Cooper Kupp rookie profile

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kupps going to be awesome. Doesn't matter if he was a 1st rounder or UDFA

/thread

Heck Yeah -- can't wait for him to tear up Janoris Jenkins this season. Then will see how the comp pick helps the salary cap.

Maybe Tru Johnson gets a pick. Re Rams should get a nice company pick for him in 2 years. The Rams will lose a lot of one & done contracts. Like Connor,Dunbar,& John Sullivan .

The beauty is they all are playing for a new contract. The Rams scheme Fits these players well. They should be & help make The Rams successful.

Copper Kupp will be a solid piece to the puzzle. Third downs are key. The Rams for years have shot themselfs in the foot.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
No just High on Life .

Why did The Rams get the 3rd rd pick ?
Who did The Rams use on that pick ??

-Those are fair questions

I'm just connecting the dots . Maybe I can't pass the drunk test , even how basic it seems.
The Rams ended up with a 3rd round comp pick to go along with their own original 3rd round pick. As part of the trade with the Titans they sent their comp pick not their original pick to the Titans to satisfy the trade. They then had just their pick #5 in the 3rd round. They ended up during the draft with another 3rd round pick when they traded back from #37 to #44 it netted them pick #91 which was their 2nd pick in the 3rd round.

After Comp picks were announced the Rams had

We ended up picking

Still had 8 picks but traded back once and up once using the pick we gained from trading back in the 2nd to move up in the 3rd. Not sure if I misunderstood your post just think I'm trying to clarify things. We received 2 comp picks and as part of a trade last year sent one away. Some though we'd get a 6th round comp also for Fairley but the NFL limits the comp picks and that trade didn't make their list.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams ended up with a 3rd round comp pick to go along with their own original 3rd round pick. As part of the trade with the Titans they sent their comp pick not their original pick to the Titans to satisfy the trade. They then had just their pick #5 in the 3rd round. They ended up during the draft with another 3rd round pick when they traded back from #37 to #44 it netted them pick #91 which was their 2nd pick in the 3rd round.

After Comp picks were announced the Rams had

We ended up picking

Still had 8 picks but traded back once and up once using the pick we gained from trading back in the 2nd to move up in the 3rd. Not sure if I misunderstood your post just think I'm trying to clarify things. We received 2 comp picks and as part of a trade last year sent one away. Some though we'd get a 6th round comp also for Fairley but the NFL limits the comp picks and that trade didn't make their list.

#234 came from a comp pick from Balitimore ?? Givens trade ?

Still The Rams traded there 3rd pick to Titans. If not for the comp pick it would not have switch back . This was the first year you could trade back. When The Rams didn't resign Janioirs Jenkins there was no real telling if they would have signed a FA .
--Samson Ebukam was the pick for Rodney Mcloud then ?? The 2 Eatern Washington guys were basically comp picks ?? I guess you could add JJ to the Goff trade then ?? Also add Nick Foles & his contract as well. Without that trade The Rams keep him. He has been the better Ram as well.

Thanks that's real good stuff .

Back to Copper Kupp . He should help Jared Goff & The Rams offense a lot. As McVay said to the WR Yarbro , if he wasn't playing WR we might of hired to be the WR coach.
That is saying a lot about how The Rams feel about him as a complete player. He wants to be great,win Super Bowls, & be in the HOF .
Maybe Cooper has been drinking ?
I'll drink the Kool-aide as well. Sign me up. Can't wait for his first Super Bowl party. Jared Goff might be leading the parade

BadCompany

Rookie
“Jared Goff needs to throw the ball to somebody and this guy is a precise route-runner. He’s got great hands. He seems like the perfect safety net for a young quarterback because you know he’s not gonna screw up that route. He’s gonna make the play. He might not go 80 yards, but John Ross is a homerun hitter. Mike Williams is that Julio Jones, big picture guy. Cooper Kupp is your safety valve already.”

I don't care if he doesn't go 80 yards. If he makes a five yard catch, followed by a three yard catch, and then Gurley runs for three yards, we move the chains. It may be boring but right now I just want the wins.

Unless it's a 3rd and 23, a four-to-five yard pitch and catch is not a bad play, in my opinion.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I don't care if he doesn't go 80 yards. If he makes a five yard catch, followed by a three yard catch, and then Gurley runs for three yards, we move the chains. It may be boring but right now I just want the wins.
You do understand it's almost impossible to consistently score moving the ball in such a manner? You have to be more precise...more disciplined...and I wouldn't trust any young team to not make mistakes using this method. 3 yards and a cloud of dust sounds good in theory...but much harder to actually achieve.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Everyone keeps focusing on deep speed with Kupp. But one thing to remember is in this offense precise routes and run after the catch ability are probably more important in order to be a possession option. And it's not like he won't be able to burn guys deep, route running provides for that on occasion as well if you have enough speed which he does. And lastly he's got really good size too.

Can't wait to see this dude in camp. But yeah I do have high expectations for him in this offense.

BadCompany

Rookie
You do understand it's almost impossible to consistently score moving the ball in such a manner? You have to be more precise...more disciplined...and I wouldn't trust any young team to not make mistakes using this method. 3 yards and a cloud of dust sounds good in theory...but much harder to actually achieve.

Sure, and I was oversimplifying. But my point was that Kupp was being knocked for not being a deep threat, whereas I'm quite happy having a guy who will consistently get you that five yards. Sure, a young team - or any team for that matter - may drop a ball, or give up sack, or whatever, but by the same token Gurley may bust one for 30 yards too.

With a young QB, and a new offense, I'm quite happy having a "sure" thing at five yards out.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I expect a lot of 3rd down conversions with the guy. Hopefully Goff doesn't become too dependent on him and locks his eyes on him for a pass like Bradford did with Amendola.