Cordarelle Patterson on trade block

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not interested. We have a tough enough time using Tavon. Cordarelle isn't much better or really any better. For like a 7th round pick, sure. Can't beat that KR ability.

Athos

Legend
Once upon a time yes.

But clearly the Vikings don't think he can develop at all. I don't wanna deal with that when he has two years left on his contract.

He must really suck at running routes and must really suck at catching still.

Though, I am tempted to convert him to a RB.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't pick up the offense as I understand it. Of course, he was raw coming out - and the 3rd year is the charm. Right, Brian Quick?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

and it looks like the texans won the 1st round wr lottery in 2013.

screw it, i'd still rather have tavon. please let him be unleashed in 15.

Athos

Legend

and it looks like the texans won the 1st round wr lottery in 2013.

screw it, i'd still rather have tavon. please let him be unleashed in 15.

I won it. I said Hopkins was the best WR in that draft. Few really listened.

FRO

Legend
He would. Tall though, not sure he plays with the pad level of an every down back.
When I watched him at Tennessee he was a great playmaker, but a very average receiver. His best plays came off handoffs for the most part. He has a great ability to make his man miss.

Athos

Legend
He would. Tall though, not sure he plays with the pad level of an every down back.

Yea. He'd probably be the tallest RB ever at over 6'2, but Forte is 6'2.

I think he only has a future as a RB now though. Not every down. But a nice change up back to end end arounds, sweeps, and bouncing it outside.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hasn't history proven not to give up on a WR after 2 years? Did we not learn that lesson ourselves just this past year?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They tried to trade him last season and there were no takers then. I have to suspect there is a reason for that.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I don't like calling players dumb, but he certainly seems to struggle with picking up a playbook and translating that to on field success.
He is too much of mirror image of Tavon for him to make sense for us.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Hasn't history proven not to give up on a WR after 2 years? Did we not learn that lesson ourselves just this past year?

I have no problem giving him a chance at WR if the cost is right. And I had no problem giving Quick a chance going into his 3rd year.

But if I had to give up say, a 3rd round pick to get Quick before his 2014 season, and I didn't know if he would break out or not, I wouldn't have touched him. It's one thing to give a free agent or a guy you drafted a chance. It's a whole different thing to trade assets for an unknown, and you figure the value of the assets will be higher than the player's actual value.

It's just not worth it to gamble at this point.

A55VA6

Legend
He's really great in space, but it would just be another Tavon Austin but taller. My bet is the Eagles trade for him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Depends on the price. If he's really cheap...yes. He's got major value as a KR alone. Plus, I agree with those above that are saying move him to HB. Teach the kid how to pass protect and you have the best 3rd down HB in the league. Plus, you have a very dangerous change of pace HB.