Corner Cortland Finnegan (eye) placed on IR. - Tweet

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Well, at least some youngsters will get a decent opportunity to grow. Let's just hope they don't cost us a game. :cool:

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Wow! Had anyone heard of this eye injury prior to them announcing that McGee would be replacing Finny this game? Wasn't expecting an IR designation!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I just saw this tweet from Schefter.

Wow! Really? IR?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Probably played his last down as a Ram. Oh well shit happens. Also I guess TJ's "broken leg" wasn't that severe of a break. I'm just wary of him playing on that thing.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
How did he hurt his eye? I hope he'll be OK and able to play next year

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Probably best to move on without him! Draft the best corner available next year. Save the cap space!

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/23/rams-put-cortland-finnegan-on-injured-reserve/
Rams put Cortland Finnegan on injured reserve
Posted by Mike Wilkening on November 23, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
a993b247fd1184b1c4ecc393376f0a0c-e1385241594936.jpg
Getty Images
The Rams put cornerback Cortland Finnegan on injured reserve Saturday, Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.
Finnegan sat out practice this week with an eye injury. According to Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com, the nature of Finnegan’s injury is unclear.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He's done...

CB just became an obvious need. It kills me because our secondary was suppose to be the least of our problems. What the heck happened? My gosh...

On a side note, how good is Johnson? I ask that question rhetorically. He's been a borderline corneerstone player for us thus far. He's playing like Cortland should have...

Johnson is a borderline Home Run pick as of now.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Wow! Had anyone heard of this eye injury prior to them announcing that McGee would be replacing Finny this game? Wasn't expecting an IR designation!

Yes. He had been missing practises all week. I don't know what caused it though.

IR hunh? He's done with the Rams I bet.

UK_Rammer

UDFA
Cort was important in helping Fish put his print on the team. I'd like to think he'll stick around for next year but he has a high price tag and has been horrible when on the field this year. Good for the youngsters to get some PT.

jap

Legend
Probably best to move on without him! Draft the best corner available next year. Save the cap space!

I believe Tru was drafted to eventually replace Cort. Of course, when your head coach is a former DB himself, you know the DB's will be properly addressed in the draft.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Brady Quinn was also put on IR...Quinton POinter promoted from the practice squad.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Wow do not know what to think of this...my mind automatically goes to the mystery of it all....I just find it all way too strange first the alleged thigh injury now a eye injury? when-how- why???? Girlfriend attack?? :yousure:

Oh well guess the Rams will have to re evaluate that 2014 cap hit with him....meanwhile Cortland's listed pay out says he got a prorated 9 million along with a 1 mil roster bonus with a 5 mil workout bonus to total of 15 million price tag for starting 5 games but leaving 2 of those 5 starts plus he played some in 2 other games. I wonder if we got our money's worth from him???

On the positive side next season he will only cost the Rams 10 million. If they release him Rams save only 4 million. I think that would be a bargain and much need high value decision. I find it agonizingly painful to watch Cortland try to play NFL level football this season for the Rams.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Cort was important in helping Fish put his print on the team. I'd like to think he'll stick around for next year but he has a high price tag and has been horrible when on the field this year. Good for the youngsters to get some PT.

Yup. He did serve that purpose and he did play very well the first half of last year. Then his play got worse and worse. I guess that happens, but it's unusual.

V3

Hall of Fame
He's done...

CB just became an obvious need. It kills me because our secondary was suppose to be the least of our problems. What the heck happened? My gosh...

On a side note, how good is Johnson? I ask that question rhetorically. He's been a borderline corneerstone player for us thus far. He's playing like Cortland should have...

Johnson is a borderline Home Run pick as of now.

It's been obvious since last season. He wasn't good after about the 4th week last season and we have absolutely nothing behind the starting 3 CB's. We knew going into this season that if anyone went down, we'd be in trouble- and that's assuming the top 3 CB's played well. Johnson has been the only CB to play well so we were in trouble from the start. I have no idea what's happened to JJ. I'm starting to wonder if he worked hard enough in the off season because he's dropped off big time.

I'm not sure I'd call Johnson a home run pick unless he makes a Pro Bowl. I think he's solid but I don't think he's near Pro Bowl level. He's about what I expect from a 3rd round pick.