Could be nothing but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Correct me if I am wrong, but Britt has never broke 800 yards in a season after 6 years in the NFL right? There is no "monster" contract in his future. I do like Britt, but he is just another in a long line of JAG's that have been hanging around here since Holt left. The Rams need a true #1 WR.

I doubt that Fisher and company will ever address this problem though. They have already spent to much capital on WR's, and they don't appear to be willing to admit to/learn from there mistakes. You can't win162 games without loosing 147.

I think you might be underestimating Britt, Dr Hill.

He is perfectly capable of that 1000 yard season with a decent OL and QB.

I don't favor a "monster" contract, either. But a reasonable one would make him a bargain. When paired with a healthy Quick, that gives us two tall and fast WR's that must be defended.

Resigning him gives us other collateral benefits, too. We can devote our resources to other needs besides WR. And his intangible positive effects on our entire young WR corp would continue to be invaluable.

I believe resigning Britt is a no brainer.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Correct me if I am wrong, but Britt has never broke 800 yards in a season after 6 years in the NFL right? There is no "monster" contract in his future. I do like Britt, but he is just another in a long line of JAG's that have been hanging around here since Holt left. The Rams need a true #1 WR.

I doubt that Fisher and company will ever address this problem though. They have already spent to much capital on WR's, and they don't appear to be willing to admit to/learn from there mistakes. You can't win162 games without loosing 147.
Eh, I don't know that I agree. Plenty of teams have success without a "true #1". I'd say that's missing in Seattle, a team poised to appear in back to back Super Bowls. The Patriots haven't had a #1 receiver since Moss left, unless you want to count the oft injured TE. There is no true #1 present in Indy, Hilton puts up numbers in spurts, but vanishes for a couple games at a time.
Britt and Quick aren't world beaters, but they're big and physical, they'll occasionally make a big play off of a mismatch, but most importantly; they aren't afraid to use their size and physicality to get down field and throw a block.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

IMO, you undervalue Britt in this offense...

Big Willie

Starter
Before anyone considers the idea that the new OC would have any input into personnel, do you really think Fisher and Snead would give him that authority?
Yes...because the new OC will need the right type of players to run his system. Not saying the OC gets to choose every player...but if he will have input that matters.