Cosell v. Casserly

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Here's how wild it is now...

Greg Cosell said this morning "I think Manziel will the second pick in the draft to the Rams"

Casserly's new mock draft has Manziel not even going in the first round.

I've always seen things similar to Casserly, so I'm not surprised by this.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Charlie's crazy if he thinks NO team is going to take a chance on Manziel in the first round.
Too many teams are scrambling to find an answer at the position.

Greg isn't really a 'mock' kinda guy. He's said in the past that he's awful at it.
He's really good at breaking down film and discussing strengths and weaknesses, however.

Split the difference.

Alan

Legend
If nothing else, someone will trade back up into the 1st round to get him. I still see him going in the top 10 though.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I think someone takes Manziel in the first round.

They'll eventually get fired for it; but I think someone will pick him.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it Casserly that said Manziel was his number 1 overall prospect about a month ago?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it Casserly that said Manziel was his number 1 overall prospect about a month ago?
“My gut is no (that a top QB will be available at seven)” said Casserly. The former GM of the Redskins and Texans said that teams that need a quarterback in the first six picks will take the top QB available simply based on the teams’ belief they won’t be able to get a QB in the later rounds.

[av]http://media.ccomrcdn.com/media/station_content/1124/2014/01/mp3/default/charley_casserly_with_sports_p_0_1389774971.mp3[/av]

He said that based on teams' desperateness to secure an answer at the QB position. I'm not sure he ever thought much of any QB in this class.

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
Yeah you're right, i just checked it out, and it was Gil Brandt that had him as his number 1 prospect. Casserly(like myself) has never liked Manziel.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just heard Charlie say he put out his mock draft again and he has Bortles going to Minny now. Obviously, Charlie is having fun with his mock. But he then said there is no way Manziel goes in the top 10, he'll be shocked. He said "if Manziel goes in the top 10 then a lot of people lied to me". He then laughed and said, "of course people lie to you we know that".

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Greg Cosell said this morning "I think Manziel will the second pick in the draft to the Rams"

"I think when Greg Cosell of NFL Films talks, I listen. Not many in the prospect-analyst business are as smart and concise and opinionated about players as Cosell." Peter King

Yet King believes that Greg Robinson is going to the Rams at #2. Make up your mind.

Alan

Legend
To be fair to King, he didn't say he was infallible. A 80% success rate would be fantastic.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Cossell is smarter than Casserly. I misspelled that. No way Manziel drops passed 13.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Cossell is smarter than Casserly. I misspelled that. No way Manziel drops passed 13.

Let's keep this accurate. Casserly never said Manziel will drop past 13. What Casserly said was no way does Manziel go in the top 10.

And I don't believe Cosell is smarter than Casserly when it comes to the draft.

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
Let's keep this accurate. Casserly never said Manziel will drop past 13. What Casserly said was no way does Manziel go in the top 10.

And I don't believe Cosell is smarter than Casserly when it comes to the draft.
I just heard on NFL Network, Charlie say that Manziel could drop into the 2nd round. I saw it on NFL network 5 minutes ago. Casserly is a getting a little cocky.

I'll bet all my ROD dollars that Manziel goes in the top 10. If you give me 8 to 1 odds, I bet you Rams draft Manziel.

Alan

Legend
RamsAndEwe wanting odds:
I'll bet all my ROD dollars that Manziel goes in the top 10. If you give me 8 to 1 odds, I bet you Rams draft Manziel.
I'll take that bet. You're responsible for remembering it though. ;)

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
If you give me 8 to 1 odds, I bet you Rams draft Manziel.

You've got a bet.

I'll give you 8 to 1, I say the Rams aren't drafting Manziel. How may ROD bucks you want to get down on this?

RamsAndEwe

Rookie
You've got a bet.

I'll give you 8 to 1, I say the Rams aren't drafting Manziel. How may ROD bucks you want to get down on this?

Make it so Bro. I've never done it before. So I'm ignorant on betting. I noticed you shied away from Manziel dropping out of the top 10. Why not take both bets? I dare ya!

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Make it so Bro. I've never done it before. So I'm ignorant on betting. I noticed you shied away from Manziel dropping out of the top 10. Why not take both bets? I dare ya!

I don't know enough about the other teams in the NFL. While, I respect Casserly, even he said people lie to him.

I have never bet ROD money before either. We need help here.