Corner Battle: Woodard vs. Roberson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who has a better chance of making the 53?

• Darren Woodard

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Marcus Roberson

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
With the injury to Trumaine, there is more space at the corner spot. The question is, who here has the better chance to cash in on this opportunity?

Woodard had an up and down preseason last year but has been very active in the past two preseason games. He had a lot of chances on picks against Miami and is playing well.

Roberson has more natural talent than Woodard and is even trying his hand at some punt coverage. Problem is that he's not the most physical guy in the world.

Which of these two would you rather see on the Rams final 53 man roster?

Alan

Legend
I picked Woodard despite the lack of ball skills he demonstrated last night. His overall game seems to be superior IMO.

Last edited:

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I believe Roberson has more natural cover ability and upside but Woodard is much more physical and is better for the short term with Tru down.

Roberson's lack of physicality at times and his off the field concerns may make him a better practice squad candidate.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Woodard. He showed very clearly last night why they made him a CB rather than a WR. ;)

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I chose Woodard even though I really like Roberson. Woodard was all over the place last night, bunch of pass breakups. Should of had three picks. But he was flying around. Roberson almost had himself a pick as well jumping in front of a receiver to stop the pass. That would have been a bute. I hope Roberson makes the PS, but Woodard seems ahead right now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I prefer Woodard but Fisher/Williams like to make big splashes on D with the blitzing and Roberson seems to have better coverage skills and possibly INT skills.

If the defensive line can force the quick throws then Roberson's coverage skill will be invaluable.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Did anyone else happen to notice that when Woodard and Gaines were playing CB, the Rams dominated for much of the game defensively? The DL rotation was virtually the same throughout the entire game, and the LBs were being shuttled in an out as well. The biggest difference in the personnel was in the secondary, and with Reid and Roberson at CB, they gave up a 13 point lead.

Coincidence? I know people love to root for the underdog, but to me, there is still a wide gap between Reid and Roberson and the rest of the cornerbacks.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Reid is such a good tackler though. Even having him as one of the kick coverage guys would make me feel a little better. But so long as they field the best 53 men, I'll live with it.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Woodard had a little Bartell in him last night. ALMOST had three picks. Almost.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I liked Ron. No one would ever confuse him with a wr though.:)
Yeah man. Ron was severely underrated. When he'd go toe to toe with Fitz in his prime he came out ahead more often than not. No he wasn't going to pick off a lot of passes, but he was a savvy coverage guy and a bright spot on some tragically bad defensive units.

Irish

Starter
I love Roberson's cover ability (he could be the best cover corner on the team), but at some point you have to thump someone. Roberson may as well be playing flag football