Corey Davis injured. Could miss combine.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fill me in on how this is good news?. Injuries are red flags especially prior to the draft.
He's currently projected to go mid-first round. Davis missing the combine due might be the best chance the Rams have of landing a true #1 WR in this year's draft.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
He's currently projected to go mid-first round. Davis missing the combine due might be the best chance the Rams have of landing a true #1 WR in this year's draft.

I am hoping we shoot for a top OL, CB prospect in this coming draft. WR would be the last thing for me, others might agree with you though.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I am hoping we shoot for a top OL, CB prospect in this coming draft. WR would be the last thing for me, others might agree with you though.
I hope they take the best player available. I think Davis would be a candidate for that approach. There are certainly OL and CB prospects that could fall as well.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I haven't dived into the prospects much yet, but if there's any chance to get a #1 in the second round, I'm all in.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I haven't dived into the prospects much yet, but if there's any chance to get a #1 in the second round, I'm all in.
Courtland Sutton out of SMU was originally a possibility, but he's headed back to school. Of the remaining day two guys, they all have some big question marks. I think we'll see JuJu Smith's name thrown around for the Rams quite a bit, but I have my doubts about him as a #1. Chris Godwin from Penn State might end up the best of the bunch and he's projected to go in round 3 or 4.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My opinion remains that we don't need a #1 WR if we have three guys who can win 1-on-1. Add DeSean or Garcon this off-season. And then decided if you want to add another veteran or draft a WR. But if they decide to draft a WR, I wouldn't do it in the 2nd round. I think that pick can be better spent elsewhere. There are WRs who I like who will likely be available in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
My opinion remains that we don't need a #1 WR if we have three guys who can win 1-on-1. Add DeSean or Garcon this off-season. And then decided if you want to add another veteran or draft a WR. But if they decide to draft a WR, I wouldn't do it in the 2nd round. I think that pick can be better spent elsewhere. There are WRs who I like who will likely be available in the 3rd or 4th rounds.
I think we're somewhat in agreement. I think a true number #1 would be nice, but If Davis and Williams are gone as expected, I think the guys in the third and fourth have similar upside and risk to the John Ross/Dede Westbrook group.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
He should be able to run the 40 at his pro day...if he runs well then, he won't fall at all...His tape is pretty solid.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rams need to draft BPA. Every year there's one or two who fall into that range of round 2 where the Rams are picking. So if they are disciplined and take BPA they will definitely get a guy with a solid round 1 grade in this draft.

That starts with FA too, btw. They can't fill every hole, but they can get enough key additions in here to where they won't need to press in the draft for specific positions when the value isn't there.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I would take Davis in a heartbeat if he dropped to us in the 2nd round but I dont see him falling out of the 1st round :cry:

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
He should be able to run the 40 at his pro day...if he runs well then, he won't fall at all...His tape is pretty solid.
I don't think he'll be ready to run in time for a pro day, definitely not at 100%. Even with some questions about his top end speed I don't think he'll drop that much. Although he could have solidified himself as a mid first pick with a good combine and pro day.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

Who do you like in 3 and 4?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who do you like in 3 and 4?

Zay Jones
Ishmael Zamora
Cooper Kupp
Juju Smith
Chris Godwin

Are all guys I like right now. Not all will be available then, but some will be. There are also a few guys that I'd like to get a look at who are likely to go in that range or close to it (Amara Darboh, Taywan Taylor, Josh Reynolds, Isaiah Ford, Malachi Dupre, Carlos Henderson, Chad Hansen, and Josh Malone).

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Zay Jones
Ishmael Zamora
Cooper Kupp
Juju Smith
Chris Godwin

Are all guys I like right now. Not all will be available then, but some will be. There are also a few guys that I'd like to get a look at who are likely to go in that range or close to it (Amara Darboh, Taywan Taylor, Josh Reynolds, Isaiah Ford, Malachi Dupre, Carlos Henderson, Chad Hansen, and Josh Malone).

I really like Ford, Kupp, and JuJu. Thanks for the names. Im going to have to look into Ishmael Zamora, Chad Hansen, Josh Malone, and Carlos Henderson. Haven't really seen those names thrown around too much.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Zay Jones
Ishmael Zamora
Cooper Kupp
Juju Smith
Chris Godwin

Travin Dural had a good of practice at the Senior Bowl. I'm surprised you didn't list him.