Cooper Kupp aims for HOF and OTA vids

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you think you are great, you tell the world.
When the world thinks you are great, they tell you

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I don't consider Kupp to be cocky, just confident. There is a difference.

Setting high goals is Kupp's thing. And it has gotten him to where he is today, after all. Okay, VERY high goals. Lol.

Yeah, he's gonna get lit up some. It's the NFL and he's a rookie getting some favorable press. But he's a tough kid and he'll get his fair share of wow plays, too.

I think we are lucky to have him. And I think he's lucky to be with this team, this QB, and this HC, too.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Didn't seem to be any cockiness about him when he said that. It was almost just a matter of the fact statement.

Exactly @cvramsfan.... That was exactly the way I interpreted Kupp's demeanor. I just listened to it again and his tone and words were spoken only in the context of a long term goals he has set for himself.

"I have been working along time sacrificing a lot to be able to do this, and to be able to step out on this field."

"So at the end of the day, you know my goal is to be a Hall of Famer."

"I believe I can do that you know, my work ethic off of the field and how I prepare for things is going to reflect that."

"Winning super bowls, winning championships and being able to produce and I believe I can do that, and that's the goal from day one."

Nothing was said in a tone of voice or a demeanor that came across as a cocky rookie with a big mouth that thinks he's taking the NFL by storm and going to school every LB, CB and Safety he faces..

The way he articulated his words (his goals and beliefs) and the tone he spoke in, isn't going to motivate his opponents to want to light him up anymore then they already will want to on game days. His words spoke nothing in the manner of putting an extra target on his back.

Kupp never directed his comments in a way that indicated he's already a Hall of Fame talent and the NFL better take notice of him etc.. He said he believes he can and will reach his goal because of his work ethic and the way he prepares.

Kupp is a young, humble determined Christian kid that has faith in himself and he believes his career goals will be reached. Nothing he said was any kind of proclamation that he's already some stud super star HOF player.

I advise anyone that took his words out of context to listen to the interview again. He was speaking to a Rams reporter in the month of May. He wasn't talking to the opposing teams media in a arrogant or condescending way a few days before the game starts.

cooper-kupp-wr-los-angeles-rams_pg_600.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I concur with you and @LoyalRam one thing that soured me on former Ram first round pick Tye Hill was Hill starting talking about being an all pro and he had not even covered an NFL WR. Cooper easy does it focus on being the best Ram WR and then take it from there.

Naw. Kupp needs to focus and work on being the best WR of all time. You don't become great by aiming low. Kupp know what he wants to be, and he'll do what it takes to achieve that.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Steve Smith was just like this, even more cocky. Seems to have worked out pretty well for him. Maybe there's a reason he is so high on Kupp.