Cooper Kupp aims for HOF and OTA vids

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

OTA vids:

Goff-

Gurley-

McVay-

Short Highlight Vid-

AD and OTA news-

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper...dude.... ease up on the HOFer talk until you at least make the team...When you do make it and you face defenders, they are going to try to "light you up" for those comments...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper...dude.... ease up on the HOFer talk until you at least make the team...When you do make it and you face defenders, they are going to try to "light you up" for those comments...

Exactly. Let your play do the talking.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Exactly. Let your play do the talking.

I concur with you and @LoyalRam one thing that soured me on former Ram first round pick Tye Hill was Hill starting talking about being an all pro and he had not even covered an NFL WR. Cooper easy does it focus on being the best Ram WR and then take it from there.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I have no problem with what Cooper said. It shows confidence in his skillset and talent. You want players that think "Oh I'm not better than half of these receivers in the NFL?" ... Because I don't.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
I have no problem with what Cooper said. It shows confidence in his skillset and talent. You want players that think "Oh I'm not better than half of these receivers in the NFL?" ... Because I don't.

I totally agree. I want this whole freaking team to aspire to be future HOFers. Whatever motivates him to be great is all good with me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who said anything about discouraging belief in self? We are talking about those that have freakin' nothing to lose in preseason, and will try and kill "Mr HOFer" for those words....and then every pro that has that little bit extra for the rookie with the big mouth. He is setting himself up for a hard row-to-hoe, is all. It's testosterone stupid, imo.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Who said anything about discouraging belief in self? We are talking about those that have freakin' nothing to lose in preseason, and will try and kill "Mr HOFer" for those words....and then every pro that has that little bit extra for the rookie with the big mouth. He is setting himself up for a hard row-to-hoe, is all. It's testosterone stupid, imo.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'd rather have a confident, talented player that can go up against adversity, then a receiver who punks out because he doesn't believe in himself and is scared of players.

The former would be a better, hardened veteran in the future... while the latter will always have confidence issues and mental collapses.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler

He's a 3rd round pick who the coaches have been waving about, making the team is a given.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He's a 3rd round pick who the coaches have been waving about, making the team is a given.

Nothing is a given in shorty pants, just like people who claim to be a great shot, however, you truly never know how great a shot you are until the target shoots back.

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe

Tough crowd. Kupp said, "My goal is to become a hall of famer and I believe I can do that" Don't you think that all current Hall of Famers had this same belief in themselves ? Big difference between cocky and confidence and Kupp comes off as a humble guy to me that works his ass off and believes in himself. I'd be way more concerned if he didn't appear confident.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
We'll have to agree to disagree. I'd rather have a confident, talented player that can go up against adversity, then a receiver who punks out because he doesn't believe in himself and is scared of players.<snip>

I think the point is you want to have that confidence without putting a big target on your own back.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I think the point is you want to have that confidence without putting a big target on your own back.

I know that point... but I don't agree that it is a negative. I believe it's a positive to making someone BETTER by always making them compete 100% on every play and adjusting to scenarios that are unforeseen during the play.

Ram65

Legend
I like the Cooper HOF talk. He really means it and will work @ football like a HOFer. For him it's a real goal that is a big part of him. It's started as a kid and he will not stop. Nothing wrong with repeating your goal. The power of positive thinking.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
An NFL wide receiver talking trash ? OK, used to it. A rookie GINGER WR talking HOF ? Precious.

Can't deny, the kid has confidence.

-confidence-13072.jpg

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
An NFL wide receiver talking trash ? OK, used to it. A rookie GINGER WR talking HOF ? Precious.

Can't deny, the kid has confidence.

-confidence-13072.jpg

The Kupp kid sure doesn't lack confidence and when he has this kid throwing him the ball, the sky is the limit for these youngsters.

0912_spo_ldn-l-rams-49ers-kb16__22416789.jpg

Rams quarterback Jared Goff has several new targets to get familiar with in practices leading up to the start of training camp. (Photo by Keith Birmingham, Pasadena Star-News/SCNG)

Start of Rams’ OTA practices gives Jared Goff a chance to work with new targets

THOUSAND OAKS – A few things old, a few things new, nothing borrowed and a lot of blue. The Rams opened the final stage of their summer workouts Monday amid a bevy of changes.

For the first time, Coach Sean McVay was able to put the Rams’ veterans and rookies through a full-team, no-pads, no-tackling practice, the first of 10 such sessions the team will hold between now and mid-June. Not a lot can be be gleaned from the practices, but they’re important.

For instance, there’s no wasted time for quarterback Jared Goff, as he enters his second NFL season with a new coaching staff and some new targets at receiver and tight end.

Goff, on Monday at Cal Lutheran, threw passes to receiver Robert Woods, who signed with the Rams in March, and tight end Gerald Everett, the Rams’ second-round draft pick last month. Everett lined up with the Rams’ first-team offense for some drills Monday.

Most of the OTA drills are position-based, but there are 11-on-11 periods, chances for Goff to work with his new targets in non-pads, game-simulation situations.

“We’re just trying to get the timing down,” Woods said. “We’re connecting. The biggest thing is, we’re talking in meetings and then we’re coming out on the field and executing what we’ve been talking about.”

Woods signed a five-year, $34 million contract with the Rams in March, after four seasons with the Buffalo Bills in which he never exceeded 699 yards or five touchdowns.

More will be asked of Woods now. He is expected to be a good-hands, every-down receiver and the team’s best run-blocker. Woods and Goff already have worked together during throwing sessions in Westlake Village, and Goff said he is impressed with his new teammate.

“He’s been great, more than I could’ve expected,” Goff said. “His work ethic, you can tell how much it means to him and how bad he wants it. H’es just a competitor. He’s smart. He’s fast, and he’s strong. He wants to be the best he can be every day, and you can tell that.”
http://www.ocregister.com/2017/05/2...argets/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Guys, I have mentioned it a couple times but I'm just going to repeat it...

Do not sleep on Mike Thomas.

Thank you,
- IM

Ramification

Happy at the Coliseum again

I'm fine with him thinking it, but one can think something without saying it. He should have kept that thought to himself.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't seem to be any cockiness about him when he said that. It was almost just a matter of the fact statement.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I really like what I'm hearing from Kupp....I don't ever remember a rookie 3rd rounder talking HOF....Curious if Johnson is talking like this?