Cooper Kupp on Colin Cowherd Podcast Show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Can't wait to see Kupp paired with Robinson. Man is this gonna be fun. :horns::startstruck::horns:

Incredible interview there too btw. Love hearing the details on the calls on those throws.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Every time I see one of his interviews I always come away impressed. Spectacular on the field and a great human being. All young men should try to be like Cooper. He's a special guy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think he's a lock for the HOF just yet, but he definitely will be numbered with Ram greats after last season. I think we all feel something special will happen by him in the biggest moments of a game.
This was possibly the best interview by Cowherd that I've seen.

dang

Legend
There are plenty of talented, humble, “we not me” players in the NFL. Hell the Rams roster is loaded with them. However, Kupp is the epitome of everything that is great about the NFL and NFL players. I am excited, proud and confident that he will continue with the Rams for the rest of his playing career. I hope he continues with the Rams in coaching/front office positions when he hangs up his cleats. He is a truly special person above and beyond how special of a player he is.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
There are plenty of talented, humble, “we not me” players in the NFL. Hell the Rams roster is loaded with them. However, Kupp is the epitome of everything that is great about the NFL and NFL players. I am excited, proud and confident that he will continue with the Rams for the rest of his playing career. I hope he continues with the Rams in coaching/front office positions when he hangs up his cleats. He is a truly special person above and beyond how special of a player he is.
Sadly, so was Woods....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wouldn't it be something if we had some of our best players go on to become Rams coaches? It would be a real dream to have this organization not only continue to win but grow our own coaches too. I know... Pipe dream.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Having Kupp and Woods together was as special as having Ike and Torry Holt. Not comparing talent just all 4 gutys were special people as well as being great Ram receivers.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't think he's a lock for the HOF just yet, but he definitely will be numbered with Ram greats after last season. I think we all feel something special will happen by him in the biggest moments of a game.
This was possibly the best interview by Cowherd that I've seen.
He had the greatest season of any Ram WR ever......and there have been some great ones....Ike in 95, Holt in 03, Harold Jackson in 73....and Hirsch's 51 season must have been something. Kupp's 2021 year rival's Dickerson's 83 and 84 seasons, Warner's 99 year. None of us will ever forget those. HOF doesn't matter. Witnessing what he did THROUGHOUT the regular season and playoffs should be ingrained in Rams fans psyche.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Wouldn't it be something if we had some of our best players go on to become Rams coaches? It would be a real dream to have this organization not only continue to win but grow our own coaches too. I know... Pipe dream.
Used to be quite common among NFL teams, but product of a bygone era now....you never know though...Henry Ellard became a WR coach for us.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Used to be quite common among NFL teams, but product of a bygone era now....you never know though...Henry Ellard became a WR coach for us.
I don't recall it being common at all. Ellard I get but what team has/had former players as coaches? Not doubting you, I just don't recall but maybe one or two.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I don't recall it being common at all. Ellard I get but what team has/had former players as coaches? Not doubting you, I just don't recall but maybe one or two.
Yeah, you have to go way back, to the 1950s and 1960s when NFL coaches used to recruit among their own alumni.

I've been reading a book about the 1951 LA Rams and was just really surprised how many former LA Rams went into coaching after their playing days. Bob Waterfield would probably be the best example for the Rams; he was an assistant coach during the 1950s and then their head coach for a few years.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He had the greatest season of any Ram WR ever......and there have been some great ones....Ike in 95, Holt in 03, Harold Jackson in 73....and Hirsch's 51 season must have been something. Kupp's 2021 year rival's Dickerson's 83 and 84 seasons, Warner's 99 year. None of us will ever forget those. HOF doesn't matter. Witnessing what he did THROUGHOUT the regular season and playoffs should be ingrained in Rams fans psyche.
Kupp had the greatest season of any WR ever.
When you look at the numbers and then add in the key plays in key moments in the regular season and playoffs, no one's had a better year, imo.
Tampa Bay, 9ers, Bengals... he made HUGE plays to win the game in all three.

Just amazing.

I think three more years of production that are somewhere between last year and his previous best year get him into the HOF.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Jason Garret played for the Cowboys for one. Bill Cowher for the Steelers. Bart Star for the Packers. Tom Flores for the Raiders. I think there has been quite a few. Not head coaches there have been a lot. Kevin Greene started out on the Pittsburg sideline, Sam Mills for Carolinea. Just random guys I thought of off the top of my head. It happened all the time and probably still is very common.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Kupp had the greatest season of any WR ever.
When you look at the numbers and then add in the key plays in key moments in the regular season and playoffs, no one's had a better year, imo.
Tampa Bay, 9ers, Bengals... he made HUGE plays to win the game in all three.
Absolutely spot on.
I think three more years of production that are somewhere between last year and his previous best year get him into the HOF.
I'm thinking 5 more years of Kupp being Kupp (and Donald and Stafford) and we could be Championship caliber each and every year. If that gets him in the HOF, great.

What he's done to date is pretty impressive. The last 3 years, he's had more receptions and more yards than anybody. 92, 90 and 145 receptions, over 4,000 yards. More than Davante Adams, the guy many say is the best receiver. If Kupp catches 100 balls or there about, he will get what he deserves. Or has earned

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Absolutely spot on.

I'm thinking 5 more years of Kupp being Kupp (and Donald and Stafford) and we could be Championship caliber each and every year. If that gets him in the HOF, great.

What he's done to date is pretty impressive. The last 3 years, he's had more receptions and more yards than anybody. 92, 90 and 145 receptions, over 4,000 yards. More than Davante Adams, the guy many say is the best receiver. If Kupp catches 100 balls or there about, he will get what he deserves. Or has earned
I think when you have a season like Kupp did last year, the career threshold numbers drop. Terrell Davis is kind of a template for that.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
GREAT listen!

Kupp knew he’d be in the NFL at 8/9yrs old. He knew. Good story.

Another great story on the Stafford to Kupp bomb against Tampa.

Also talks about what Stafford is like in the huddle.