Cooper vs Parker vs White?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Just curious IF the Rams don't draft an OL (Scherff, Peat, etc) with their top pick and decide to go the WR route what are you opinions on Amari Cooper (Probably already gone), DeVante Parker and Kevin White? Most of the Draft information I have read has Cooper as the definite top WR in the Draft (But, I am starting to read that a few Draft reporters are starting to like Parker and/or White as much or even possibly more than Cooper) but Parker and White are supposedly not that far behind. Are there any real positive qualities (Speed, Hands, Route Running, Toughness, Attitude, etc) that would make you pick Parker or White over the other? Right now, I am guessing if the Rams do go the WR route it would be Parker.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
This is pretty tough, I think its Cooper, White, Parker in that order but they are close. White and Parker have size over Cooper but I think Cooper had speed over both. They all have great hands, im not sure which one runs the best routes out of them yet though. Ive heard White compared to Fitzgerald and he has been very strong going up getting the ball in the games ive seen but plays in that wvu spread offense. Cooper has dominated at the highest level, has easy speed, great ball skills, and he played in a pro style offense. Parker ive seen the least of but ice heard nothing but good things about him.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This is pretty tough, I think its Cooper, White, Parker in that order but they are close. White and Parker have size over Cooper but I think Cooper had speed over both. They all have great hands, im not sure which one runs the best routes out of them yet though. Ive heard White compared to Fitzgerald and he has been very strong going up getting the ball in the games ive seen but plays in that wvu spread offense. Cooper has dominated at the highest level, has easy speed, great ball skills, and he played in a pro style offense. Parker ive seen the least of but ice heard nothing but good things about him.

If the Rams do decide to go WR then I don't think they can go wrong with any of these three players!

Athos

Legend
Can't go wrong picking any of them.

Cooper probably latches on faster, MAYBE, coming from a pro-system and is already a very good route runner. I don't think he has elite speed though. Maybe J-Mac level quickness and speed. About a 4.4 or thereabouts. Can attack you anywhere on the field.

White has some special qualities that would have me choosing him over Cooper. #1 being I just like bigger WRs. #2, he has elite hops. #3, he's intelligent. When he sees his QB in trouble, he makes his way back to his QB to still get a positive play on a busted play. Doesn't have explosive speed, but enough to outrun most guys.

Parker. Coming to really like his game. He has insane body control from what I've been able to see and sticky fingers. Also has elite hops. It's his 1st step burst scouts seem to worry about, but he's long and rangy.

With Cooper, White, Parker, and DGB, this is another very solid WR class.

FRO

Legend
I really like White. My brother and I were watching the WVU vs Alabama game early in the year and this kid White kept making plays. His ability to get up and make a play in the air and the way he attacks the ball with his hands reminds me of Fitzgerald. Not a burner, but can beat you with speed. I would have zero issue with taking a WR at 10, considering Britt, me while a good player, has never broke 1,000 yards, Quick has only proven himself in a handful of games and had a bad injury and is in a contract year, Austin hasn't been the player I expected, and while I like Bailey I don't see him as a number 1. Do you need a number 1? No, but if you can get one then do it. We need to score more points. I think we can do that by bolstering the offensive line, but you have to go BPA. If that's White then take him.

ausmurp

Starter
I really like Parker, and wouldn't be shocked if he is rated as the highest WR by a few talking heads. He produced with Teddy B at QB, then produced again with garbage at QB. They run a pro style offense as we discovered last year when scouting Teddy B. He may not be as fast as Cooper or White, but he is just as big as White at 6'3'' over 200 lbs. If Parker is there when we pick, I hope we draft him.

Athos

Legend
I really like White. My brother and I were watching the WVU vs Alabama game early in the year and this kid White kept making plays. His ability to get up and make a play in the air and the way he attacks the ball with his hands reminds me of Fitzgerald. Not a burner, but can beat you with speed. I would have zero issue with taking a WR at 10, considering Britt, me while a good player, has never broke 1,000 yards, Quick has only proven himself in a handful of games and had a bad injury and is in a contract year, Austin hasn't been the player I expected, and while I like Bailey I don't see him as a number 1. Do you need a number 1? No, but if you can get one then do it. We need to score more points. I think we can do that by bolstering the offensive line, but you have to go BPA. If that's White then take him.

Eh, I think Britt absolutely needs to be re-signed and could definitely have/be a 1000 yarder with an average QB. He had DBs beat all day, week in and week out. He was constantly over/under thrown. I think he's about to really enter his prime, just late. I'm honestly amazed at how much he's seemed to mature, which is another reason why I'd have NO problem taking a WR at 10 if that's BPA with Clemmings gone and no good trade down options.

White is a beast. Like I said, can't stress how much I love how he comes back to the QB. I hate it when WRs just give up on plays/routes, especially with a QB in trouble. If they kept an eye on the QB and adjusted routes, they'd help their team a shit ton.

I'm trying to find a comparison for Parker. I think he might have as much straight line speed as White. He body control in the air leads me to believe he has the capability to really fine tune his routes as well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1a. Cooper
1b. White
3. Parker