Coping

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
So we are all Rams fans and have presumably been so for quite some times. This means we have had the unfortunate experience of many ugly losses. This loss in particular hurts me more than most have in the past. I had high expectations for this team this year (as did most of you). Bradford went down and I convinced myself that he was just more of a game manager anyways, perhaps Shaun Hill can do it. I mean Clemens did it right? We will simply be more reliant on the run and lean on our defense.

Alas our team comes out for game 1 and just plays a sloppy game. I'm tired of sloppy games. I'm trying to find silver linings. Quick definitely looked much better this year. Quinn is on the team! We start slow! It was just the first game. Outside of that I'm not sure what I can do. Like I said this loss crushed me more than usual because I still have such high expectations for this team. (like I'm more sure we are going to be competitive than I have been in 10 years!).

Anyways, I'm going to deal with this by taking the Rams to the Super Bowl in Madden... How do you cope with a loss?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Madden is definitely the cure-all. I have 1,291 Lombardi Trophies.

Take that, real life.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I cope by looking forward. To the next game. To the game after that. If they're out, I look forward to the draft.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
It just sucks. Don't think there's much I can do to make it not suck. Easy to convince yourself Sam Bradford is a "game manager" or sucks - but its not really that simple. I think the real hurt for people is when they realize its not so simple as to be able to pin all the blame on Sammy B.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I mope for a couple days. Tuesday I put it in perspective. What actually happened and the chances of it happening again.

Wednesday I look forward to the next game.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It just sucks. Don't think there's much I can do to make it not suck. Easy to convince yourself Sam Bradford is a "game manager" or sucks - but its not really that simple. I think the real hurt for people is when they realize its not so simple as to be able to pin all the blame on Sammy B.
Just to clarify, I do not share the opinion that Bradford sucks. I think Peyton Manning could come into this offense and Schotty would still ask him to simply be a Game Manager. Bradford is my guy 100%. Just giving you my bias.

I'm not as high on our coordinator though but at the same time don't see the benefit of starting over on offense and my play calling ability is no where close to theirs so I try and just trust them. Ignorance is bliss is what they say right?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I usually turn on the whiner game and hope they're losing.
That's not going well either.