used to play centerfield on our fraternities softball team also.

He said it was stupid to do so in retrospect.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
idk how you compare one game to an entire season, every injury is different, why risk destroying your entire knee and football future, not to mention the pain

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There have been players that can play without an ACL if the muscles around the knee are strong enough to control stability. Elway played his entire college and pro career without his ACL and his knee never got destroyed. Im not saying that he should or that its smart, Im just throwing the question out there could he?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
It would be pretty funny if Bradford came out and had an interview like "No fuck that I ain't rehabbing shit again, put me in coach".

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If next week we were playing in the superbowl, then he might think about playing. But he's not going to risk his career by playing all season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have no idea. Great idea if he could.LOL.
Last year he was still the best QB on the team even with one leg. I saw him before a game in warm ups throwing 40 yard ropes along the sideline in a brace and boot, But think this year I'll stick with Hill.
Say what you want about his arm.He still misses a lot of reads.He is a gun slinger though.

Tweed335

UDFA
'Crazy'!!!

Is my vote

You, not Bradford haha!

I do appreciate your optimism though

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Half the skiers at the Winter Olympics were on knees that we're missing ACLs - that being said the games only comes around once every four years. IR and surgery will be much better for his knee in the long run - the incidence of Osteoarthritis increases in joints that have stability issues and the ACL is paramount in that role.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
OK I may be crazy but his knee should be strong with all the rehab he has done and can continue to do. Its not unprecedented, John Elway played his whole career without his ACL.
http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/1/8/3850294/john-elway-played-entire-career-without-acl
Also DeJuan Blair is playing in the NBA without either ACLs
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/11/no_ligaments_no_problem.html
Would it be possible for Bradford to spend some time strengthening the knee and just playing with it? Im ready for the flaming...

Good grief.......